East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

44 minutes ago, Crun said:

17th July 2020: Film of activity on the East Coast Mainline, work on the dive under and activity on the GNGE line:

Thank you for giving my 'roving reporter friend' some more exposure, he will appreciated that.:declare:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

This is what all the fuss was about on Realtime Trains.

Can I ask what arrived in the above clip earlier this evening?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

This is what all the fuss was about on Realtime Trains.

Now showing KX to the North running as normal and Werrington Junction back in use

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/detailed/WRNGTNJ/2020-07-19/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Crun said:

Can I ask what arrived in the above clip earlier this evening?

What you saw, an open wagon, four flat wagons and a heavy duty crane.

It is parked up (3..00am) on the Up Slow at Cock Lane.  If it weren't raining so hard I'd pop down and have a look.

3 hours ago, melmerby said:

Now showing KX to the North running as normal and Werrington Junction back in use

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/detailed/WRNGTNJ/2020-07-19/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

State of affairs at 3:00am.  A lot of possessions.

If you save the images to your computer they can then be expanded.

1865825213_railcam3_10am.jpg.c0cddc56712828e72dc7231391919009.jpg

1249597685_tracksy3_00am.jpg.ad6a1130b1a54878b1073891fd5c98c6.jpg

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Current situation on Railcam is little changed and yet RTT still shows KX - North services through Peterborough as operating!

e.g.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/N90001/2020-07-19/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/C44258/2020-07-19/detailed

Maybe they hit warp speed at Peterborough and re-appear at Stoke Summit?:jester:

Edited by melmerby
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Looks like it was only an overnight possesion.

Tracks returning to normal now.

EDIT

Only the Stamford line and the Spalding line still closed.

Edited by melmerby
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, melmerby said:

Looks like it was only an overnight possesion.

Tracks returning to normal now.

EDIT

Only the Stamford line and the Spalding line still closed.

According to the last newsletter the weekend shift finishes on Sunday at 8:00am.  Perhaps that is not a very good indicator of what actually happens on the ground.

There was no mention in the letter of weekend work along the section from Lincoln Road to Glinton Junction but while I was there last night around 9:30pm, quite a lot of personnel arrived, digger was scraping hard core, floodlight and other machinery starting up which was creating quite a lot of noise, the worst being that horrible squawking sound from reversing vehicles.

Edited by Donington Road
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Jaggzuk said:

See pg 42, it is a Kirow rail mounted crane.  https://www.balfourbeatty.com/media/317250/rail-plant-services-overview-a.pdf

Impressive looking bit of machinery. I must get out on the bike this week and have a look around the Lincoln Road, Werrington to Glinton area. Beautiful weather now after the rain of last night. If I get out during the working week I will try and photograph activity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Donington Road said:

What you saw, an open wagon, four flat wagons and a heavy duty crane.

It is parked up (3..00am) on the Up Slow at Cock Lane.  If it weren't raining so hard I'd pop down and have a look.

Thanks Mick. It will be interesting to see the crane in action. Is the white box-like object the power source for the crane?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Crun said:

Thanks Mick. It will be interesting to see the crane in action. Is the white box-like object the power source for the crane?

Not sure about the white box but this can certainly insert complete point units under the overhead which saves it all being dismantled.

Jamie

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Crun said:

No idea what the white box was Chris.  I'm sure the crane is self powered.

Edited by Donington Road

10 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Not sure about the white box but this can certainly insert complete point units under the overhead which saves it all being dismantled.

Jamie

The position it was in during the night would suggest the crane was at the junction.  There have been people working on the trackwork at the junction during nighttime possessions for a few weeks now and there were a lot of NR vans down at the side of the track on Thursday afternoon.  A lot of re-cabling has also been going on in that area.  I have not seen any new track delivered or anything laying about on site.  There was nothing on that train last night when it arrived which suggested that it came to take something away or was the white box one of those portable signalling buildings?  I hope to get down there tomorrow so will have a look for any changes.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

The possession on the Spalding line was for this ...

