East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

From Hurn Road footbridge 28 July.

Supplies building up in the compound, stacks of wooden fence posts.

IMG_4430c.jpg.af61bbd38198ca33f2f7f2f2dfd2ecbc.jpg

IMG_4435c.jpg.5d0e2932ba8ccc4fd83ce493a42df104.jpg

North of Hurn Road towards Helpston trackside cabinets being replaced.

IMG_4429c.jpg.4e30fc15b3addc367d6574f17aabcd12.jpg

IMG_4443c.jpg.96bd1d37e319bb3e5a8caf3b86795eb6.jpg

IMG_4444c.jpg.641e8c9c7ff4da2ea0c0d2ee785a4030.jpg

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

From Hurn Road footbridge 28 July.

Supplies building up in the compound, stacks of wooden fence posts.

IMG_4430c.jpg.af61bbd38198ca33f2f7f2f2dfd2ecbc.jpg

IMG_4435c.jpg.5d0e2932ba8ccc4fd83ce493a42df104.jpg

Didn't go that far myself, looks as if there is a new footpath going in that will use the access lane past the stables. Someone should ask them to surface it all the way up to Hurn Road as the bit 'off site' is quite pot holed and has many big puddles when it is wet.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Richard E said:

Didn't go that far myself, looks as if there is a new footpath going in that will use the access lane past the stables. Someone should ask them to surface it all the way up to Hurn Road as the bit 'off site' is quite pot holed and has many big puddles when it is wet.

That is the proposed dual access road for Network Rail and the Environment Agency once the project is finished.  I would be very surprised if it is not brought up to standard by then as it is usually flooded half the year.  Mind you, so is everywhere else around this site.:jester:

1773091456_2020-0365c.jpg.6e51d87a3e381b93e8c4505730b51f03.jpg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Not that unusual to see the down slow used by the fast trains. experienced it quite regularly when I commuted between Peterborough and York.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, melmerby said:

I wonder why that LNER train was on the slow going north?

It is to let the one behind overtake it.  The video was in real time, freight, Azuma on the slow line, then end of same freight and Azuma on the fast line. It is a regular occurance with this service.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Not a very good photo. This bit of kit is in Sandy Up siding and heading to Peterborough Waitrose siding today (Sunday) arriving 07.55, No doubt it is for the work being carried out this weekend.

IMG_8828.JPG.0a9cff1619127a1d3a159231c98bd8d0.JPG

Edited by chris p bacon
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 31/07/2020 at 09:36, melmerby said:

Are the cabinet replacements connected with the in-cab signalling installation?

I would very much doubt it.

despite being announced several times there is not much movement with that project, definitely not at installation stage just yet

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Getting fed up at home so took some time to go and have a look around.

Photo's aren't great unfortunately but here goes anyway.

A couple from Foxcovert Lane bridge. It is possible, on site, to see that the length of track where the Orange Army are gathered has been cut out ready for the switch to be inserted.

IMG_1489

IMG_1490

And another view from the Lincoln Road end.

IMG_1492

And there is a petrol disc cutter and laser sight visible from just about the only view point along Sargeants Way (which is now signed as a bridle way).

IMG_9804

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3

Still working at Glinton Junction around 1:00pm Sunday.

A short length of track on the Down Line just south of the future junction has had the ballast removed which probably went away on the first Doncaster train.

The second Doncaster train which arrived around 22:30 last night is shown in the photo, this is completely loaded with new ballast.  The train that arrived from Whitemoor is still held a Foxcovert road again still loaded with ballast.  It is difficult to see what is going on with the heat haze distorting images.  From what I can see the track is being raised to bring it level with the Up Line.  All the track machines were parked up in the compound and work on the track was being done manually with shovels.  The track machines had been used overnight as they were in different positions from Saturday night, plus there was much dirt on the flat crossing where they access the track.  Work continues until 06:15 Monday morning.

The pdf file below contains a small video clip, quality is not very good but I thought it worth posting.

2020-08-02 reduced.pdf

IMG_4715c.jpg.a89ad6d407dfb6934d08c5800e1c85dd.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Getting fed up at home so took some time to go and have a look around.

Am I following you around or are you following me around Richard :jester:

Really is a shame we cannot see anything from Sargeants Way.  I just wish I had a silent ten foot long chain saw and muscles like the Hulk to work it.:rolleyes:

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

Still working at Glinton Junction around 1:00pm Sunday.

A short length of track on the Down Line just south of the future junction has had the ballast removed which probably went away on the first Doncaster train.

The second Doncaster train which arrived around 22:30 last night is shown in the photo, this is completely loaded with new ballast.  The train that arrived from Whitemoor is still held a Foxcovert road again still loaded with ballast.  It is difficult to see what is going on with the heat haze distorting images.  From what I can see the track is being raised to bring it level with the Up Line.  All the track machines were parked up in the compound and work on the track was being done manually with shovels.  The track machines had been used overnight as they were in different positions from Saturday night, plus there was much dirt on the flat crossing where they access the track.  Work continues until 06:15 Monday morning.

The pdf file below contains a small video clip, quality is not very good but I thought it worth posting.

2020-08-02 reduced.pdf 8.49 MB · 0 downloads

IMG_4715c.jpg.a89ad6d407dfb6934d08c5800e1c85dd.jpg

I can open the file but can only see a pdf still image Mick.

14 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Not a very good photo. This bit of kit is in Sandy Up siding and heading to Peterborough Waitrose siding today (Sunday) arriving 07.55, No doubt it is for the work being carried out this weekend.

IMG_8828.JPG.0a9cff1619127a1d3a159231c98bd8d0.JPG

Not seen any track machines so far this weekend Dave.  Maybe they come under cover of darkness so they don't scare the locals. :jester:

I'm sure one will have to be used by Monday morning to pack the ballast under the section that has been dug out.

• Like 2