Bala Exhibition Bala Gwynedd

gismorail

Bala, Gwynedd.

May 28th / 29th & 30th 

Organiser: Bala Lake Railway 

Venue: Ysgol Y Berwyn Secondary School, Bala, Gwynedd LL23 7RU (on A4212) 

Free vintage routemaster bus service connecting venue with Bala Lake Railway's Bala Station 

Opening times: Saturday  11.30 - 1700

Sunday    10.30 - 17.00

Monday    10.30 - 16-00

Admission :      Adults £4 accompanied children free

Amenities :       Refreshments - disabled access - car parking.

Features :         

Layouts in various scales and gauges, many with a local flavour. Trade stands. On 29th & 30th the Bala Lake Festival of Transport featuring vintage and classic vehicle is on next to the railways Llanuwchllyn station (separate event) 

info@bala-lake-railway.co.uk

www.bala-lake-railway.co.uk 

Just to let people on RM Web know about this new show in the North Wales area. Chester Nortgate 6D will be attending and once I get further information I will post on this thread. 

Just a quick update on the above show. I have had confirmation from David Jones the General Manager of the Bala Lake Railway of the following confirmed layouts and Traders.

So far confirmed are the following layouts:

Melin Llechi          16mm SM32

Afon Adit               ‘0’-9

Matthew’s Yard    ‘0’

Beaumont Ville     ‘00’

Pen y Graig             5.5mm scale / 12mm gauge

Porth Kernow        ‘N’

Roche Junction      G Scale

Dalton Le Dale       ‘00’

Gorne and Dunette  On30

Cwmbach                P4

Chester Northgate Shed  ‘00’

Dogfriol                    009

Schmal                     ‘H0’

Walt’s Playmobile

+1 to confirm

Traders / Societies

John Sutton             Books

Andrew Neale         Books

Ffestiniog Railway  Models / DVDs / Promotion

Abc model railways  Models

Corris Rly Soc          2nd hand models / railway items

Maid Marian Fund   Fundraising

Blackham Transfers  Transfers

Seems to be a good mixture of Layouts considering that this is the first time the Railway have put on a show such as this . If you are in the area or are visiting that weekend please support this event, as the North Wales area is not region that has many shows and it would be good to see this become a regular yearly exhibition. I believe that the Transport Festival is well worth a visit in itself followed a train ride along the lake and a vintage bus ride to the show. 

• 4 weeks later...

We will be there with Gorne and Dunette. Colorado narrow guage in 0n30. Layout and stock have just been given a good check over ready for loading.

Sounds good be nice to meet up with you and hopefully have a good show . Still doing some final finishing touches to Chester Northgate shed (6D) Should start to dismantle it on Thursday ready for transportation Friday late afternoon 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if it's on. Anybody know further details ?

I have received the following information from David Jones who is organising the 2017 Bala Exhibition:

Rail Gala & Model Railway Exhibition Sat 27th May (10:30 to 17:00) & Sun 28th May (10:30 to 16:00) 2017; Admission Adults £4, Concessions £3

Venue: Ysgol Y Berwyn Secondary School, on the A4212, Bala, Gwynedd LL23 7RU

A free vintage shuttle bus will be available to/from Bala to the 9 mile narrow gauge steam railway to Llanuwchllyn. Under separate organisers there is a Festival of Transport there also (vintage vehicles etc separate entrance fee applies). So park either end of the railway, ride the steam train by the lake between each venue for a great family/enthusiasts' day out! 

Layouts Attending:

Llangollen in N gauge (yours truly travelling from Ireland)

Two Bridges "OO"

Plas Edwards Shed compact "O" gauge

Cwmbach "P4"

Haland "OO"

Trix Twin Mk4 "hO"

Cobra Canyon "N"

Krimhorn "OO9"

Triang Big Big Train

Walt's Playmobile

Underhill Town "OO9"

Altbahn "HO"

Traders etc

Abc Models

John Sutton Books & Narrow gauge models

Ffestiniog Railway Models/DVDs/Promotion

Corris Railway Society 2nd hand models/items

Maid Marian Fundraising

Blackham Transfers

• RMweb Gold

I have received the following information from David Jones who is organising the 2017 Bala Exhibition:

Rail Gala & Model Railway Exhibition Sat 27th May (10:30 to 17:00) & Sun 28th May (10:30 to 16:00) 2017; Admission Adults £4, Concessions £3

Venue: Ysgol Y Berwyn Secondary School, on the A4212, Bala, Gwynedd LL23 7RU

A free vintage shuttle bus will be available to/from Bala to the 9 mile narrow gauge steam railway to Llanuwchllyn. Under separate organisers there is a Festival of Transport there also (vintage vehicles etc separate entrance fee applies). So park either end of the railway, ride the steam train by the lake between each venue for a great family/enthusiasts' day out! 

