East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

30 minutes ago, Crun said:

Big progress made this week. Must check it out this weekend. Thanks to you and your friend Mick.

Thanks Chris.

Also of note is new lighting near the foot of the bridge at Cock Lane.  This is just a replacement of the original lamp post that Illuminated the old bridge so it is not going to do much for the new bridge.   As far as I am aware there is to be no lighting of the bridge itself.  Maybe the Council will get involved with this issue at a later date.

The lamp post on the west side will not be replaced as that would be where the Stamford Lines are now situated.

The lamp post at the right of the picture.

1398c.jpg.2862fc29f90a6bc1d0e124ecf087250a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Damn - Been out on the pushbike today, I guess I must have been there at a similar time. I'm going to feel it later on, saddle sore posterior feels likely.

I've got these from Cock Lane:

IMG_0613

Pumping seems to have ceased.

IMG_0614

The dive under starts to take shape.

IMG_0615

These seem to be the kit that are causing complaints in Werrington. The new headspan is visible.

IMG_0617

IMG_0618

IMG_0619

IMG_0620

IMG_0621

Then moving on to Lincoln Road there is nothing to see East of the road but they do seem to be making progress with the section which will become an abutment for the new bridge.

IMG_0622

And the excavation under the A15 is surprisingly deep.

IMG_0623

IMG_0624

Whilst Hurn Lake/Morgan Lake/Siddall Lake has now dried out ...

IMG_0625

And finally a shot from Hurn Road footbridge which seems to have another new headspan visible just north of the junction. IIRC that is roughly where the box will go under the main.

IMG_0626

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 4

2 hours ago, Richard E said:

Damn - Been out on the pushbike today, I guess I must have been there at a similar time. I'm going to feel it later on, saddle sore posterior feels likely.

It was all worth the effort Richard, you got different views and different places.  The more photos we have the better.  The happier I am anyway, as I am still confined to barracks.

You were only slightly later, by about 6 hours !! :jester:

You did well to cycle that far from home, well done.:good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the photo below my friend was asking why the line of sheet piling was starting to splay out at the end of the yellow fencing, and the opposite side.

AFAICS, it is the transition point from sheet piling to cylindrical piling.

The video, if you pause it at 30 seconds in, shows the transition point.  Dark grey (sheet steel piling), to light grey (cylindrical concrete piling).

DSC_1384c.jpg.d4c1cadeb1d3f3a883f773097cf9be68.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

About 14 miles on the bike, not used to it any more but used to do 25 miles a day just keeping fit. Trouble is that was a lot longer ago than I'd like to admit. Still on the same bike though. Trouble is the 14 took almost as long as the 25 used to!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Aren't we supposed to stay within 2km of home?

Nope, nothing stated within the regulations in respect of distance or, indeed, the time spent exercising. In any case I was on very quiet country lanes a lot of the way and saw far fewer people than I do when I go to the supermarket shopping. And I was never more than 6 miles from home anyway.

In fact on a 2km (1.25 miles) restriction I couldn't even go shopping as my nearest supermarket is 2.5 miles away.

And before you ask I cannot get a home delivery date in the next 3 weeks either.

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 3
  • Agree 5

I've taken a walk in the sun near my north Werrington home. I could hear the sound of sheet piling on the wind...

Edited by Crun
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Network Rail have released an update to their website including dates for future resident 'drop in' days, the next one of these is 22nd June.

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/our-routes/east-coast/east-coast-upgrade/werrington-grade-separation/

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

Network Rail have released an update to their website including dates for future resident 'drop in' days, the next one of these is 22nd June.

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/our-routes/east-coast/east-coast-upgrade/werrington-grade-separation/

Includes progress reports on parts of the whole project with photographs taken from within the site.

• RMweb Premium

Strange, In my browser that link loads this:

NR.JPG.b1810305818d2927a4e842f44fb70fe8.JPG

Tried 4 times, opening in a new window, a new private window etc. Exactly the same

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, melmerby said:

In the fly through why is an up Stamford passenger train running wrong line?:scratchhead:

Why has a 1960s EE export diesel loco been acquired by NR?:jester:

Noticed the load? I didn't know that there is a plan to import coal through Felixstowe in the future?

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Welly said:

Noticed the load? I didn't know that there is a plan to import coal through Felixstowe in the future?

That's not coal, that's Coprolite from the new loading facility under the Houses of Parliament.

Watch out for the tankers of hot air:jester:

• Funny 2