East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

2 hours ago, Crun said:

No activity today 23rd May. Lincoln Road bridge:

20200523_110659.jpg.59463877dde7d1640d41ae9543b80304.jpg

Nice set of photos taken today Chris.

I see from your first photo that a start has been made with casting the north side retaining wall which will follow the line of piling in the photo below.

Once the retaining wall is completed and the adjacent bridleway/footpath done, the temporary footpath will be removed allowing the embankment on Lincoln Road to be cut through where they are now piling as per my recent video.

1691111686_hurnroad0041.jpg.3059f57c6fd10b2d86579c1569512e40.jpg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Nice set of photos taken today Chris.

I see from your first photo that a start has been made with casting the north side retaining wall which will follow the line of piling in the photo below.

Once the retaining wall is completed and the adjacent bridleway/footpath done, the temporary footpath will be removed allowing the embankment on Lincoln Road to be cut through where they are now piling as per my recent video.

Thanks for the explanation as to what I saw today Mick.

In addition to the upcoming night time sheet piling this weekend at Cock Lane we now have further notification of a whole weeks worth of night time piling starting from the 7th of June.

Hope the weather is not too hot that we need to open our windows.:heat:

Binder1_Page_1.jpg.59ce5e96c05903ad834f897d76e41edd.jpg

Binder1_Page_2.jpg.b36d44c74514b13cf32d9ca6ae575c1e.jpg

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, Richard E said:

First guide tunnel has seen the TBM break through.

(video courtesy of Rick Barsby via Twitter)

Anyone care to speculate what the green monster is doing in the wide-way.

Is it to lift and turn the boring machine around so it travels back in the opposite direction, or to lift it out and transfer back by road to whence it came from?

Image taken this morning by my friend.

DSC_1877a.JPG.d14941cb604f7188562f41f79ffaad2f.JPG

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

Anyone care to speculate what the green monster is doing in the wide-way.

Is it to lift and turn the boring machine around so it travels back in the opposite direction, or to lift it out and transfer back by road to whence it came from?

Image taken this morning by my friend.

DSC_1877a.JPG.d14941cb604f7188562f41f79ffaad2f.JPG

My understanding from the site visit in September is that the boring machine will be lifted out, taken back round to where it started and then bore the second guide tunnel. The time scale from lifting it out to starting boring the second tunnel was given as two weeks.

• Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Crun said:

Is it just me that can't open this link or can other people open it?

If you are a PC click "open link in new window", it usually works.

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

I suppose that all the support infrastructure  for the TBM is at the other end so it would make sense to take it back and start again.  IIRC Rockershovel is working on it.

Jamie

• Like 2

22 hours ago, melmerby said:

If you are a PC click "open link in new window", it usually works.

I was using a laptop with old software on it. It works OK on my mobile and new laptop. Thanks

Edited by Crun
Update reply
  • Like 2

As the Orange Army were piling partying through Saturday night to Sunday it seemed rude not to join in the fun.
There were good vibes to be had that made the feet dance on the jumping bridge and being next to the disco drowned out all conversation with myself.
It may be a bit boring to some, but the video resolution got a little better as dawn broke and fuzzy heads cleared. :jester:

• Like 4

More sleepless nights for some, more photos for others.:devil:

This new schedule is in addition to the last newsletter where it stated night time piling would take place for the whole of next week starting at midnight on Sunday 6th.

It does seem to be taking a long time to do this small stretch compared to the rest of the wide-way piling.

scan0001.jpg.4dfe7fd1714cdf6f675f793fb485c472.jpg

scan0002.jpg.85dc17c636e2598faa7ba34d30419598.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

A few photos from Cock Lane this evening, complete with trains.

IMG_3406c.jpg.0fb17a5d3d3485288cca8274ead9b6c8.jpg

IMG_3411c.jpg.713d9d7bd3af4b9de86a74e21f0d94e9.jpg

Piling machine folded up so it can get under Cock Lane footbridge.

IMG_3413c.jpg.50f9318856559bfb1c480944abc8b3df.jpg

IMG_3417c.jpg.b24358b556c29a7431a23cdace1fd9bc.jpg

Large crane still on site, don't know if the boring machine has been removed from the pit.

