Bachmann FNA Nuclear Flask Wagons Warning Signs

Hi All,

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the Atomic Energy Authority for what I'm about to ask, but has anyone had a go at producing the warning signs on these wagons for those Bachmann produced without them? I've got two, one with and one without and want to get at least a couple more. I presume Bachmann were not allowed to reproduce these signs on their later releases because of a ruling on their use by the AEA. There are plenty of images of these signs on the Internet and I've thought about seeing if I can manipulate some of them and produce something on my printer.

Any thoughts or ideas please?

Regards,

Mark

Hi Steve,

The signs I'm referring to are the yellow hazardous materials warning signs that are found on the flask itself and on the wagon indicating the fact that there is nuclear material being handled. The two FNAs I have differ in that one of them has these warning signs, but on the other they are not present at all on the flask, and at the location they should be on the wagon itself, there are spaces that have been painted black.

Thanks for the heads-up about Fox doing these, I'll check with them.

Regards,

Mark

Just had a look at the Fox Transfers sheet, the HazMat signs are not on there either.

If you google "Hazmat signs" then you should be able to find an image of the sign you need, they are standardised logo's the world over, they aren't "secret". (Not sure what the point of a safety sign that nobody was allowed to know the meaning of would be!?)

For instance: http://www.safetysign.com/hazmat-placards

I **believe** the black diamonds represent the back of the placard diamonds, which get turned around when the vehicle isn't carrying hazardous waste.

If you look here, there are a mix of ones with the placard holders having a black plate installed, and the placard holders having the nuclear hazmat diamonds installed.
https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/F/FNA-Flask-carriers/

If so, an alternative would be to paint the others black, or run them in opposite directions! ;)

Hi Glorious NSE or is it Martyn?

Thanks very much for the information, it's most helpful. I've already been on the safety signs site and copied and sized some of the signs. I just need to buy some decal film I can use on my injet printer.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mark

Archived