Jump to content

East Coast Mainline Blockade for Werrington Junction diveunder


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ess1uk said:

The dirt track remains as far as the GSMR mast but the turning point there is now gone meaning you have to reverse the entire length at least once .

at present you then have walk in the cess to get to the relay room.

i do hope they reinstate vehicle access or at least the turning space when all the temporary fences come down

 

I would have thought that vehicle access to the relay room and the area between the two Joint lines was a necessity for future maintenance.  If there is no space between the Up Slow and the end of the dive under box to allow vehicles to cross then that to me is a poor design.  Should have made the cutting ten feet shorter and the box ten feet longer.

 

I saw the signalling gang last year reverse their van from the Waterworks Lane access all the way down to Hurn Road.  It was quite a wiggle around the OHE masts and through the undergrowth.  When I said to them why didn't your mate just bring the van round to Hurn Road by road to pick you up?  They said we haven't got a key to get out of the gate at Hurn Road.  So not only does all that fencing keep the public off the railway it keeps the workers caged in too.

  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday 13th March. Hurn Road bridge views. They have decorated the concrete barriers:

20210313_113353.jpg

 

20210313_113405.jpg

Edited by Crun
  • Like 3
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed they have lots of new electrical boxes south and north of the Hurn Road bridge:

20210313_114210.jpg

 

20210313_114202.jpg

 

20210313_114217.jpg

Edited by Crun
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Views north of Cock Lane bridge. What is happening to the west of the tunnel approach? There seems to be sand and ballast in between that and the Stamford lines:

20210313_142629.jpg

 

20210313_142620.jpg

 

20210313_142617.jpg

Edited by Crun
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Donington Road said:

 

I would have thought that vehicle access to the relay room and the area between the two Joint lines was a necessity for future maintenance.  If there is no space between the Up Slow and the end of the dive under box to allow vehicles to cross then that to me is a poor design.  Should have made the cutting ten feet shorter and the box ten feet longer.

 

I saw the signalling gang last year reverse their van from the Waterworks Lane access all the way down to Hurn Road.  It was quite a wiggle around the OHE masts and through the undergrowth.  When I said to them why didn't your mate just bring the van round to Hurn Road by road to pick you up?  They said we haven't got a key to get out of the gate at Hurn Road.  So not only does all that fencing keep the public off the railway it keeps the workers caged in too.

How about an access from Papyrus Road industrial estate.

A locked, gated entrance and one of those lightweight crossings used for maintenance workers.

At the other side of these shrubs is the track and on the over the track are the cabinets

https://goo.gl/maps/FTvdShUqMrXung2LA

 

you can see the relationship here:

https://goo.gl/maps/2SBuKPhhutnn7YUo6

 

No doubt it'll all be revealed out in due course how access will be provided.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Crun said:

 

20210313_114202.jpg

 

 

I hope they install correct concrete troughing "T" pieces in the main route to the left of the left-hand UTX, and not leave it in the state it currently is.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crun said:

Views north of Cock Lane bridge. What is happening to the west of the tunnel approach? There seems to be sand and ballast in between that and the Stamford lines:

20210313_142629.jpg

 

 

They are just levelling and tidying up that area.  It will look nice with about 50 flower planters on it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

How about an access from Papyrus Road industrial estate.

A locked, gated entrance and one of those lightweight crossings used for maintenance workers.

At the other side of these shrubs is the track and on the over the track are the cabinets

https://goo.gl/maps/FTvdShUqMrXung2LA

 

you can see the relationship here:

https://goo.gl/maps/2SBuKPhhutnn7YUo6

 

No doubt it'll all be revealed out in due course how access will be provided.

No.

idea is so you don’t have to cross the line.

just put the vehicle access back to the relay room and leave room to turn round 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 40F S & T said:

Hi  Can anyone tell me if there is photos / videos of Kings Cross work? Thanks

@ECMLupgrade on Twitter is where I find photographs of the Kings Cross work.

  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 40F S & T said:

Hi  Can anyone tell me if there is photos / videos of Kings Cross work? Thanks

I was there Saturday night and there are cameras dotted around so there should be either a web feed somewhere or it will be a time lapse video when it’s finished.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, 40F S & T said:

Hi  Can anyone tell me if there is photos / videos of Kings Cross work? Thanks

 

For photos go to google and search Kings Cross Upgrade then click on Images

For video go to Youtube and put Kings Cross Upgrade in the search box.  There is quite a few videos on there.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

As we haven't much from the site for about a week I went over to the works after my visit to the dentist!

 

Starting at Cock Lane footbridge looking north towards the dive under there are some wotks going on laying the track drains. All the piles have had their shotcrete coating now and the fencing here is completed on the top of the walls along with the mesh 'debris' fencing inserts as well.

 

IMG-0097.jpg

 

The drain 'pipes' from between the piles can be seen either side as well in this shot.


IMG-0098.jpg

 

Fencing and mesh going up on top of the steel piles.

IMG-9841.jpg

 

IMG-9843.jpg

 

And the timber fence continues to be put in place on the Werrington side of the ECML.

 

IMG-9842.jpg

 

A quick shot looking north from the western ramp of the footbridge, a short section of rasiling still to complete. Note the mesh panels stacked lower right of frame.
IMG-9844.jpg

 

And just for show this passed as I was crossing back to the Werrington side of the line.

