RMWEB Tour Of Didcot Railway Centre 31st July 2016

Castle

Hi All,

Horsetan: that's a shame! Some other time perhaps?

Bob: you got it!

Terry: Sorry to hear your woes, I hope things improve soon. I will keep your place open - if you don't make it, you don't make it.

All the best,

Castle

Hi All,

Horsetan: that's a shame! Some other time perhaps?....

Would have to be a Saturday, then.

Or a weekday - I could probably wangle a day out of the office, and it beats being stuck behind a desk in Ealing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I can highly recommend Castle's Didcot Access All Areas as I have had the huge priviledge of doing one myself.  The best day I have ever had in on,over and under a preserved railway.

I wish you all a great day.

Sadly I will be celebrating my birthday in Vienna that day.

Hi All,

Noel: good to hear from you again! Long time no chat! No age limit, as long as adequate supervision is supplied from parents / guardians / trained monkey / other life form...

Thanks for the kind words MIB! We do like to share the toys we have...

All the best,

Castle

Would someone be so kind as to take a pic of 'Bonnie Prince Charlie' in his current state. The loco is out of ticket at the moment and up until a couple of years ago my Father and I owned the loco in the 'Salisbury Steam Locomotive Preservation Trust' before donating it to the GWS so I'd be interested in seeing its current condition.

Cheers

Clive

Would someone be so kind as to take a pic of 'Bonnie Prince Charlie' in his current state. The loco is out of ticket at the moment and up until a couple of years ago my Father and I owned the loco in the 'Salisbury Steam Locomotive Preservation Trust' before donating it to the GWS so I'd be interested in seeing its current condition.

Cheers

Clive

Hi Clive,

Although out of ticket, BPC is in excellent condition. He has stolen the heart of one of the team who goes by the name of 'Lady Brasso'! She dotes over the loco and keeps it clean and, as you might expect with a name like that, shiny! The loco is sorely missed and was very popular with the crews. A return to steam won't be in the immediate future but never say never...

Photos to follow...

All the best,

Castle

Hi Clive,

Although out of ticket, BPC is in excellent condition. He has stolen the heart of one of the team who goes by the name of 'Lady Brasso'! She dotes over the loco and keeps it clean and, as you might expect with a name like that, shiny! The loco is sorely missed and was very popular with the crews. A return to steam won't be in the immediate future but never say never...

Photos to follow...

All the best,

Castle

Thanks Castle that's much appreciated. All the best Clive

Archived