Farish Announcements

Andy Y

Shame there is no announcement that the CEP will be put through the shrinking machine...

I would read into that 'get the MK1s right first then tool up an EMU'. To do a CEP would require the coaches to be tooled and since they are very similar to MK1s the question would come from the enthusiast, "what about some similar MK1 coaches" which will inevitably sell in larger numbers than a CEP. So I would think a CEP is not too far away, but a bit further than the Mk1s.

It's not in blue lettering in the list above, nor headlined elsewhere, so probably just the old one.

Oh yeagh did not see that :( Can't see the point of releasing the 50 as i expect it will be a poor seller as the tooling well past it.Bit concerened it says BR blue ,as this could mean we have another cock up same as they did with 50037 Illustrious.Although in 1994 Glorious did carry a sort of Hybrid br blue livery for one tour.Does anybody know wether it is in BR blue or Large Logo Livery.Oh well here's hoping that the new Vac will come next year.

So apart from Titan, mk 1 coaches and maybe a 37 my wallet is going to have a rest this year. B)

Quite a decent and, dare I say it, fair list, although it's not exactly breathtakingly adventurous and exciting. Probably the surprising 'expected but missing' things for 2010 are the previously mentioned 3MT 2-6-2T, 9F, class 70 and the new coupler.

G.

Andy said the 3MT was there, so maybe its been on the back-burner so long they forgot about it?

George

• RMweb Premium

Andy said the 3MT was there, so maybe its been on the back-burner so long they forgot about it?

George

The 3MT and 9F aren't mentioned as they are in last years catalogue, the items listed by Andy are just those that are new additions to this years catalogue, many products will be carried over from the 2009 catalogue. Not sure why the class 70 is missing though?

Cheers, Richard

The DP1 was launched in 2007 as an NRM OO gauge model, and has not been released by Bachmann under their own name as it was exclusinve to the NRM (correct me if I'm wrong, my wife usually does). Now the N gauge version has been announced.

Late last year City of Truro was announced as an NRM exclusive model. Fast forward to 2012.......

Froth mode off :D

George

The 3MT and 9F aren't mentioned as they are in last years catalogue, the items listed by Andy are just those that are new additions to this years catalogue, many products will be carried over from the 2009 catalogue. Not sure why the class 70 is missing though?

I'm not so sure I follow that. Surely the list is all releases we can expect to see in 2010 while those highlighted in blue are all new tooling over previous catalogues. The class 47s, Jublees, stainer coaches, MBA/MOA wagons, and Black 5 (and others) were all in last years catalogue (weren't they?) and yet are still on the list, so why not the 3MT and 9F? My reading is they aren't listed because they won't get released in 2010. But then who knows exactly how Bachmann work.

G.

What is the tooling change on the 108?

They've got to tool and make a centre car and another driving motor car. The two car set only has one driving motor car. The other is a driving trailer which needs to be changed for different type of driving motor car (to the other in the 2 car set) to make a three car set (along with the centre car).

G.

I'm not so sure I follow that. Surely the list is all releases we can expect to see in 2010 while those highlighted in blue are all new tooling over previous catalogues. The class 47s, Jublees, stainer coaches, MBA/MOA wagons, and Black 5 (and others) were all in last years catalogue (weren't they?) and yet are still on the list, so why not the 3MT and 9F? My reading is they aren't listed because they won't get released in 2010. But then who knows exactly how Bachmann work.

You make the same sort of comment year in year out. The announcement is the new additions to the range - it does not cover previously announced but unreleased items.

• RMweb Premium

G.

The latest class 47's weren't, and the black 5's and MBA/MOA were only announced at TINGS so deffinately weren't. (the older tooling black 5 as BR 45231 was in the 2009 catalogue). The list is all releases we can expect to see in 2010 that we either didn't know about already, e.g class 03, DP1, renumbered green 37 etc, or those that were announced during 2009 but not in the 2010 catalogue, e.g the black 5, MBA/MOA, 'modern' 47's cattle vans etc.

