Rochelle Illinois Webcam

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Interesting today the UP trains going East have the normal two or three locos on the front and some have one at the rear but going West I have seen two with five locos at the front and two with four at the front and the trains did not appear any longer than usual. I suspect that UP are using the trains to move spare locos to where they are short of locos!

An interesting little train today! Seems to be making a daily appearence at the moment!

attachicon.gifRochelle 220317.jpg

All… I also spotted this work train. Did a little Internet research and found the following on YouTube:

CNW 261531 caboose and Union Pacific Crane in Dixon IL

Union Pacific Crane with Chicago North Western Caboose (CNW) in Dixon IL

This is a doable modeling project:

Walthers #932-41957 American Crane (Yellow), DC powered. Still available either powered or unpowered from retailers or the “the” auction site. Can be converted to DCC. There’s just enough room in the cab for a decoder: http://www.dccwiki.com/Walthers_American_Crane

Ex-CNW 4-window Eastern caboose (various manufacturers) painted UP Roadway (Kenefick) green. Lehigh Valley green or New York Central green are a close match.

Missouri Pacific 60-foot flat car. Intermountain TTX wood deck flat car would fit.

General purpose 50-foot fish belly flat car kit-bashed per video

Train can be run as shuttle on a DC layout with a Gaugemaster SS-1 Super Shuttle Unit, or on DCC layout with a Tam Valley Depot DCC Train Shuttle unit: http://tamvalleydepot.com/products/trainshuttle.html

UP Roadway info at: http://utahrails.net/up/900000-index.php

coh

• RMweb Premium

Flippin' 'eck, some alarming rocking and rolling on the nearest UP track today!

That has been going on for a few days now. I see they had MOW out in force this afternoon!

What I don't get is that it always seems to be bad on the UP tracks, to my eye the BNSF trains seem to roll through there pretty smoothly.

I beleive the UP side sees more frequent and heavier trains.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Short!

attachicon.gifshort usa.jpg

Earlier the loco had gone by light engine. I think it is the loco that does the local round to the Del Monte yard each day. Once when I was watching it came out of Del Monte and went across the crossings so there must be another yard close by. I must have a look on google earth to see how close it is.

• RMweb Gold

Have they upgraded the camera? It was down for a while and now seems a lot sharper?

Mind you I have just given my glasses their annual clean....

• 2 weeks later...