East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, melmerby said:

Works both ways on Windows

Thanks - that's my machine or browser then. Or my security settings as I have trackers blocked amongst other measures.

Edited by Richard E

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, melmerby said:

And on Android in France.  Thanks for the updates. It's great to see something interesting on Twitter now that a certain soon to be ex personage has had his account cancelled. 

Jamie

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

49 minutes ago, melmerby said:

42 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Thanks - that's my machine or browser then.

It only works for me if I have all my browsers security and privacy disabled.  I am not doing that, so a url link is better for everyone rather than clicking on a picture from an unknown source that contains trackers and goodness knows what else.

Edited by Donington Road
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

It only works for me if I have all my browsers security and privacy disabled.  I am not doing that, so a url link is better for everyone rather than clicking on a picture from an unknown source that contains trackers and goodness knows what else.

I'm using Kaspersky and that doesn't object with privacy settings on.

I suppose it lets Vlad in Moscow see what nefarious things we are all up to.:jester:

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

40 minutes ago, melmerby said:

I'm using Kaspersky and that doesn't object with privacy settings on.

I suppose it lets Vlad in Moscow see what nefarious things we are all up to.:jester:

Kasperspy, Norton, Macafee, et al won't stop your browser talking to the world.  It will stop most dodgy things coming in that are trying to pry into your data.

It is your browser with its loose tongue that you need to muffle before it even talks to Kasperspy, which will then let such loose talk out into the wide world.

Do I want to be tracked with every click of the mouse by Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google, Microsoft, etc., ?  No.  That is why I secure my browser with uBlock Origin, Ghostery and Privacy Badger.:pilot::banned:

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

Kasperspy, Norton, Macafee, et al won't stop your browser talking to the world.  It will stop most dodgy things coming in that are trying to pry into your data.

It is your browser with its loose tongue that you need to muffle before it even talks to Kasperspy, which will then let such loose talk out into the wide world.

Do I want to be tracked with every click of the mouse by Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google, Microsoft, etc., ?  No.  That is why I secure my browser with uBlock Origin, Ghostery and Privacy Badger.:pilot::banned:

Bad form replying to my own post and we are going off topic as well, but I thought it pertinent to post this privacy screen grab after revisiting the Twitter page.

My browser is Firefox.

uBlock Origin reports 487 blocks on that page, that is 52% of the page is cr@p.

ub2021-01-19_19-33-03.jpg.762246beec6fd73b5e6198b684746049.jpg

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah! Found out why it loads on my laptop.

Firefox had privacy settings turned off. (That must have been after the crash the computer had)

I have turned them back on and that Twitter feed wont now load.

I already have Privacy Badger and Kaspersky has privacy settings which stop fingerprinting, data collection etc.

I found if you have too many security programs some sites become very slow in loading.

I have Ghostsurf which is useful if you want to visit websites in foreign countries which normally get blocked due to domain, but don't normally use it as it can really slow down loading on some sites

EDIT

Just added Ublock Origin and opened that Twitter page in a new window and it found & blocked just 27 items!

The block count in Kaspersky & Privacy Badger both dropped.

2nd EDIT

The count started to rise after I had played the video a few times. I managed to get it up to 127 but most of those were the same thing several times over!

Google Analytics are turned off anyway (you can add that to Firefox)

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Apologies for posting a link (Firefox tried embedding it but that causes issues) but the latest video is rather good.

https://twitter.com/ECMLupgrade/status/1351638494834253824

And a link to a cheeky screen grab.

Edited by Richard E
Additional link
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Apologies for posting a link (Firefox tried embedding it but that causes issues) but the latest video is rather good.

It is the best way posting the link Richard.

The video shows just how low the land lies around here with all the water on the fields and we are in one of the driest areas of the country.

Their pumps will certainly be working overtime after Thursday's predicted rain.

From Twitter:

The tunnel will be pushed into place and the East Coast Main Line re-opened on Monday morning. We’ll then complete the installation and begin the fitting of tracks, signalling, etc. It’s due to be connected into the network in the autumn.

If anyone wants to download the two videos shown on Twitter today, the tunnel dismantling and the aerial video by Network Rail I have put them here:

Tunnel dismantling : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_nOFQdMu5rsQMirThr9PnvHkhDjN8Z-q/view?usp=sharing

Aerial view from Network Rail: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kCeBQBIehloUaW3WbmwCcvDrBUyo6WdQ/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Richard E said:

Really good footage, I hope they get the drone up some more over the coming days.

(The twitter link works OK on my desktop using Firefox with Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin and other active blockers)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Richard E said:

And another video from Twitter courtesy of tom_40A_ guard showing the dive under from rail level.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1351822910252589056/pu/vid/1280x720/CsSlaAjLDiQZk-xJ.mp4?tag=10

Thanks Richard.

Anyone who wants to download the video can do from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZmhMzKGcO7l0T1rBSR52VEAKPEuMKb23/view?usp=sharing

• RMweb Premium

They're coming in thick and fast now, one from NR that rather nicely shows the progress towards the reception pit/south ramp. 10 car (2x5) Azuma on the Up Stamford on diesel, looks like a 4 car DMU on the down Stamford so possibly a Norwich/Liverpool service.

EsK4eIRXYAADVO4.jpg.a44373997fa8363a429274ff8395ee90.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Richard E said:

They're coming in thick and fast now, one from NR that rather nicely shows the progress towards the reception pit/south ramp. 10 car (2x5) Azuma on the Up Stamford on diesel, looks like a 4 car DMU on the down Stamford so possibly a Norwich/Liverpool service.

I'm no expert but it could be 2 x 170s on XC Birmingham - Cambridge etc. service, there has been that combination recently.

• Agree 2

According to Network Rail spokesman, the aptly named Ed Acres, on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire the push will be over at 08:30 this morning. Then they will cover it over and add the rails. The presenter couldn't understand how the trains kept running while they 'dug the tunnel'...

Edited by Crun
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2