Rochelle Illinois Webcam

As a former MP employee, when I met the guy in charge of coming up with the paint schemes for the UP heritage units, I chewed him out for painting the MP unit Rock Island "bankruptcy blue".  MP units in the blue and grey era were painted a Cerulean blue that was significantly darker than that color and had a bit of a green in it.  

I've only seen photos of MP locos, and none of them look anything like that. Looks more like a colour scheme that they might have adopted if they hadn't been assimilated than anything I've seen photographic evidence of.

I still think it's a smart colour scheme though. Love that eagle logo.

• RMweb Premium

It looks as if they have finished the work on the trackwork but I have just seen a UP train heading toward Clinton, Iowa and the box cars were rocking all over the place after going over the diamonds. Looks like they need to do a lot more tamping to get the P-way level and smooth!

It looks as if they have finished the work on the trackwork but I have just seen a UP train heading toward Clinton, Iowa and the box cars were rocking all over the place after going over the diamonds. Looks like they need to do a lot more tamping to get the P-way level and smooth!

Could be battered cars...the double stack I just saw heading for Clinton zipped by with nary a sway.  And the diamonds are much quieter too...no more rap-rap-rap of the wheels crossing the flangeways.

• RMweb Premium

Could be battered cars...the double stack I just saw heading for Clinton zipped by with nary a sway.  And the diamonds are much quieter too...no more rap-rap-rap of the wheels crossing the flangeways.

The train I saw swaying all over the place was on the far track. Since then they have had the tamper out on that track and I have seen a double stack on the near track go through with no swaying at all. Certainly the diamonds are quieter but I still suspect a little more work is required on the far track.

• RMweb Gold

Don't know when this was but in this Google Earth pic of Rochelle there's a double diamond (no, not a beer) lurking behind the wall.

attachicon.gifIMG_0775.JPG

Had a look on 'Earth' last night as opposed to Maps and the date shows 7/4/2017 (but written in american) so it probably is the one just put in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...