Heaton Lodge Junction

8 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

You surprise me.

If using an artic trailer for transport, surely you can get more than two modules per carrying "handcarts". Or is the issue getting them out from the cellar via a lift?

You might think about designing the T-bar handle so that it can attach to one of those gizmos that people attach to the jockey-wheel of a caravan.

Each frame takes two people to lift -they are heavy. Two on a handcart with rubber pneumatic wheels needs two people to push and pull.

The T bar handle attaches to the front axle which is steerable. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

Had to cut down work on HLJ to just 4 hours a day recently, the rest been spent on the sofa recovering from a heavy cold

The 'lurgi' seems to have stuck down quite a few on the site in recent weeks. A lot on Early Risers seem to have been suffering, was chatting to ChrisF at lunch time and he is just recovering from a bout.  I was up and down for about five weeks and am positively knackered after visiting Doncaster show today. 

9 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

The 'lurgi' seems to have stuck down quite a few on the site in recent weeks. A lot on Early Risers seem to have been suffering, was chatting to ChrisF at lunch time and he is just recovering from a bout.  I was up and down for about five weeks and am positively knackered after visiting Doncaster show today. 

Least it’s not Corona virus!

I had a message from my ex who lives in Dubai asking if it was in the UK..

I replied that it only affects people who drink Corona beer.

She replied and said they don’t drink that over there so thought she’d be ok :) 

• Like 3
  • Funny 11

Looks fab! 
Only issue with kitbuilt stuff on HLJ is they are rarely heavy enough to pull anything longer than 6/7 coaches or 15 wagons, even with lead weights inside.
So going forward both the kitbuilt 56’s (56074 & 09) will usually be seen running together pulling a heavy (40 +) MGR train.

With their diecast chassis the Heljan’s on the other hand will romp away with 40 on their own.

I’m almost done on the west end curves now, next week it’s back to proper modelling.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

Looks fab! 
Only issue with kitbuilt stuff on HLJ is they are rarely heavy enough to pull anything longer than 6/7 coaches or 15 wagons, even with lead weights inside.
So going forward both the kitbuilt 56’s (56074 & 09) will usually be seen running together pulling a heavy (40 +) MGR train.

With their diecast chassis the Heljan’s on the other hand will romp away with 40 on their own.

I’m almost done on the west end curves now, next week it’s back to proper modelling.

Hi

Cracking looking beast.

What motors (how many motors) and gearsets/boxes are fitted to it? Is it all wheel drive?

It is true to say that some brass and resin kits need extra weight, but they should be on a par with RTR.

Regards,

CME