IMG_9772

There are a lot of cables not in trunking and they are putting them in this temporary ducting. Two blokes 'laying' the duct (i.e. throwing it into the cess) and one securing it around the cables with tie wraps. Started at Foxcovert footbridge and working back towards Werrington Junction on the southern side of the track.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

On 16/07/2020 at 11:17, Crun said:

A question from elsewhere:

"On RTT I see there are engineers trains to Werrington Jn. starting this Saturday 18th July.
Saturday the 8th August there are no passenger trains between Spalding and Peterborough so can it be assumed this is the weekend when the connection from the Joint Line to the dive under line ( ? Glinton Junction ) will be installed?"

Crun posted this two pages back.  Well Crun, you were on the right track so to speak about Glinton Junction. :good:

Having looked around Cock Lane for any sign of something out of the ordinary today with regards to the mystery visit of the large rail mounted crane on Saturday night, my 'roving reporter friend' has just come up with this little gem.

The residents close to Glinton Junction received this newsletter at the end of June.  Reading about the planned works for Saturday it appears the crane was there to unload trackwork for the junction.  One can only assume another train arrived later with the trackwork to be unloaded by the crane.

With the crane having gone through Werrington Junction on Saturday night I was obviously outfoxed and was looking in the wrong place today.:banghead:

1070282710_Screenshot(89).jpg.ef13bfb0967df0af86c38af83f46dab2.jpg

1499270890_Screenshot(88).jpg.b82b27378a8253db49fe8564c1bdead5.jpg

• Informative/Useful 2

7 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

Crun posted this two pages back.  Well Crun, you were on the right track so to speak about Glinton Junction. :good:

Having looked around Cock Lane for any sign of something out of the ordinary today with regards to the mystery visit of the large rail mounted crane on Saturday night, my 'roving reporter friend' has just come up with this little gem.

The residents close to Glinton Junction received this newsletter at the end of June.  Reading about the planned works for Saturday it appears the crane was there to unload trackwork for the junction.  One can only assume another train arrived later with the trackwork to be unloaded by the crane.

With the crane having gone through Werrington Junction on Saturday night I was obviously outfoxed and was looking in the wrong place today.:banghead:

1070282710_Screenshot(89).jpg.ef13bfb0967df0af86c38af83f46dab2.jpg

1499270890_Screenshot(88).jpg.b82b27378a8253db49fe8564c1bdead5.jpg

Must cycle down the path from the Fox Covert road crossing to the A15 Lincoln Road bridge and have a good look around.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Got a possible destination for the spoil from this project - apparently a large amount of soil is to be moved by road arriving at Kings Dyke over the next few months. No idea where the soil is moving from but it is needed in connection with building of a flyover and underpass combination at Kings Dyke Crossing ...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

2 hours ago, Crun said:

Must cycle down the path from the Fox Covert road crossing to the A15 Lincoln Road bridge and have a good look around.

Photos from my cycle ride from Fox Covert bridge to the A15 Lincoln Road bridge this evening.

A couple of photo's through the gap in the hedge alongside Serjeant Way showing the possible site of the Glinton Junction and the new trunking on the GNGE:

20200720_190005.jpg

20200720_190011.jpg

20200720_190630.jpg

20200720_190632.jpg

20200720_190636.jpg

20200720_190749.jpg

20200720_190805.jpg

20200720_190811.jpg

Progress under the A15 bridge:

20200720_192536.jpg

Trunking and a box near the temporary bridge to Glinton: 

20200720_192922.jpg

20200720_191040.jpg

Edited by Crun
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

1 hour ago, Richard E said:

Got a possible destination for the spoil from this project - apparently a large amount of soil is to be moved by road arriving at Kings Dyke over the next few months. No idea where the soil is moving from but it is needed in connection with building of a flyover and underpass combination at Kings Dyke Crossing ...

At one point there were eight lorries quequing this afternoon to be loaded.  They are just taking top soil out as far as I could see.  Observers noted they were going west on the A47 from the Bretton interchange, after that they could be going south or west.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Crun said:

Photos from my cycle ride from Fox Covert bridge to the A15 Lincoln Road bridge this evening.

A couple of photo's through the gap in the hedge alongside Serjeant Way showing the possible site of the Glinton Junction on the GNGE:

20200720_190005.jpg

Shame it is a very restricted view around that area.   It needs a few tree surgeons to open it up a bit.

Or you could buy that drone you have been promising yourself Chris :jester:

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 2