East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder

22 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Your post realy needs, a Like, a Thanks, a Funny, a Friendly/supportive and a Like, so I will give you a Round of Applause :crazy:

Don't forget the last  of the ECML diversions on the Joint this weekend.:good:

I shall take the above as a positive message on the whole! ;) :)

• Agree 1

More activity from work on the dive under than usual on a Saturday. Photographs from Saturday 28th November.

Looking north from Cock Lane bridge:

20201128_131426.jpg

20201128_131335.jpg

20201128_131335.jpg

Looking south

20201128_131444.jpg

20201128_131448.jpg

20201128_131841.jpg

20201128_131458.jpg

Edited by Crun
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

43 minutes ago, Crun said:

Photographs from Saturday 28th November:

Looking north from Cock Lane bridge:

20201128_131426.jpg

The steel angle plate being fixed on top of the sheet piling is probably the base for the galvanized post and rail fencing like that which is on the concrete walling.

36 minutes ago, Crun said:

Photographs from the Lincoln Road bridge:

20201128_133154.jpg

Lot of bendy bits to reach the valve buried beneath the road surface.:declare:

It will be interesting to see how they are going to hide that lot with the flanges looking so high or whether the front kerb will come past it and then it will be fenced off from the kerb.

• Like 1

Very slow progress at Lincoln Road and Hurn Road.  Anglian Water are still looking in to the holes they dug last week.

The track bed towards Glinton Junction has not really changed.  A white carpet has been laid so the excavator doesn't muddy the new ballast.

IMG_7447c.jpg.d8120eea26b88d6970c2d11cb2845889.jpg

Two new flights of steps were installed last week down the 'very steep embankment' .

Can't have those workers tabogganing down the slope when the snow comes.:jester:

IMG_7447cc.jpg.fee79d83c8c38eb532543b2878bb37e6.jpg

The Shotcrete looks a bit rough, perhaps it is waiting for the plasterer to skim over it.

IMG_7449c.jpg.713bc6c5fb76140f85b0a361d9d2111a.jpg

At Hurn Road the only activity going on was the fixing the railing to the new retaining wall.

IMG_7444c.jpg.837d05081e13d61228b7515e46f3a3e0.jpg

IMG_7441c.jpg.4480c81abfd5f7f2966abda866238ccc.jpg

IMG_7440c.jpg.4e2431871a616ecc45b80e21f171f31e.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Very slow progress at Lincoln Road and Hurn Road.  Anglian Water are still looking in to the holes they dug last week.

The track bed towards Glinton Junction has not really changed.  A white carpet has been laid so the excavator doesn't muddy the new ballast.

IMG_7447c.jpg.d8120eea26b88d6970c2d11cb2845889.jpg

Two new flights of steps were installed last week down the 'very steep embankment' .

Can't have those workers tabogganing down the slope when the snow comes.:jester:

IMG_7447cc.jpg.fee79d83c8c38eb532543b2878bb37e6.jpg

The Shotcrete looks a bit rough, perhaps it is waiting for the plasterer to skim over it.

IMG_7449c.jpg.713bc6c5fb76140f85b0a361d9d2111a.jpg

At Hurn Road the only activity going on was the fixing the railing to the new retaining wall.

IMG_7444c.jpg.837d05081e13d61228b7515e46f3a3e0.jpg

IMG_7441c.jpg.4480c81abfd5f7f2966abda866238ccc.jpg

IMG_7440c.jpg.4e2431871a616ecc45b80e21f171f31e.jpg

Got pretty much the same set of photos myself earlier today.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not that I could see. Still moving sand and ballast in to the dive under from the south through the old Thomas Cook site. They were running dumper trucks across the Stamford lines around midday. Looking at train times I'm thinking that they had a possession.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Not that I could see. Still moving sand and ballast in to the dive under from the south through the old Thomas Cook site. They were running dumper trucks across the Stamford lines around midday. Looking at train times I'm thinking that they had a possession.

Bit of a waste of time going up to Lincoln Road, it started to drizzle so I scurried back towards home with the intention of going to Cock Lane, then it rained as I got nearly home so I called it day.  So no photos to post of Cock Lane.

I wonder how they are managing the temporary possession?  What I have seen recently is that there is no one to be seen with stop signs, lamps and detonators like there was a few months ago.  The only person to appear occasionally is someone with a broom to sweep the mud off the crossing.

Got a call from my good friend Trackside ECML this morning to come and have a look at Cock Lane.  The Marholm Brook is in flood to such an extent that Morgan Sindall have had to cut a channel from it into Brook Drain to relieve the water.  The new drainage system is obviously not working so I can see the re-instatement of the overflow pipe having to be put back in.  Sorry no photos or video.  I arrived there without taking my camera :wild:.  How the hell did I manage to do that?  Hopefully there should be a video later by Trackside ECML.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Got a call from my good friend Trackside ECML this morning to come and have a look at Cock Lane.  The Marholm Brook is in flood to such an extent that Morgan Sindall have had to cut a channel from it into Brook Drain to relieve the water.  The new drainage system is obviously not working so I can see the re-instatement of the overflow pipe having to be put back in.  Sorry no photos or video.  I arrived there without taking my camera :wild:.  How the hell did I manage to do that?  Hopefully there should be a video later by Trackside ECML.

It's not as if we have had days of torrential rain. It seems someone may have misjudged the amount of water and the flows.

• Agree 1

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Richard E said:

It's not as if we have had days of torrential rain. It seems someone may have misjudged the amount of water and the flows.

Let's hope they have not misjudged the requirements for pumping out the dive under when it is finished.  I wonder if developers ever ask local people with knowledge of these events before they make any descisions to the requirements needed?  I thought not :scratchhead:

• Agree 1