East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

You need to download the file then click on the image to play it.

What sort of file is that? Not recognised as video file in my computer.

All I get when I download it is a jpg still. I can right click it, click it, open it, all the same.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, melmerby said:

What sort of file is that? Not recognised as video file in my computer.

All I get when I download it is a jpg still. I can right click it, click it, open it, all the same.

It is an mp4 file embedded in the pdf file.  Plays ok in Acrobat, I click on the image then a play bar opens up on the bottom of the image and plays the video.

I'm sorry if your software cannot play it but due to restrictions of 10mb maximum file size and file types here on RMweb I cannot upload it as a virgin mp4 file.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Donington Road said:

It is an mp4 file embedded in the pdf file.  Plays ok in Acrobat, I click on the image then a play bar opens up on the bottom of the image and plays the video.

I'm sorry if your software cannot play it but due to restrictions of 10mb maximum file size and file types here on RMweb I cannot upload it as a virgin mp4 file.

I think we've been through this before.

You need Acrobat Pro (expensive) to play it as Acrobat Reader DC (free) does not have the plug-in to do it.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I was up there around 10:00 or so. The section of track they were working on had definitely been cut free of the track either side of it, the disc cutters were still in use when I walked past. Maybe I should have given them a shout to cut down some of the vegetation.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

Won't work for me either.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

Hi Mick

I think we came to the conclusion a few weeks back that only Acrobat Pro (which I believe you have) will play this embedded format.

There may be other programs that do but none of the ones I have tried will.

I have tried various painter/photo manipulators as well as VideoLan which will play/open just about anything.

I haven't yet tried Pinnacle Studio Ultimate, which I have on a another PC.

33 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Hi Mick

I think we came to the conclusion a few weeks back that only Acrobat Pro (which I believe you have) will play this embedded format.

There may be other programs that do but none of the ones I have tried will.

I have tried various painter/photo manipulators as well as VideoLan which will play/open just about anything.

I haven't yet tried Pinnacle Studio Ultimate, which I have on a another PC.

Yes I do remember now, sorry , old age doesn't help with memory these days.

According to Adobe, Adobe Reader should play video within pdf's.  https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/acrobat/using/playing-video-audio-multimedia-formats.html

Actually, the still image you see is basically the video, just that the video dances about a bit more for a few seconds, so you haven't missed much.

Time for some different viewing points of the Joint Line.

The first photo is taken from the Sargeants Way footpath that runs the whole length of the Joint Line from Lincoln Road to Foxcovert Road footbridge some 1.25km or 1350 yards on the south side.

It is one of the better views as the undergrowth has been cleared around the lineside cabinet but those spikey brambles still give a nasty bite to those of us this side of the fence.  It was just luck that a loco was parked here.  Try catching one moving at 60mph :crazy:

IMG_4667c.jpg.a38367c877146b80439cb6f6e24efc7f.jpg

Still on the south side, now on the ramp of the Foxcovert Road footbridge.  Foxcovert Wood which is to the left and behind the loco was bisected equally when the Joint Line was built.

IMG_4675c.jpg.8545707cb6055f97dad1be190b8e3520.jpg

Foxcovert Road footbridge from the north side of the Joint Line.  Such a nice open bridge compared to the enclosed panelling of the Cock Lane footbridge.

IMG_4697c.jpg.b2fb36631e2dfa7958f32882ca9632b8.jpg

From the same viewpoint as the last photo, again on the north side of the Joint Line.  Taken with a 70mm lens which is just a bit more magnification than normal eyesight it shows Foxcovert Wood on the left and the green portakabins middle right where Glinton Junction will be.  Again there is no access without a long walk trampling through the farmers crops, which, coming from a farming background myself I would never do.

1617991569_IMG_4684_stitchc.jpg.e655c54b506001ad61b5a8c13fe41be0.jpg

The light green excavator arm to the right of the tree on the right is in the Lincoln Road compound.

IMG_4688c.jpg.f05ce551abf33a2fa72e8477017a75b5.jpg

IMG_4689c.jpg.19595cf9c597d5ba74cb52621b127420.jpg

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Time for some different viewing points of the Joint Line.

The first photo is taken from the Sargeants Way footpath that runs the whole length of the Joint Line from Lincoln Road to Foxcovert Road footbridge some 1.25km or 1350 yards on the south side.

