Rochelle Illinois Webcam

Christmas and New Year were busy, and I was in New York for work last week, so I haven't been paying much attention to the cam lately.

Had a quick look just now, in time to catch an eastbound loaded coal train.  Second unit was a BNSF SD70ACe and so was the DPU.

post-238-0-59959800-1484580201_thumb.jpg

Cold and wet there today, but not as cold as my trip to NYC which coincided with Storm Helena on the Saturday.  I decided it would be a good idea to walk from my hotel the 2 miles to the USS Intrepid... bracing, it was.

post-238-0-47357300-1484580510_thumb.jpg

post-238-0-11369300-1484580523_thumb.jpg

post-238-0-66617100-1484580531_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Global 3 is massive - at night you can see the lights for miles.

One regularly sees loaded centerbeams going around toward Global 3...is there a lumber yard back there or some sort of team track?  I can't tell from Teh Googles Earth...

One regularly sees loaded centerbeams going around toward Global 3...is there a lumber yard back there or some sort of team track?  I can't tell from Teh Googles Earth...

No centerbeams to be found yesterday, and no obvious customers for them either. I thought there was a place near Del Monte because I've seen beams near there before, but I think it's an interchange instead. Nothing to photograph.

The orange is quite reminiscent of one of the other BNSF constituents; Great Northern. Though warbonnet is nicer, I warmed up to the orange once I realised that.

Orange is better than that nasty yellow frequently seen on the other line past the webcam...