Hope this is clear now?! best regards, Richard

Bachmann have said that it was an intention (not a certainty) to replicate the OO range in N, and its also been mentioned that N Gauge items would follow the OO versions; no mention of development at the same time pace/time as the OO stuff, so I would expect a Class 70 to be announced for 2011 or 2012 (or even later perhaps :( ). The 3MT was shown pre-production last year, so that should be available later this year I expect.

Of course, theres always the near mythical beast of the 101 to be produced as well LOL :D

The 70 is a bit confusing, and the catalogue should hopefully clarify this (and the website when its updated), as it was announced in both OO and N, but at this round up for the catalogue launch, its only mentioned in OO. Usually, the OO model leads with the N later, but a big shame if not due this year.

Given the volume of new releases anounced that weren't in the catalogue last year, I expect much more to come on the N front! :)

David

but the Mk Is alone is good news - hope they continue and do stuff like the full brake.

Actually the current Mk1 full brake is a different vintage to the Poole era ones and includes moulded detail rather than just printed. My guess is that the current one will match nicely with the new Mk1 coaches. I have been expecting new Mk1s for a year or two and I am very happy to see them. I will have to get a rake of choc'n'cream and Maroon at least. :)

The 03 is nice and a logical progression from the 04. Much of the rest of the stuff is too modern for me but I am sure others will appreciate it.

I am pleased to see Deltic being produced in N gauge. It is the wrong region for me but it makes me hope that City of Truro might get the shrinking treatment next year. ;) In addition to the existing announcements it looks like being quite a promising year. :)

The 70 is a bit confusing, and the catalogue should hopefully clarify this (and the website when its updated), as it was announced in both OO and N, but at this round up for the catalogue launch, its only mentioned in OO. Usually, the OO model leads with the N later, but a big shame if not due this year.

Given the volume of new releases anounced that weren't in the catalogue last year, I expect much more to come on the N front! :)

David

There is no class 70 in the Farish catalogue. - I wonder if this may be down to a requirement to develop a new drivetrain, the body is quite narrow compared to other locos, where the can motor takes up the full body width.

I'm sure it'll be on it's way in the next year or two.

Aah, the narrow chassis block makes good sense now! Though interesting that despite this being such a big job to develop a new one, Bachmann have nonetheless committed to it in N. Possibly to keep Dapol's nose out of it though (the contract for the model is, as I understand it, exclusive to Bachmann). Bodes well for other narrow engined offerings in the future, the 20 of course being one in much need of updating.

Hmm...with no 70 to buy this year, what else to spend my cash on... ;)

David

Aah, the narrow chassis block makes good sense now! Though interesting that despite this being such a big job to develop a new one, Bachmann have nonetheless committed to it in N. Possibly to keep Dapol's nose out of it though (the contract for the model is, as I understand it, exclusive to Bachmann). Bodes well for other narrow engined offerings in the future, the 20 of course being one in much need of updating.

Hmm...with no 70 to buy this year, what else to spend my cash on... ;)

David

Hmmmm, class 15, 16, 17.

Actually the current Mk1 full brake is a different vintage to the Poole era ones and includes moulded detail rather than just printed.

'Tis true (I've got 2, and the GUV also), but even with raised detail (door handles, hinges, etc) you still wouldn't put it on a par with, say, the Staniers.

Still, we're getting there. I don't really have a usage for the passenger Mk Is, but I'm well happy with the intent as I've been banging on about Mk Is being a pretty nuclear-sized hole in N gauge for a couple of years now.

The prototype Deltic has got me pondering as I was considering trying to reduce the number of eras I model and the 50s was on the 'stop' list biggrin.gif

'Tis true (I've got 2, and the GUV also), but even with raised detail (door handles, hinges, etc) you still wouldn't put it on a par with, say, the Staniers.

Still, we're getting there. I don't really have a usage for the passenger Mk Is, but I'm well happy with the intent as I've been banging on about Mk Is being a pretty nuclear-sized hole in N gauge for a couple of years now.

biggrin.gif

Actually the raised detail on the sides dates from the Poole era (though the 'Super BG' is new generation Bachmann); the TPO was the first bodyshell with completely plain sides which enabled other coach types to be printed without retooling.

Archived