It is one of the better views as the undergrowth has been cleared around the lineside cabinet but those spikey brambles still give a nasty bite to those of us this side of the fence.  It was just luck that a loco was parked here.  Try catching one moving at 60mph :crazy:

IMG_4667c.jpg.a38367c877146b80439cb6f6e24efc7f.jpg

Still on the south side, now on the ramp of the Foxcovert Road footbridge.  Foxcovert Wood which is to the left and behind the loco was bisected equally when the Joint Line was built.

IMG_4675c.jpg.8545707cb6055f97dad1be190b8e3520.jpg

Foxcovert Road footbridge from the north side of the Joint Line.  Such a nice open bridge compared to the enclosed panelling of the Cock Lane footbridge.

IMG_4697c.jpg.b2fb36631e2dfa7958f32882ca9632b8.jpg

From the same viewpoint as the last photo, again on the north side of the Joint Line.  Taken with a 70mm lens which is just a bit more magnification than normal eyesight it shows Foxcovert Wood on the left and the green portakabins middle right where Glinton Junction will be.  Again there is no access without a long walk trampling through the farmers crops, which, coming from a farming background myself I would never do.

1617991569_IMG_4684_stitchc.jpg.e655c54b506001ad61b5a8c13fe41be0.jpg

The light green excavator arm to the right of the tree on the right is in the Lincoln Road compound.

IMG_4688c.jpg.f05ce551abf33a2fa72e8477017a75b5.jpg

IMG_4689c.jpg.19595cf9c597d5ba74cb52621b127420.jpg

You walked the same route as I did but you got decent pictures which I didn't! Now who is following whom?

• Funny 2

34 minutes ago, Richard E said:

You walked the same route as I did but you got decent pictures which I didn't! Now who is following whom?

Ha, sod that, I was on me 'orse going across the prairie.  I saw no injuns with cameras just goat herders with black and white animals.:jester:

2020_-_1035c.jpg.b8a73941fc4bbf9f5e67301c96d444e6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Ha, sod that, I was on me 'orse going across the prairie.  I saw no injuns with cameras just goat herders with black and white animals.:jester:

2020_-_1035c.jpg.b8a73941fc4bbf9f5e67301c96d444e6.jpg

But did you see the poppies?

IMG_9806.JPG.3d80de2b0abc830f65dfcc6e93f27bd2.JPG

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Where is the signal WS7005 controlled from?

If it was Peterborough PSB I assumed it would have a "P" prefix.

AIUI, the new way of identifying signals is now by route rather than controlling signal box. So in this case, WS7005, is I assume on the route Werrington to Spalding, controlled from that routes workstation - which may currently exist in Peterborough PSB, but in the future may be controlled from York ROC - which is why "route" identifications are used rather than the traditional specific signal box locations.

Hope this helps (and hope my understanding of the new format is correct, although I'm more than happy to be corrected if I've misunderstood the new format).

Edited by iands
Corrected bad typing.
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 minutes ago, iands said:

AIUI, the new way of identifying signals is now by route rather than controlling signal box. So in this case, WS7005, is I assume on the route Werrington to Spalding, controlled from that routes workstation - which may currently exist in Peterborough PSB, but in the future may be controlled from York ROC - which is why "route" identifications are used rather than the traditional specific signal box locations.

Hope this helps (and hope my understanding of the new format is correct, although I'm more than happy to be corrected if I've misunderstood the new format).

Hi Ian,

I believe that is the Eastern numbering strategy for signals now, I know that other regions have other prefixing strategies.

Simon

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, St. Simon said:

Hi Ian,

I believe that is the Eastern numbering strategy for signals now, I know that other regions have other prefixing strategies.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the clarification. 46+ years on Eastern Region I guess has blinkered me a bit, although I did have a year or so on the North West Electrification Project and I seem to recollect a very similar (if not identical) route identification method for signals at Rochdale being TSnnnn - the "T" being Thorpes Bridge Jcn, and the "S" being Smithy Bridge - but again, I'm more than happy to be corrected if my grey cells are playing tricks again.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iands said:

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the clarification. 46+ years on Eastern Region I guess has blinkered me a bit, although I did have a year or so on the North West Electrification Project and I seem to recollect a very similar (if not identical) route identification method for signals at Rochdale being TSnnnn - the "T" being Thorpes Bridge Jcn, and the "S" being Smithy Bridge - but again, I'm more than happy to be corrected if my grey cells are playing tricks again.

