Rochelle Illinois Webcam

• RMweb Premium

I am not getting any sound from the webcam at present! Has anyone else got the same problem?

EDIT - As soon as I posted the sound came back! Makes you worried what else they know you are doing!

Edited by Chris116
  • Like 1

And our eight legged friend is busy top left hand corner !!

Brit15

Not busy enough to stop train watching...... :no:

Just caught the tail end of a UP rail train...

post-19751-0-11608700-1495473295_thumb.jpg

and workers beavering away on the tracks...

post-19751-0-06574100-1495473294_thumb.jpg

Brian.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Not very often you get one of each.

attachicon.gif24-5-17.jpg

The BNSF local about to go round the corner and as you say it is rare for a UP service to show up at the same time. I have only seen it once before and failed to get a picture.

The BNSF local about to go round the corner and as you say it is rare for a UP service to show up at the same time. I have only seen it once before and failed to get a picture.

I also was logged-in to the cam when this meet happened, and unable to click the shutter quick enough to capture moment. Appreciate having the moment preserved! ... coh

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity,a question for UP fans.....

I was watching the cam last night for about hour, (11.00pm onwards) and in amongst the parade of double stacks and such was a lengthy coal train.

Nothing strange there..but on the front of said train was a C44-9W still in (pactched) CNW colours.

Now if i`m right that`s 22 years after the borg absorbed the CNW!.

Is this a lone unit or are there others?.

Cheers,

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

Just out of curiosity,a question for UP fans.....

I was watching the cam last night for about hour, (11.00pm onwards) and in amongst the parade of double stacks and such was a lengthy coal train.

Nothing strange there..but on the front of said train was a C44-9W still in (pactched) CNW colours.

Cheers,

Brian.

You will be assimulated! Yes, 22 years and I think there are two of them in CNW colours, they often work together.

Edited by Chris116

Cheers,

Brian.

I managed to catch The Twins in February.  They split up for a few days after that and then were back together later that month.  Apparently UP likes to keep them together and working out of Chicago.  

Impressive how fast a 'vertically integrated' railroad can get stuff done, unlike some other models of railway organisation I could mention.

About three hours after the first screencap, the diamonds were completely out; dusk was falling and the big work lights were up and on.  I bet the neighbors LOVED that... :)

• RMweb Premium

About 20 minutes ago what appeared to be the local stopped at the normal spot for the points to be changed before going around the corner. About four workers appeared at the front of the loco and then after looking at the track for a few minutes all disappeared back and the loco then went back pushing whatever stock it had pulled into view. I wonder if the section through the points has a problem.

I'm not a big fan of the yellow line, but those heritage paint jobs are smart. Missouri Pacific and Western Pacific, that pair I think?

Not sure what they were thinking with the SP one though. Black Widow would suit that shape much better than the daylight scheme they chose.