Layouts Attending:

Llangollen in N gauge (yours truly travelling from Ireland)

Two Bridges "OO"

Plas Edwards Shed compact "O" gauge

Cwmbach "P4"

Haland "OO"

Trix Twin Mk4 "hO"

Cobra Canyon "N"

Krimhorn "OO9"

Triang Big Big Train

Walt's Playmobile

Underhill Town "OO9"

Altbahn "HO"

Traders etc

Abc Models

John Sutton Books & Narrow gauge models

Ffestiniog Railway Models/DVDs/Promotion

Corris Railway Society 2nd hand models/items

Maid Marian Fundraising

Blackham Transfers

Surely that should be 9 mile round trip on the railway?

• 2 weeks later...

A great time was had by all at the Bala Exhibition 2017. Attached photo is of my wife, self and John Roberts (a distinguished local man who worked extensively on the Llangollen line up to its closure) next to the Llangollen in N display.

post-23130-0-34319300-1496168059_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Julian Birley for the photo and all at the Bala Show for the warm welcome.

Edited by Irishrailwaymodeller

• RMweb Gold

I passed through Bala at 08:00 on Sunday morning en route to llwyngwril to pick up some furniture from my mums house and I remarked to my dad we would call in to the exhibition on the way back but we somehow got a spurt on and ended up passing back through bala at 09:30 before the show started and didn't end up stopping, shame as I would have also liked to see how my old high school looked now 25 years after I left!

A great time was had by all at the Bala Exhibition 2017. Attached photo is of my wife, self and John Roberts (a distinguished local man who worked extensively on the Llangollen line up to its closure) next to the Llangollen in N display.

attachicon.gifBala Exhibition 2017.jpg

John Roberts is a real gentleman who I feel lucky enough to call a friend. Both he and Martin Williamson have been a great help in my research for building Cwm Prysor, on the Bala-Blaenau Ffestiniog Branch. I'm hoping to take Cwm Prysor to the show next year.

John Roberts is a real gentleman who I feel lucky enough to call a friend. Both he and Martin Williamson have been a great help in my research for building Cwm Prysor, on the Bala-Blaenau Ffestiniog Branch. I'm hoping to take Cwm Prysor to the show next year.

That's great 9793- I will be bringing my Cynwyd in N-gauge layout next year so we will have the local lines well represented! Conversations at this years show indicated that Cynwyd is pronounced as Kin-uid.

Are you posting pictures of progress with your Cwm Prysor layout on RMWeb?

Edited by Irishrailwaymodeller

That's great 9793- I will be bringing my Cynwyd in N-gauge layout next year so we will have the local lines well represented! Conversations at this years show indicated that Cynwyd is pronounced as Kin-uid.

Are you posting pictures of progress with your Cwm Prysor layout on RMWeb?

Nothing on RMweb, some on my blog

https://tfmodelling.wordpress.com

I'm about to start scenic work. :)

post-24300-0-11102800-1496240235_thumb.jpg

post-24300-0-70856100-1496240266_thumb.jpg

Hi Gerry it was good to meet up on Sunday so glad you enjoyed the show. Great that your going to do a repeat visit next year and hopefully I will have something to exhibit myself. Hopefully with the continued support for this show it will grow as things develop with the Bala Railway and it's goal to reach the town .Sorry I had to dash off but had the family in tow and the grand children wanting to visit the lake for a paddle.....oh what it is to be young  :O

I passed through Bala at 08:00 on Sunday morning en route to llwyngwril to pick up some furniture from my mums house and I remarked to my dad we would call in to the exhibition on the way back but we somehow got a spurt on and ended up passing back through bala at 09:30 before the show started and didn't end up stopping, shame as I would have also liked to see how my old high school looked now 25 years after I left!

You would have had a shock Jim the place is going through a major refit / upgrade .......probably from all the damage you caused when you were there as a 'Yam Yam' in exile  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

You would have had a shock Jim the place is going through a major refit / upgrade .......probably from all the damage you caused when you were there as a 'Yam Yam' in exile  :jester:

im no yam yam, welsh born and bred me!

Looking good - I like the headboard! Hopefully will see it at Bala next year.

Thank you

Focus now is getting finished. Dry stone walling is next, and I'm expecting the laser cut structures at the end of the month.