East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Trog said:

Loose CWR left in the 4' can also move along the track due to the vibrations of passing trains, often in the opposite direction to the trains. This movement is slow but very powerful I have seen a rail that cut an inch deep groove through a softwood sleeper, and several cables and TPWS boot scrapers that looked rather upset by the rails attentions.

I'm always concerned they might move sideways and foul the running rails.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, melmerby said:

I'm always concerned they might move sideways and foul the running rails.

I have the same feeling too.

Bags of ballast seem to be the prefered method of keeping rail ends from running lines.................

513139884_foxcovertroad0018.jpg.267ad56e437eb4305e3d9ae2176bf0bb.jpg

..........but there are instances here at Foxcovert Road where there are none.

1045396939_2021-0179.jpg.7d512a80366596f3eedd97a4e94a521a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Friday 28th May.

View of the Werrington end of the temporary Lincoln Road bridge:

20210528_150902.jpg

Views west from the new Lincoln Road bridge:

20210528_151014.jpg

20210528_151403.jpg

Edited by Crun

A film by Mr Deltic15 on his long awaited return to the ECML, Werrington Junction and the dive under workings:

Edited by Crun
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Busmansholiday said:

I've just been looking at Google's satellite view of the area as it's years since I was in that area. Either there's more problems with Azumas than we think or Google have stiched a few pictures together.

Screenshot_20210528-214151.png.67fd55a7057ef96941aa7120ab49c5e7.png

They're ghost trains specific to your device as they not on the latest Google maps.  Perhaps your device needs a reboot:friends:

waltonmap.jpg.27f80be2e62f636b2ef447b2eb5a8ad3.jpg

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

They're ghost trains specific to your device as they not on the latest Google maps.  Perhaps your device needs a reboot:friends:

Oh yes they are::)

image.png.907753d9ffddc7b2284b75462788771b.png

Definitely Ghost Trains (At least on the Pro version!)

Image dated 25/05/2020, which as far as I can tell is the latest view but all the parked cars being in the same place suggest they were taken at the same time as the basic version.

If you look at the bus layby on Lincoln Road there are also 2 dark vehicles travelling north which aren't on the basic Google Earth view

I assume it's an artefact of how the satellite views are processed for the two versions.

51 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Oh yes they are::)

image.png.907753d9ffddc7b2284b75462788771b.png

Definitely Ghost Trains (At least on the Pro version!)

Image dated 25/05/2020, which as far as I can tell is the latest view but all the parked cars being in the same place suggest they were taken at the same time as the basic version.

If you look at the bus layby on Lincoln Road there are also 2 dark vehicles travelling north which aren't on the basic Google Earth view

I assume it's an artefact of how the satellite views are processed for the two versions.

The only difference between Google Earth Pro and Google maps is:

Google Maps satellite image never shows moving objects like road vehicles and presumably railway trains unless they are stationary, then they tend to be virtually blurred out.  Look at major roads in most cities, no moving traffic.  Out in the country moving traffic is generally shown.  All rather odd.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

8 hours ago, Donington Road said:

The only difference between Google Earth Pro and Google maps is:

Google Maps satellite image never shows moving objects like road vehicles and presumably railway trains unless they are stationary, then they tend to be virtually blurred out.  Look at major roads in most cities, no moving traffic.  Out in the country moving traffic is generally shown.  All rather odd.

I can see them on Google Maps. Two Azuma front portions ...

And cars are visible on the roads, look at the roundabout, doubt they are parked.

460129637_Screenshot2021-05-29at08_58_28.png.c1bf612ebd43cc4b96d713a459c80977.png

Google Earth - no vehicles other than parked ones. Looking elsewhere (Rhubarb Bridge roundabout) vehicles that have stopped at the traffic lights are visible and it is possible to see where some have been cloned out of the view.

349479759_Screenshot2021-05-29at09_04_38.png.44e1069d216ca4dd961457b4990e9988.png

Edited by Richard E
Added a further comment
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

But of course it is generated by computer so it must be correct!

Or not.

Jonathan

Aerial photographs stitched together by computer to be pedantic.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Richard E said:

Aerial photographs stitched together by computer to be pedantic.

It doesn't explain why my Google Maps and Google Earth are showing completely opposite pictures than yours.  My Google Maps, no cars, no split Azuma.  My Google Earth, cars and split Azuma.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

It doesn't explain why my Google Maps and Google Earth are showing completely opposite pictures than yours.  My Google Maps, no cars, no split Azuma.  My Google Earth, cars and split Azuma.

Parallel universe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

Because the maps & images will be stored on more than one server across the world, depending on which server has served your visit to Google Maps will determine which images you may see - Google will replicate data across servers but how quickly it spreads will depend how important they deem it to be right up to date.

• Informative/Useful 2