Farish Announcements

Andy Y

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Farish had fully-finished models of the new Mark One coaches on display at DEMU yesterday in all the main liveries. They are absolutely superb, particularly the Blue/Grey version with newly-tooled B4 bogies. The production 14s were also on show, also looking very promising.

They are absolutely superb, particularly the Blue/Grey version with newly-tooled B4 bogies.

That is good to know - all the pre-production shots had been of BR1 fitted ones so it looks like they're mixing it up from the first production batch :)

Have just orded the club's black 5, they say for imediate delivery, we'll see !

mr B .. modeling Nethertown

Recieved a reply from Bachmann club today, the loco will be mid July due to shipment delay (China-

England) , no dout the Riddles 4 MT and 108 three car will be in the same shipment ?

mr B .. moddeling Nethertown

• 2 weeks later...

Today, 1st July, Bac/Far have, at long last, updated the 'Recent arrivals/due in next 60 days' page of their website.

Quick glance reveals that both BR Standard kettles (the 2-6-2T and the Mogul) are now on the horizon.

Is the 2-6-2T the last of the very long awaited locos? (In recent times, they seem to keep back the announcements until reasonably close to the release date)

Time to smile at the Chief Financial Officer and the Bank Manager! At least N gauge parcels can be slipped through the household Customs checkpoint reasonably easily - can't think how 0 Gaugers or Gauge 1 buyers manage it!

Richard

Considering both the Black 5 and 4MT have already been reviewed by the various magazines, you would expect them to follow soon after. As much as I check the updates weekly, in the recent past there are items arriving in the shops when they are still listed as 30 or 60 days out, or in some cases they are not even listed for arrival at all.

• RMweb Gold

I think still outstanding from a year or two back are the 9F & 2MT and on the diesel front, the Class 222 Meridians & class 101 have both been on the cards for several years now.

Tom.

One of these is a duplicate of a Dapol model and two of the others are of prototypes closely related to those modelled by Dapol. Is this yet another twist in the competition process - perhaps not progressing them, or progressing them in secret, on the grounds that Dapol may rush one out first?

The 101 is in a slightly different situation I think. This has been awaited since the Bachmann takeover and would naturally have followed other existing bodies on new chassis, the most recent being the HST. However it was reported that the tooling of the 101 either proved not to be re-useable or wasn't considered to be of a suitable standard.

I think still outstanding from a year or two back are the 9F & 2MT and on the diesel front, the Class 222 Meridians & class 101 have both been on the cards for several years now.

Tom.

While Farish won't say it directly, both the 9F + 2MT are on the back burner. If the past 2 years are anything to go by the first we knew about the Jubilee, the Scot, Black 5 + 4MT was when Farish displayed the prototypes. By this stage most of the r+d had been done and it was just the finishing touches. It keeps us the modellers from 'frothing' so much. I'm quite happy about that, especially considering all these new steamers have had a 12-18 month turn around from prototype to production release, on par with our OO brethen.

On a happier note, I've just recevied my noticification from Hatton's that my pre-ordered 4MT's have arrived are are ready for payment and dispatch to down under. Thats my New Financal Year presentrolleyes.gif

The 2MT is probably waiting on them getting a suitable mechanism in place in the diminutive tender, and one of the 4MT variants is a step in the right direction there, and there may be a similar consideration with the 9F.

Mind you we've also got a delivery date of Oct/Nov against the 222's on the Farish website as against none for the 2MT, 9F and 101 so I suspect those are pretty much down and we'll see decorated samples just before they hit the shops.

Archived