 

IMG-9845.jpg

 

Over at Davids Close the work is now down as far as the road itself along the old alignment of Lincoln Road.

 

IMG-9846.jpg

 

At the bridge end UK Power are connecting their new cables which run across the permanent bridges, it looks as if they are disconnecting the temporary feeds that rune across the Bailey Bridge.

 

IMG-9847.jpg

 

IMG-9849.jpg

 

And the manhole markers have suffered this side now!

 

IMG-9850.jpg

 

The connection of the ducting to that over the bridge can be seen here - if you can call it a connection!

 

IMG-9862.jpg

 

The brickwork on the abutments has pretty much reached the top of the new bridge section, now they need to address the flank walls.

 

IMG-9851.jpg

 

Waiting to drop it's contents below the new bridge was this - no sign of a driver though ...

 

IMG-9852.jpg

 

Same goes here for the excavator behind it.


IMG-9853.jpg

 

And on the north side of the bridges we once again see cables cut and joined.

 

IMG-9854.jpg

 

And we can follow them snaking off towards the bridges.

 

IMG-9855.jpg

 

On this side the last few courses of brickwork are going in.

 

IMG-9856.jpg

 

Under the A15 they are installing the covers on the electrical conduit.

 

IMG-9857.jpg

 

The base ballast has been compacted all the way from the A15 to the land bridge this side of the dive under.

 

IMG-9858.jpg

 

And at the bottom of the steps, to the right, this little base has appeared. I'm guessing, given its size, it is for a telephone.

 

IMG-9859.jpg
 

Mentioning the land bridge this is the best I could get with a long lens in terms of detail, sorry for the angled horizon.


IMG-0099.jpg

 

And a view west from the A15 overbridge.

 

IMG-9860.jpg

 

And east from the same bridge.

 

IMG-9861.jpg

 

And that is me done for today.

  • Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To compliment Richard's good photos today here are some from the Walton end of the large pipe that feeds into Brook Drain south.  The gang were marking out levels at the time these photos were taken.

A seven metre wide concrete slab is supposedly being put in here for access to this side of the railway.

 

DSC_1385.jpg.964159751420d9fbb7e737bd4c1f1863.jpg

 

I see there has been a name change on the building to the left which is a trampolining park.  It was previously called 'Bounce'

DSC_1386.jpg.910cc368947024f492ae82d9e23b23e9.jpg

 

DSC_1389.jpg.7fb0d1324f1c47b648b2518ea4b04921.jpg

 

DSC_1390.jpg.42370309cfb1bf9347b7d5eb017ea01e.jpg

 

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently watching a webcast about the project. One issue they had was with the tappings into the pressured aquifer below the site that used to feed the water troughs. One tapping had suffered damage so many times that working on it to plug it permanently was akin to opening a series of Russian Dolls due to pipe within pipe within pipe from successive repairs.

  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

The wooden fencing around Cock Lane footbridge does not seem to do justice to the nice green and yellow finish of the bridge.

On the left towards the first ramp we have a concoction of wooden fencing then a short section of galvanized post and rail fence (next to where the person is standing) which ties in with the yellow rails at the bottom of the ramp.

 

DSC_1394c.jpg.82fd5766459aa664c6fcc715a86ca7f2.jpg

 

The confusing layout becomes even more of a mystery.  Under the stairs section, another wooden post and rail section is being installed.  The far corner post in the centre aligns with the transition from the galvanized to wooden fencing where the person was standing in the first photo, and the posts in the foreground align with the end of the ramp platework as seen in the next photo.  We can only assume the galvanized fence will be removed, but why set back the wooden fence instead of keeping it along the edge of the footpath from the stairs entrance to the end of the ramp?

 

DSC_1397c.jpg.bca2d9386bfa1047b1f0eb170d6f6fd8.jpg

 

DSC_1399.jpg.51ac1f8f0bbf8023025d4fa38c96a72d.jpg

 

This part of the fence where there are no rails near the bottom of the stairs is to be a gate according to what Trackside ECML was told, but a gate for what and to where?  Those doing the fence didn't know.

 

DSC_1395c.jpg.5ab7ac2cb49e161191505dc7f2e00ad6.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

The wooden fencing around Cock Lane footbridge does not seem to do justice to the nice green and yellow finish of the bridge.

On the left towards the first ramp we have a concoction of wooden fencing then a short section of galvanized post and rail fence (next to where the person is standing) which ties in with the yellow rails at the bottom of the ramp.

 

DSC_1394c.jpg.82fd5766459aa664c6fcc715a86ca7f2.jpg

 

What surprises me with this fencing is the bottom rail is actually on the ground so it'll rot very quickly as it traps water and rubbish/mud.

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Crun said:

Video from Trackside ECML. Trains on the ECML - YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M7X-x2hrqw

 

 

Just watched the video and Trackside ECML and I have both caught 66564 on a northbound container train with a horrendous wheel flat on one of the wagons. Didn't realise he and I were there at the same time - again! He must have gone up the ramp as I headed down the steps and we didn't see each other ...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 16/03/2021 at 22:46, 40F S & T said:

Hi  Can anyone tell me if there is photos / videos of Kings Cross work? Thanks

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...