RMWEB Tour Of Didcot Railway Centre 31st July 2016

Castle

Castle,

Just home, sorry we missed you to say ta-ta in person, but a heart-felt thank you from me & my pals to you and your colleagues at Didcot for a thoroughly enjoyable day out.

Great to meet Mike & Bob too.

Best

Simon

Hi Drew 

I've just got back home from Didcot so can I please add my enormous thanks to you for putting on such an excellent behind the scenes tour.

I've been visiting Didcot for many years but saw more today than I ever had before.  There was very much of interest so thanks for patiently answering all my and others many questions. It's often easy to focus on locos so it was great to also get such insights into the carriage department.as well as S&T so thanks also to everyone there- including Bob and Mike the Statinmaster- who added to all that.  

(PS I know I shouldn't and that Middle Chrome Green is the only proper colour for a British express steam loco but I rather took to Edward the big blue engine.- I managed a ride behind it in a first class carriage in the morning.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Drew thanks for another excellent tour and to Mike for his signal box lecture and also to the informative K14 coach man it's nice to be in good company everyone indulging in our hobby.

P.S. Grandad Bob Simon & myself managed to grab a sausage sarnie first thing in the canteen, CK would have been proud of us.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning Drew,

Many thanks for yet another interesting and informative tour. It's really great to get behind the scenes and see the amount of work done by all the volunteers to keep things going.Sorry I had to leave early but I had a seat booked to Paddington which was a good thing as my knee was protesting and the train was rather full.

Hi All,

It was an absolute pleasure to show you all round and the 81E team and I always enjoy sharing our amazing toy box! Let's see a few photos guys!

See you all next time!

Castle

MayI add my thanks for a great day yesterday.

It was really good to get an insight into more of whats going on, and what is behind the obvious.

My wife was kept interested in most of what we saw, especially the coaches, but kind of lost the plot when we got into the

technicalities of stay rivets. But even then she now knows, as do I, what is meant by grooving.

I would certainly look forward to a revisit to  catch up with progress.

Once again many thanks, Drew

TONY

Hi All,

It was an absolute pleasure to show you all round and the 81E team and I always enjoy sharing our amazing toy box! Let's see a few photos guys!

See you all next time!

Castle

Oh well, if you insist ;) These aren't a patch on Mr. Brunel's and are completely random.

post-6882-0-15636700-1470180306_thumb.jpgpost-6882-0-18934300-1470180324_thumb.jpgpost-6882-0-77447900-1470180314_thumb.jpgpost-6882-0-05834700-1470180333_thumb.jpgpost-6882-0-68921300-1470180339_thumb.jpgpost-6882-0-18604500-1470180346_thumb.jpgpost-6882-0-72805400-1470180354_thumb.jpgpost-6882-0-29913200-1470180364_thumb.jpgRMWEB July-2016 038.jpg]post-6882-0-22133000-1470180370_thumb.jpg

I had decided to not bring my camera so I could focus on the experience instead of trying to capture it . I did though have my phone but these were supposed to just be notes.!!

Thanks again for an excellent day.

Hi Drew

Just found where the thread has moved to; can I just add my thanks on behalf of myself and my colleagues for another excellent tour.  I just love the back of the carriage shed; if only the Euromillions winner was a GWS member!!

Thanks again to you and all the volunteer staff at Didcot.

Martin

Archived