East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Donington Road said:

I still cannot see where the space is on the new bridge for the mains water pipe that is supposedly being moved from its present position just west of the old bridge.  The rebar on the cross spans look very near the same height of the existing Lincoln Road bridge surface.  The blue valves that were installed many months ago just below the surface either side of the bridges dictate that the pipe will be on the west side.

Hang it off the side rather than bury it?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Richard E said:

Thinking about it is there space underneath but between the bridge beams instead of on top of them?

They have already infilled with concrete between each span, about two inches from the top and are now in the process of putting rebar across the whole width of the bridge for what is presumably a concrete slab.

How deep they have gone between the spans with concrete I don't know.

2020-09-16_19-22-53.png.5b3659c6c60e5f6e8854c36dd2aa4511.png

Edited by Donington Road
spill cheqer hicup
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Crun said:

Do any of the regular posters on here also post on here: https://www.railforums.co.uk/ ?

No.

I am not a big fan of any type of forum.  I tolerate this one because the subject is interesting and local to me.

I much prefer Usenet where it is much easier to follow conversations because of threading and generally there is no moderator culling posts.

10 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

No.

I am not a big fan of any type of forum.  I tolerate this one because the subject is interesting and local to me.

I much prefer Usenet where it is much easier to follow conversations because of threading and generally there is no moderator culling posts.

Ah yes I have had auto merge added to my posts on Railforums.co.uk. The moderators have also created a separate thread in the Photography Sites & Videos and Blogs section for what they deem to be just photographs or videos from around Werrington Junction:  https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/photos-and-videos-from-werrington-junction-including-work-on-the-grade-seperation-project.207886/page-2#post-4776476 as opposed to photographs or film of work on the dive under in the Infrastructure and Stations section: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/werrington-grade-separation-approved.167526/page-17#post-4776440.  They haven't got it quite 'right' with both threads.

Edited by Crun

12 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

According to the last news letter, Saturday night 23:00 to 06:15 Monday, tamper in use tamping ballast on the Joint Line (Glinton Junction)

Thanks Mick. I will go out on the bike on Sunday morning to see what is happening.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Donington Road said:

No.

Do you have to pay to join Usenet? Is it very technical?

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

That looks to be in installation of the actual junction points that lead onto the diveunder.  By early November it should be compleye.  Real progress.  Thanks for the updates.

Jamie

I think it will only be the points that are installed at this stage.  No where near ready to lay any track from them in towards the ramp yet Jamie.

The next step is digging out the recently bored piles at Hurn Road to cast the retaining wall atop.  Lincoln Road bridge is quite a long way off being finished and the nine day closure to push the box section under the ECML is not until 16th January.  I think you will have another year of me whittling on and posting photographs. :declare:

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Donington Road said:

I think you will have another year of me whittling on and posting photographs. :declare:

I assume that NR have a proposed completion date, that must be out there on-line somewhere.

Edited by melmerby

My roving reporter friend has put together a video showing some aspects of the initial stages of the Werrington Upgrade development.  Views are from around Hurn Road and Cock Lane showing the old Brook Drain and main site area.

Watch it on Youtube and give a thumbs up because I know how hard he has been working to find all those old clips.

Edited by Donington Road
  • Like 2

On 18/09/2020 at 21:44, Donington Road said:

According to the last news letter, Saturday night 23:00 to 06:15 Monday, tamper in use tamping ballast on the Joint Line (Glinton Junction)

No sign of Tamper before 2pm today.