Heaton Lodge Junction

• RMweb Gold
On 21/01/2020 at 19:37, HeatonLodge40 said:

You are quite right Andrew a 121 was used for drivers learning the route back then.
Heres a poor quality pic of one ascending the dive under line from Huddersfield heading towards Leeds in 1979.

Perfect excuse to run the forthcoming model from Heljan in fact.

General update in the next couple days by the way

1DCD1DCE-72A7-43F3-A8D6-9841F9D71A54.png

21 hours ago, BR Blue said:

. I see some side windows seem to have been painted over so this might help identify it. I have tried unsuccessfully.

That looks to me like TDB975309 (ex-55008) pictured here at York in 1977

https://www.railcar.co.uk/images/7594

It was in a sort of olive livery, a bit like a dirty army lorry. The destination boxes were removed and the reporting number blinds plated over.

It was also pictured at Huddersfield station in 1979

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

48 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Blimey Einstein's,,,,,, I have trouble working out how many tiles I need to do the bathroom .....:paint:

The house next door is the same size as mine. My neighbour came round to ask how many rolls of wallpaper I bought to decorate the lounge, so I told him; five. Next week he came back to complain that when he had finished he had one roll of wallpaper left over, which is funny because so did I.

Geoff Endacott (with apologies to Jimmy Cricket)

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, jcarta said:

Blimey Einstein's,,,,,, I have trouble working out how many tiles I need to do the bathroom .....:paint:

12 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

That's easy. One box more than you bought.

My tiling calculations are a moving feast, out of the last 4 I've done, 2 have been over and 2 have been under.

I'm seriously considering a new interior design fashion of random mixed tiling, saves a lot of hassle!

Mike.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Geoff Endacott said:

The house next door is the same size as mine. My neighbour came round to ask how many rolls of wallpaper I bought to decorate the lounge, so I told him; five. Next week he came back to complain that when he had finished he had one roll of wallpaper left over, which is funny because so did I.

Geoff Endacott (with apologies to Jimmy Cricket)

, and the 2 Ronnies before that, and so on and so on!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

3 hours ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

All I can tell you is I’ve used 112 Kilos since I started. 
Should have gone straight to a quarry 

So if manual handling regulations restrict a person to lifting a maximum of 25kg then you'll need five people just to carry the ballast when you're setting up the layout at a show!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

On another note I’m going to need the help of a fabricator/fabrication company soon to construct a minimum of 25 handcarts to carry the majority of HLJ onto the 3 artics used to transport it.

These will have to be bespoke ie two decks, the top deck removable to carry 2 frames at a time. T bar handle, steerable front rubber wheels you get the drift.

If anyone is a fabricator or owns a fabrication company who’d consider this job I’d be very pleased to hear from you. Thanks. Simon 

On 24/01/2020 at 19:34, HeatonLodge40 said:

On another note I’m going to need the help of a fabricator/fabrication company soon to construct a minimum of 25 handcarts to carry the majority of HLJ onto the 3 artics used to transport it.

These will have to be bespoke ie two decks, the top deck removable to carry 2 frames at a time. T bar handle, steerable front rubber wheels you get the drift.

If anyone is a fabricator or owns a fabrication company who’d consider this job I’d be very pleased to hear from you. Thanks. Simon 

Simon Oldroyd is a good lad - does all our fabrication to a very high standard - and local to you:  http://roundingfabs.co.uk/

Edited by AndrewT
Spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Shouldn't you be using Brutes?

(Easy to move more than one at once, easily adapted to support multiple boards with space underneath for trestles, would look superb being driven into the NEC hall)

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 6
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

I like the frosty effect on Carlos Fandango's Capri windscreen.... but it obscures the fluffy dice!

Will it have a motor underneath to rock it on its springs?

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
On 24/01/2020 at 19:34, HeatonLodge40 said:

You surprise me.

If using an artic trailer for transport, surely you can get more than two modules per carrying "handcarts". Or is the issue getting them out from the cellar via a lift?

You might think about designing the T-bar handle so that it can attach to one of those gizmos that people attach to the jockey-wheel of a caravan.