Pontypridd Show 23 April 10-4

Just wanted all the WAGs to know that I've posted details if our club show in the main Exhibitions section of the forum.

We have about 14 layouts attending, OO, HO, N and OO9. Trade from Lord & Butler and two society stands, as well as club second hand sakes stand. Only £3 entrance and light refreshments available. Any queries about this please jet me know.

Just realised I gave missed our own layout from the list!

Also would like to contact te owner if Minster, who was invited at the Cardiff show, just to check all us ok with attending. I have sent PM to Danemouth to try and contact John.

Abercynon Fach and Cogirep by well known members of the forum will be there.

I look forward to seeing you there, please introduce yourselves, I'll probably be on the door for mos of the time.

Tony

PC fixed so I can now cut and paste the details from the 'Exhibitions' thread as below:

Our annual show will once again be held this year at :

Llantwit Fadre Community Centre
Crown Hill
Llantwit Fadre
CF38 2NA

Saturday 23 April, 10a.m. - 4 p.m
Admission £3 , children free.

Up to 14 layouts plus trade.

Layouts include (full details not yet available)

OO9 layout by Cynon Valley club
Coleford. OO9. By John Wilkes
Haverfordwest. N. Paul Gandy       (N gauge continuous run with a military feel).
Llandre. N. Keith Matthews
OO layout OO. Nigel Broad
Penrhyn. OO. Richard Morgan
Blaendare Road. OO. Phil Harries    (BR/WR Terminus)
Abercynon Fach. OO. Brian Tucker (BR/WR shed layout, 1960s steam/  green diesel, as seen in  Model Rail)
Minster. OO. John Rance              (Modern town terminus and shed layout)
Cogirep. HO. Alastair Reynolds.   (French industrial with sound, as seen in Continental Modeller)
Thomas & Friends. OO. Rhondda Club
Trolleybus/Trams. OO. David Wood
Tramways. OO. John Hopkins
Gunpoint   HO  Reg Owens   (US Southern Pacific and others)

Plus 1 TBA

Trade from Lord & Butler, Cardiff.
(Please not MIB Models will not be attending due to holiday)
Club sales stand

Tallyllyn Presevation Society stand
Class 22 project stand.

Refreshments by way of tea/ coffee, sandwiches, rolls etc.

Please come along and support our club at this popular little show. Details also to be posted in the WAG section of the forum.

Apologies for any errors or omissions, please contact me for any errors.

Hi Tony, Hope you don't mind I've just amended one of the layouts from 'OO' to 'N'.  ( Penrhyn OO to Pentwyn N ) 

OO9 layout by Cynon Valley club
Coleford. OO9. By John Wilkes
Haverfordwest. N. Paul Gandy       (N gauge continuous run with a military feel).
Llandre. N. Keith Matthews
OO layout OO. Nigel Broad
Pentwyn N. Richard Morgan
Blaendare Road. OO. Phil Harries    (BR/WR Terminus)
Abercynon Fach. OO. Brian Tucker (BR/WR shed layout, 1960s steam/  green diesel, as seen in  Model Rail)
Minster. OO. John Rance              (Modern town terminus and shed layout)
Cogirep. HO. Alastair Reynolds.   (French industrial with sound, as seen in Continental Modeller)
Thomas & Friends. OO. Rhondda Club
Trolleybus/Trams. OO. David Wood
Tramways. OO. John Hopkins  
Gunpoint   HO  Reg Owens   (US Southern Pacific and others)

Regards,  Ken.

Plus 1 TBA

I'm still waiting to hear about the TBA layout! There's 14 listed above, including a bus/trolleybus one. If we get the extra layout it will be 15 in total plus club trade stand and Lord & Butler, two demonstrations and the Tallyllyn stall. (and a partridge in a pear tree!)

A quick reminder that this show is this coming Saturday (23rd) 10am - 4pm. ONLY #3 entry, kids free. 14 layouts and one on standby in case of emergency drop outs!

Lord & Butler (Dirty Boy Weathering) and Club sales stands.

Refreshments (be quick for the bacon rolls).

For exhibitors the hall will be available for set up on Friday evening from 4pm -about 8pm, and from 8am on Saturday morning.

Hope to see  many of our local  RMWebbers there, come and say hello.

Tony

Most layouts set up tonight ready for tomorrow's show with just 4 to set up tomorrow morning.

The quality looks great with a variety of scales. A few demos and static exhibits too. I think we have 14 or 15 layouts on display. There is a fabulous club stand with a selection of my books and DVDs for sale!

£3 entry only, children free. There are plenty of refreshments to keep everyone well looked after so please come along and say hello.

Tony

Thanks to those exhibitors, demonstrators, traders, club members and volunteers who came today and contributing to making our show such a success.

Attendance was up 75% on last year's show. This helps our club enormously in raising funds to getting a new clubhouse somewhere closer to the town centre.

Thank you from all at Pontypridd Model Railway Club.

Archived