DJModels N Gauge Mermaid EP1 sample

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Great looking wagon but a couple of things could do with improving if it's not too late.

The brake blocks sit far too far from the wheels. Can they be moved closer? Alternatively how easy would it be to remove them and re-glue closer fitting?

Secondly, and perhaps easier to fix is the coupling. They look really droopy, and may catch on point work. The coupling gap between wagons looks huge. Can the shank be shortened? Having te rear of the coupler body in line with the buffers workday well in my experience.

They also need to be a bit more careful when fitting the brake levers. The Dutch one looks a mess, but the others arr fine.

I'm looking forward to replacing my ISM versions when these become available. Any news on the other wagons you're working on?

Happy modelling.

Steven B

Hi Steven,

Duly noted and will be actioned on if possible

I'm also lowering the body height slightly as it sits 1/4mm too high.

The coupler droop on 1 was because of a misscoupling when putting 2 together that I didn't spot in my rush, but I'll take a look and remedy where I can.

Agreed with the coupling length and will look at that although shorter ones are available from third parties.

As for other wagons....shark is ready to go, as is another one (not saying which at the moment) and I'm working on a few others clouding 2 up to date wagons too.

However, working on them and getting them out are 2 different things and this brexit malarkey has stabbed into my reserves with exchange rates somewhat. Having said that the J94's are doing what I needed them to do, and that was to release funds for the N gauge announced to date so hopefully by January I should have 2 loco's in N plus both 92's progressing nicely (the latter being the subject to separate crowdfunding). So although I thought pre brexit things were looking up, the plans were hit and they are still looking up, only not so high, if that makes any sense? Lol

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

I notice that you are not offering any BR-built versions in Black livery with straw lettering. Will this combination be available later?

If David Larkin's book (Civil Engineers Wagons Volume 1) is correct then the two that you are offering in Indian Red were actually delivered in black/straw and it was wagons from the two later batches that were delivered in Indian Red.

I will be purchasing the Indian Red wagons but as I already have black liveried Dapol Dogfish & Grampus then I would ideally like to have some BR-built wagons in black livery as well.

David

Hi Dave

I notice that you are not offering any BR-built versions in Black livery with straw lettering. Will this combination be available later?

If David Larkin's book (Civil Engineers Wagons Volume 1) is correct then the two that you are offering in Indian Red were actually delivered in black/straw and it was wagons from the two later batches that were delivered in Indian Red.

I will be purchasing the Indian Red wagons but as I already have black liveried Dapol Dogfish & Grampus then I would ideally like to have some BR-built wagons in black livery as well.

David

Hi David,

Yes I'll be offering BR Black with straw, as possibly part of a second run.

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

looking good  and better to read on progress on N locos - looking forward to class 17 and 23 if logs on the move after previous jam!

Robert

Sent 4 mermaids to Carl for use on Vale of Oxbury at Warley in a few weeks.

Logs moving nicely, and I'm rather surprised at what other avenues have recently opened up for collaboration and totally new models.

Might even get to mention them in the January 2017 PDF 'catalogue' if things go this swimmingly.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I can confirm that Carl has received the painted samples and will be running them on Vale of Oxbury at Warley this weekend, pop by and have a look.

For those interested in the engineers grey / yellow version please pop along to Kernow's stand as he will have one of those on display for you to examine / look at etc etc.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Have you thought about sending a sample to the N Gauge Society Trade Liaison Officer for it to be reviewed and featured in the N Gauge Journal? That would probably reach more N gauge enthusiasts than any of the commercial multi-scale magazines.

G.

Hallo,

looking forward to this very much. What is the planned release date? I expect 2017, but which Q?

Thanks

es grüßt

pc

Hi,

I'm hoping i can get them made before CNY so i'd say first quarter, and at worst 2nd quarter. the delay is purely finding a slot available for production within the factory. Sometimes these can come available early, but it depends on work flow / production.

cheers

Dave

• Like 1

sorry, being thick, CNY? Christmas and New Year?

Simon

Chinese New Year  -the whole of Chinese industry shuts down for the holidays then has problems restarting as workers who went home to the other end of China decide they are now rich enough not to bother coming back for the following season.

Les

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David,

It's a different factory and although they aren't as yet (as of the start of this week) having the problems to such a great extent, they do expect word to get round and the issue to snowball (excuse the festive reference lol)

I am hoping 2 batches.....the first towards the end of feb the following month for batch 2

Batch 1 will be olive green and gulf red, batch 2 will be black and Dutch.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi David,

It's a different factory and although they aren't as yet (as of the start of this week) having the problems to such a great extent, they do expect word to get round and the issue to snowball (excuse the festive reference lol)

I am hoping 2 batches.....the first towards the end of feb the following month for batch 2

Batch 1 will be olive green and gulf red, batch 2 will be black and Dutch.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, will the four different numbered olive green Mermaids be released at the same time? regards Robert.

now wehasn't n to March, any update to the delivery of the batches?

Yes, that would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

When I have some free from exhibition use that's something I will be doing, to all (hopefully) the press.

And is there any progress on this? The NGS trade chap hasn't yet received one to review. It would be great to get them featured in Journal 3/17 (2/17 is currently at the printers) as it probably hits more N gauge enthusiasts than any of the commercial monthlies.

G.