I'll correct myself now. Just checked, the signal numbers in the Rochdale area are "TH" not "TS". The "T" for Thorpes Bridge Jcn is correct, so I guess the "H" will be Hebden Bridge for the route identification.

• Informative/Useful 1

Wednesday 5th August 2020: photo's from around the A15 bridge and the temporary bridge near Werrington. Newly opened footpath/bridleway/cycle path:

20200805_124853.jpg

20200805_124857.jpg

20200805_124948.jpg

20200805_125056.jpg

20200805_125103.jpg

Edited by Crun
Add new photos
  • Like 5

Wednesday 5th August 2020: photo's from around the A15 bridge and the temporary bridge near Werrington. Newly dug trackbed? Preparations for a crane I have since learnt.

20200805_125252.jpg

20200805_125301.jpg

20200805_125320.jpg

20200805_125608.jpg

20200805_125623.jpg

20200805_125650.jpg

Edited by Crun
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I wonder how many equestrians will actually dismount rather than just ducki g down in the saddle.  Maybe I'm too cynical.

Thanks for the photos.  It almost looks as if trackwork is going to start at that end and work south.

Jamie

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I've been out as well. All change at Lincoln Road/A15 bridges as the footpath has, as Crun shows, been completed and the temporary path closed. As such photographs of the new Lincoln Road bridge are only possible from the temporary footbridge.

There is a TSR on the joint line at the moment.

IMG_9807

Then the steelwork for the bridge abutments is still ongoing. There is also some fairly hefty shuttering ready for use.

IMG_9808

IMG_9809

I think rather than trackbed this is a temporary haulway for access to the bridge works. It's about 2-3' too high for trackbed imho.

IMG_9810

IMG_9811

The old access steps down to the old Hurn Road are now closed.

IMG_9812

They were moving some fencing into place under the A15 when I was there.

IMG_9814

IMG_9815

Whilst over at Lincoln Road I caught an ECS stock working with Mk3's and barrier vehicles.

IMG_1493

IMG_1495

I also had a quick look at the cutting between Hurn Road and Lincoln Road and I was told they are currently doing some drainage works in there.

IMG_1498

I then went to have a look at Cock Lane bridge. They were doing some work around the Werrington Brook sluice under the location of the new Stamford up line.

IMG_9816

IMG_9819

And work in the wideway continues apace.

IMG_9820

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 hours ago, Richard E said:

image.png.8c22945f9f7d96423ef6807d1ed140ea.png

Thank you to Crun and Richard for some excellent photos today.  I've been out too so I wont duplicate what has been posted.

The new hard standing put down where the track will eventually go is solely for the mobile crane to unload the Lincoln Road bridge spans that are arriving by rail.  No doubt it will also be used to put the bridge spans in place.  Once that is done it will all be dug out again to prepare for the track formation.

Untitledc.jpg.149aa1555d2174c8af9391c74613df43.jpg

Also another sensor? has been put in place on the A15 road bridge facing Lincoln Road.

IMG_4744c.jpg.426e370cc586b813a34b4b5083497545.jpg

Also, the posts for the sheet fencing, photographed by Crun last week have been sent back to the manufacturer as the holes in the base plates do not match the studs on the retaining wall.

IMG_4747.jpg.110c994a2f74a5af34735e526bfbcbab.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

Thank you to Crun and Richard for some excellent photos today.  I've been out too so I wont duplicate what has been posted.

The new hard standing put down where the track will eventually go is solely for the mobile crane to unload the Lincoln Road bridge spans that are arriving by rail.  No doubt it will also be used to put the bridge spans in place.  Once that is done it will all be dug out again to prepare for the track formation.

Also another sensor? has been put in place on the A15 road bridge facing Lincoln Road.

spacer.pngAlso, the posts for the sheet fencing, photographed by Crun last week have been sent back to the manufacturer as the holes in the base plates do not match the studs on the retaining wall.

I must admit I'd wondered about posting mine tbh as some duplicated those from Crun.

That sensor is like the one I pictured a couple of pages back on an old telegraph pole on Lincoln Road but within the worksite.

IMG_9801

I'd wondered where the posts had gone. Someone is saying oops somewhere then!

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1