East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

On 21/06/2021 at 15:33, jools1959 said:

Is there a planned completion date as like to be on one of the first Peterborough - Lincoln trains to use it.  As these services presently use platforms 1A and 2 at Peterborough, am I correct in assuming that they will be moved to 6 or 7?

From what I have gathered only goods trains will use the dive under. Passenger services will use the same lines as they currently do.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 21/06/2021 at 15:33, jools1959 said:

Is there a planned completion date as like to be on one of the first Peterborough - Lincoln trains to use it.  As these services presently use platforms 1A and 2 at Peterborough, am I correct in assuming that they will be moved to 6 or 7?

UKrailtours have a special train that is intending to use the underpass on Sat 9th October. Kings Cross to York and back via various freight routes.

Nick 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, stivesnick said:

UKrailtours have a special train that is intending to use the underpass on Sat 9th October. Kings Cross to York and back via various freight routes.

Nick 

Steam hauled?

On 23/06/2021 at 11:45, Donington Road said:

Cock Lane footbridge to be closed for six weeks!

scan0001.jpg.ba1de9a0e5409ac4b6bb3604ae773dae.jpgscan0002c.jpg.eb32eb02397f85f687f2505440d29271.jpg

They still have some of the April closure notices up on the approach to the bridge from the Bretton side. I saw no signs about the closure from the 28th June today. Some people might be in for a surprise if they try to use the bridge from Monday for six weeks.

46 minutes ago, stivesnick said:

No, diesel hauled but class not specified. Not sure what UKrailtours use as standard motive power these days.

Nick 

67's by all accounts. 

Regards 

Guy

• Thanks 1

Trains on the ECML, Laying sleepers at Glinton Junction. A film by Trackside ECML. Is it a bit ahead of the schedule as posted out to local residents?

Edited by Crun
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Donington Road said:

The temporary Up Stamford has now been lifted.

DSC_3179.jpg.0da10fcc399fc3e512999c56a40066e8.jpg

The herb garden is starting to flourish:D

Edited by melmerby
graden garden
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2