East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

• RMweb Gold

Is there a planned completion date as like to be on one of the first Peterborough - Lincoln trains to use it.  As these services presently use platforms 1A and 2 at Peterborough, am I correct in assuming that they will be moved to 6 or 7?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

Is the northbound Stamford line due to be relocated back to the sidevof the diveunder.

Jamie

I raised that question some time ago and the answer was no, it is staying (socially!) distanced from the diveunder.

It would need the OHE to be moved again and AFAIK they aren't moving it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Is there a planned completion date as like to be on one of the first Peterborough - Lincoln trains to use it.  As these services presently use platforms 1A and 2 at Peterborough, am I correct in assuming that they will be moved to 6 or 7?

Staying on 1 & 2 I believe and still using the bi-directional up slow.

That's not saying an occasional passenger train won't use it but it is designed to take the Felixstowe et al freight services, that would normally need to cross the main lines in both directions

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Cock Lane footbridge to be closed for six weeks!

scan0001.jpg.ba1de9a0e5409ac4b6bb3604ae773dae.jpgscan0002c.jpg.eb32eb02397f85f687f2505440d29271.jpg

I wonder what the modifications to the bridge are?

Thanks for the advance warning Mick. I shall have to cross the ECML via the Marholm Road bridge on my return journeys from Bretton and beyond... :o

Edited by Crun

Wednesday 23rd June 

Views from Lincoln Road bridge of rail moving machines in action:

20210623_123812.jpg

20210623_123826.jpg

20210623_123839.jpg

Edited by Crun
Change of name for machines
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Crun said:

I wonder what the modifications to the bridge are?

Thanks for the advance warning Mick. I shall have to cross the ECML via the Marholm Road bridge on my return journeys from Bretton and beyond... :o

Higher side pieces to the end of the first ramp down and the end of steps next to the Down Stamford line has been mentioned a few times.  What other modifications that will take six weeks remains a mystery.  Caging in the over bridge with mesh may be a possibilty, but I hope that doesn't happen.:O

As to your journey to Bretton, just think about the extra mileage doing your health a lot of good.:good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Crun said:

Wednesday 23rd June 

Views from Lincoln Road bridge of rail shaping machines in action:

20210623_123812.jpg

20210623_123826.jpg

20210623_123839.jpg

Not rail shaping but rail moving machines being used to move rail to where it is required. They used the same type of machine to move rail into place when laying the new down Stamford and the temporary up Stamford.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Not rail shaping but rail moving machines being used to move rail to where it is required. They used the same type of machine to move rail into place when laying the new down Stamford and the temporary up Stamford.

Why do these machines remind me of Star Wars?

• Funny 3

11 hours ago, Richard E said:

Thanks Richard. I have changed my original post.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Visit to Lincoln Road this evening.

The site looking very bare.

IMG_8529c.jpg.fe4fe502cc35e3341f1d584cf78d14d5.jpg

There are now floodlights on the Down Line side from Glinton Junction through to the dive under.  Work is going on overnight preparing the Up Line.  The centre line of the Up and Down lines has been marked on the ballast with orange paint.

IMG_8514c.jpg.3f66472b1150ed06c2d10dd8cde5b3e8.jpg

IMG_8526c.jpg.9087e20de647b04071bb499c1727eff2.jpg

IMG_8515c.jpg.daefecac28ef598a7d103c70bd555dce.jpg

IMG_8519c.jpg.0b2104c28a2db8f9765f46d4a0ebc8a9.jpg

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2