East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

Photographs from Cock Lane Bridge of the dive under trenches. After taking these I had a look at the work under the A15 and was surprised to see two LNER Azumas pass in opposite directions on the GNGE lines.

20201114_133409.jpg

20201114_133414.jpg

Edited by Crun
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 minutes ago, Crun said:

Photographs from Cock Lane Bridge of the dive under trenches. After taking these I had a look at the work under the A15 and was surprised to see two LNER Azumas pass in opposite directions on the GNGE lines.

All ECML trains diverted via the Joint this weekend because of work at Grantham.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

All ECML trains diverted via the Joint this weekend because of work at Grantham.

To be more precise, the works trains are currently at Tallington Junction, this side of Stoke Tunnel.

EDIT

Also works trains just north of Retford.

Edited by melmerby
  • Informative/Useful 3

10 hours ago, Donington Road said:

YouTube film by Trackside on the ECML from November 12th to the 14th:

Edited by Crun
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Thanks Mick. I must nip out again on my bike when we get better weather this afternoon.

• RMweb Premium

Busy today.

At Cock Lane even the dumper trucks were struggling with the mud, still moving spoil out, one bucketful at a time and it was coming out of the bucket in a single 'plug' of soil! The trackside drains are in too.

IMG_1986

Work continues on the dive under as a northbound train of empty stock passes on the down Stamford.

IMG_0032

There was fine gravel going in with ground matting ready to go in place as well at the end of the concrete raft.

IMG_0029

Moving over to Lincoln Road it was really busy there. The pipework over the bridges is now completed and awaiting connection at both ends.

IMG_1970

IMG_1974

Work was going on to clear soil around the piles ready for the walling to be put in place.

IMG_1971

Concrete was being brought in to form the foundations for the bridge wing wall.

IMG_1981

IMG_1984

And the piles were being drilled for bar to be secured in place so that the facing skin can be secured in place.

IMG_1983

Meanwhile under the A15 the southern wall is emerging from the shuttering ...

IMG_1978

... even whilst concrete is still being pumped in to cast them at the other side of the road.

IMG_1979

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2

5 hours ago, melmerby said:

Those pipes really are close to the surface on the bridge and the parapets definitely look a bit on the low side.

What's the betting there'll be railings on top of the walls?

• RMweb Premium

And how long before there is a complaint that the kerbs are not wheelchair/pushchair friendly? Mind they are not very human friendly either. Easy to fall if trying to cross. I assume that as there are pavements it is a permitted pedestrian route?

Jonathan

20 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

And how long before there is a complaint that the kerbs are not wheelchair/pushchair friendly? Mind they are not very human friendly either. Easy to fall if trying to cross. I assume that as there are pavements it is a permitted pedestrian route?

Jonathan

Hopefully the road will be built up to be level with the paths either side.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

Jonathan

AFAIK this is just a footpath/cycle route, so the kerbs etc are just dressing for the pipework.

https://goo.gl/maps/yuDPjAQPA97eC73X6

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, melmerby said:

AFAIK this is just a footpath/cycle route, so the kerbs etc are just dressing for the pipework.

https://goo.gl/maps/yuDPjAQPA97eC73X6

Correct, it isn't a road as such but has been in the past until the A15 was built. It is now a cyclepath and footpath. It is also used by local horseriders. The temporary footbridge is 'interesting' when a horse is ridden across it.

I can see railings being used on the full span of both bridges being anchored on either end and in the centre.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Correct, it isn't a road as such but has been in the past until the A15 was built. It is now a cyclepath and footpath. It is also used by local horseriders. The temporary footbridge is 'interesting' when a horse is ridden across it.

I can see railings being used on the full span of both bridges being anchored on either end and in the centre.

Should get a good view of the trains from the back of a horse:jester:

• Funny 4

2 hours ago, Crun said:

CGI film by Mark Carey:

https://youtu.be/15IsBt7In0U

2 hours ago, Richard E said:

Nice find, confirms 60mph limit through the dive under and associated junctions.

The Network Rail helicopter made a few flyovers today while I was at Cock Lane.  I'm not a Twitter/Facebook user so keep a look out on there for nrairops as a new video from them may be due.

Edited by Donington Road
  • Informative/Useful 2

12 hours ago, melmerby said:

Should get a good view of the trains from the back of a horse:jester:

The back of the horse that passed by Richard and I a few weeks back could have benefitted from the use of Shotcrete's pressure washer and a bottle of Old Spice before any decent rail enthusiast would get anywhere near riding it.:bad:

Edited by Donington Road
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3