Heaton Lodge Junction

49 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Could've been worse...

It is worse. There’s lots of ‘F off’ on there. I did think of using the airbrush to replicate it but thought best not.

Speaking to a train driver recently who often uses the route he said the dive under is known as the ‘F off’ bridge for this reason 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 7

2 hours ago, Softvark said:

Spectacular modelling as always, Simon.

Just going back a bit - please could you let me know where you got the decals for the propane gas cylinders?

I had to have the Calor logos made. Most transfer companies like Railtec for example will make bespoke ones 

• RMweb Premium

Good evening Simon.   I know that your layout is set somewhere near 1980.   By sheer chance I was scanning some negatives today as it was my eldest's 40th and I wanted a picture to embarrass him.   (Aren't parents wonderful)  On the first strip of negatives that I scanned these two pictures appeared.   Taken at the west end of Batley viaduct on Monday 21st April 1980.   I hope they are of some interest to you.

Martin008.jpg.2f2030c30f48a7f38f695605dbaf9954.jpg

Martin009.jpg.aea486709447b1a4a72ee7fe4165eed4.jpg

I think that I was standing on the trackbed of the old GN line.  The state of the 47 might be of interest.  I was amusing myself whilst my wife was having an ante natal check up.   the young man was born on the early hours of the Wednesday morning.  I know I've got some photos of freights at Heaton Lodge somewhere and will post them if they turn up.

Jamie

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

Thanks to Ben Jones at Heljan who tipped me off, I managed to buy this photo of Heaton Lodge Junction.

Its unusual as it shows the signal box and semaphores which all went in early 1970.

And of course a Class 50 which I’ve never seen a picture of at this location. I know they often did Settle/Carlisle runs before being transferred to the western region. 
So I’m guessing this must be ‘69 early 1970.

3AA735CC-2E00-48FC-A4F4-23303768A0B7.jpeg

They spent most of their time on the West Coast Main Line until the full electrification in 74. However the first 4 or 5 did tests from Crewe up to Carlisle over the S&C with a 20 coach test train when they were first built. That must have been about 67/68 as steam was still around.

Edited by jamie92208
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, APOLLO said:

is the class 50 hauling those 100 ton tank wagons seen on the left ? Wonder what the working was - ex Cadishead / Stanlow ?

Brit15

Ellesmere Port to Charington Hargreaves oil terminal at Liversedge Spen perhaps?

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1