Rochelle Illinois Webcam

I don't want to make it any worse for you but it is busy today. I just walked in from the garden to see a Chicago bound UP mixed with what I think was a loco LPG car towards the rear. It was the same as the CN one in the attached pic but white with yellow ends. Shame I was too slow to get a save a pic of it. Are UP still trying LPG out on their diesels?

post-6766-0-50878000-1466427436.jpg

Edited by brian daniels
  • Like 1

Brian, as far as I can find out the UP no longer using Fuel Tenders of any kind, so not sure what you might have seen - unless one of the LNG tanks in storage is being moved somewhere?  

The new fuel tenders on the FEC are funny looking things, consisting of a single container well car adapted to carry the tank and assorted LNG paraphernalia.  Compared to diesel fuel it seems to require a lot of additional processes on board the locomotive/fuel tender before it can be used as fuel.

• RMweb Premium

I'm staying at Rochelle at the moment - have been advised that joint BNSF and UP engineering staff will cut over signalling to the new signal bridges and start cutting down the old ones from 06:30 Central Time tomorrow -  typical - I come here for the trains and get engineering work ! !   The staff appear to be staying at the same Super 8 as me judging by the large collection of UP and BNSF trucks in the car park..

Chris 

• RMweb Gold

You could take up spotting maintenance of way vehicles!!

It was very busy for a while last night. We wer due to be at Rochelle this weekend but plans changed due to the price of flights.

A gantry would span not just our garden but next doors too.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that jewel, it didn't stop them running through the darkness, around 3 AM local time I heard three go noisily by.

The BNSF bridges have both gone - Hulcher dealt with them. UP are doing theirs in house - heads have gone from the old bridges and the low boy has turned up for the first of UP bridges - sometime later today, once the backlog of freight has been cleared!  UP 5601 West just passing with coal empties. Loud !!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

There have been a few GP15s through there in recent weeks but normally just one in the consist.

Haven't watched the webcam for a little while as been watching UP etc in the flesh.

Currently sitting in Widmerpool Brothers brewery watching freight move in Albina yard.

• Like 2