IMG_3423c.jpg.2571b48618b30253fede28f48d1242ba.jpg

IMG_3428c.jpg.9d694f1a4fc488a96cf7e9d4150040c7.jpg

The concrete piles which were exposed earlier (next photo) are now being cleaned up to reveal the rebar (to the right of the loco in the last photo) to which the concrete retaining walls will be cast.

2008477495_cocklane0224c.jpg.cbdfd3072489a910308f78a377d4bcaa.jpg

IMG_3433c.jpg.df60c0638fcd658490990061e41d4ef4.jpg

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

When the vibrator cannot drive in the sheet piles it's time to bring in the hammer.

The attached pdf 

EDIT 4th June 2020

The attached pdf file showing a short video clip has been removed.

The full video of the Sheet Piling Hammer can now be viewed a few posts further down this page

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Donington Road said:

When the vibrator cannot drive in the sheet piles it's time to bring in the hammer.

The attached pdf  rmw vid 2.pdf

contains a short video clip shot by my friend  Trackside ECML  whose train videos are can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOe_03zJEFYDNdBu56HfKeQ/videos

How do I get the video to run?

All I can do is open the pdf!

EDIT It's another file that will only run in a new window - now working (in a fashion)

Edited by melmerby

12 hours ago, melmerby said:

How do I get the video to run?

All I can do is open the pdf!

EDIT It's another file that will only run in a new window - now working (in a fashion)

EDIT 4th June 2020

The full video of the Sheet Piling Hammer can now be viewed a few posts further down this page

Edited by Donington Road

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Download and open the pdf file then click anywhere on the picture

inst.jpg.28ce052acef02254565aa5e1bcf52a64.jpg

Problem is it works sometimes but not others!:scratchhead:

I can download it and sometimes play it, others not, after one play it won't play again, so if I wanted another look would have to download it again and hope it plays:jester:

As I said "works in a fashion" on my PC

+

I have managed to see it. It's noisy isn't it?

Edited by melmerby

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

I can download it and sometimes play it, others not, after one play it won't play again, so if I wanted another look would have to download it again and hope it plays:jester:

+

When you click on the picture a lightly coloured play bar should appear within the clip so you can play it again.

Maybe it does not work correctly in every type of pdf reader, something I didn't think of at the time.  Apologies to anyone else who cannot see it.

As it is not my video I did not want to put it on my youtube channel and the only way to upload it here was to put a short piece of the video (10mb limit) within a pdf container.

EDIT 4th June 2020

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, melmerby said:

+

I had to use my work laptop with a fuller version of the relevant Adobe software to view and hear this. This was after downloading it and opening it in a long-winded fashion. No wonder they do the sheet piling overnight!

Right, I have been told how to put the video on Youtube without it being displayed visually/publically on my channel to the wider world.

Sorry for the confusion earlier with the pdf situation, I'll go back and amend the previous posts.

This video is courtesy of Trackside ECML  whose train videos are can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOe_03zJEFYDNdBu56HfKeQ/videos

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Done a bit more digging re Acrobat.

Adober Reader DC (Free) does not play inserted media  as standard.

You can add it and many other options, but are a subscription feature but you can have a one week trial.

It seems that by doing so you are upgrading DC to the full Pro version.

On 28/05/2020 at 15:46, jamie92208 said:

I suppose that all the support infrastructure  for the TBM is at the other end so it would make sense to take it back and start again.  IIRC Rockershovel is working on it.

Jamie

I left the site several weeks ago, as part of the general closure and down-manning of several Morgan Sindall sites due to Covid19

Broadly speaking, it isn’t feasible to drive the TBM from the wide way. It goes back to Hurn Road and starts again. There is a complex set of variables whereby the support sledges either come out at the wide way, or are retrieved from Hurn Road depending on the progress of the next phase (tunnel fit-out). There are numerous variables relating to getting these loads, and the crane itself, past the OHLE and working the crane so I don’t care to predict how long it would be there. 

Edited by rockershovel
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4