Bulleid Q1 (Drawing)

Hi Guys l was wondering if any of you would know where l could get a 7mm scale drawing of a bulleid Q1 0-6-0 tender loco, as l would really like to scratch build one..

Edited by georgeT

There are certainly plenty of 4mm ones out there, perhaps someone could suggest the most accurate for your purposes and get it professionally (if necessary) enlarged to 7 mm scale.

For once Railway Modeller (unless after 2013) has no plans  Model Trains May 82 . Scale Model Trains Oct 84 (3.5 mm scale) Modelling Railways Illustrated Jan 95

Russels Illustrated SR Locos

I think Ian Beattie and CJ Freezer both did books with 4 mm scale drawings in

• 9 months later...

Has anyone got any good drawings /pictures of the Q1 tender, please, especially the front (inside the cab) showing coal space and tool boxes. All the drawings I have found ignore the tender apart from a side view.  Also looking for cab fittings.

Has anyone got any good drawings /pictures of the Q1 tender, please, especially the front (inside the cab) showing coal space and tool boxes. All the drawings I have found ignore the tender apart from a side view.  Also looking for cab fittings.

Cab fittings: http://ftp.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=94631 (The Q1 is at the bottom of the page)

Tender details: http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=38410

Locomotive details: http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=38409

There was a 7mm drawing in Model Railways Illustrated, January 1995.

• 1 year later...

Had a similar request a few days ago (different sheds).

According to the book "The Story of the Q1!s" the Gillingham sheds had 26, 27 and 28. All were there in 1950 and or 1951.

The book is by John Scott Morgan with with KRB Publications.

Hope this helps.

Eddie

Had a similar request a few days ago (different sheds).

According to the book "The Story of the Q1!s" the Gillingham sheds had 26, 27 and 28. All were there in 1950 and or 1951.

The book is by John Scott Morgan with with KRB Publications.

Hope this helps.

Eddie

Thanks Eddie.

Paul.

• 3 years later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 17/04/2016 at 21:30, georgeT said:

Hi Guys l was wondering if any of you would know where l could get a 7mm scale drawing of a bulleid Q1 0-6-0 tender loco, as l would really like to scratch build one..

Hi George, did you ever get a drawing? I have a little project refining a rough scratch built O gauge version - including converting a Lima 4F tender!