East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

Yes, but..........

FOUR years to do both. One FIVE times the length at altitudes of 1100m........ And much of it was built along the path of the old N9.

I mean, come on...we've all seen how long the motorways in the UK are coned off for even minor repairs.

Anyway, off topic, sorry.

On 15/04/2016 at 09:53, Shed said:

the upcoming remodelling of Werrington Junction to allow freight to dive under the ECML and use the line to Spalding without crossing on the flat is planned to start construction soon.

any ideas of how long the blockade will be to enable the new chord to be built?

Target of September 2020  for a 9 day block

• Like 1

It's now 13 days from since I last ventured out.

This is the only bit of news to report.  How much is actually being done on site at the present time I don't know, it has certainly been quiet when I have been outside in the garden.

Received this letter today.

scan0001a.jpg.425b75601014d75c1a14a86421b2b543.jpg

scan0002.jpg.28144574b6875c05e49d14021df48e8c.jpg

scan0003.jpg.11d4ee76aabbc62604eefe5dd46324a1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 7

1 hour ago, Mike Storey said:

Interesting that they are still proposing a drop-in event on 6 April, despite all the current restrictions on contact?

I don't think that will be happenning now, as Paul said.

Most people that I have seen there have been in the older age group so I think it would not have been well attended anyway.

• Informative/Useful 2

52 minutes ago, Mike Storey said:

Ok, sorry. I am, being in France, somewhat ahead of what is being done in the UK.

I too must make an apology Mike.

To those of a younger persuasion who might have been offended, as being classed as old.
I could have named them as being exempt but I did not want to divulge their privacy from my top secret database.
You never know, the net police may still be lurking.:crazy:

Edited by Donington Road
  • Funny 3

8 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

I too must make an apology Mike.

To those of a younger persuasion who might have been offended, as being classed as old.
I could have named them as being exempt but I did not want to divulge their privacy from my top secret database.
You never know, the net police may still be lurking.:crazy:

I really don't understand this post.

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, PenrithBeacon said:

I really don't understand this post.

I do - does that class me as old or, alternatively, as being on the same wavelength as Mick.

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, Richard E said:

I do - does that class me as old or, alternatively, as being on the same wavelength as Mick.

That is a terrifying thought, being a relatively near neighbour of Mike.

Jamie

• Like 1

Very quiet on my daily cycle ride crossing the ECML over the Hurn Road bridge in the morning and Cock Lane bridge after lunch. No sign of any workers or activity. Just water pumps going.

20200328_115647.jpg

20200328_115703.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

36 minutes ago, Crun said:

Very quiet on my daily cycle ride crossing the ECML over the Hurn Road bridge in the morning and Cock Lane bridge after lunch. No sign of any workers or activity. Just water pumps going.

Thank you very much for the photos.

Strange not seeing any orange clad people about.

Keep safe when out and about.:ok:

• Agree 4

5 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Thank you very much for the photos.

Strange not seeing any orange clad people about.

Keep safe when out and about.:ok:

Hi Mick,

The grade separation must have been suspended due to Coronavirus pandemic. I was out dropping food and milk off to my parents. I feel better for getting out for some exercise, train watching and birdwatching. I discovered a possible breeding pair of Red Kites but am keeping the details secret.

I hope you are OK. I will try and add more photographs when possible.

Cheers, 

Chris

Edited by Crun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if it is due to Covid-19, or whether it is just a Saturday? It seems to me, given the number of other work sites that are continuing, that this is one that could allow a decent amount of social distancing to keep going. We shall see next week.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mike Storey said:

I wonder if it is due to Covid-19, or whether it is just a Saturday? It seems to me, given the number of other work sites that are continuing, that this is one that could allow a decent amount of social distancing to keep going. We shall see next week.

There is normally quite a few people working Saturday's and Sunday's.

From looking at Chris' photos, all the equipment looks to be neatly parked up, so work could well be suspended.

Edited by Donington Road
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 28/03/2020 at 21:27, Donington Road said:

There is normally quite a few people working Saturday's and Sunday's.

From looking at Chris' photos, all the equipment looks to be neatly parked up, so work could well be suspended.

I was working up there over the weekend a while back and it was as busy as week days.

my side of the project has been suspended too

• Informative/Useful 3

There's a short article about the Werrington dive-under on pages 20 and 21 of the RAIL magazine issue 901 dated 25th March to April 7th. RAIL 902 out on April 8th will have an update on the project by Paul Stephen.

• Informative/Useful 1