Heaton Lodge Junction

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Dave Holt said:

Only if the stock has LNER or Pullman type gangways, having a central buffing block and retracted side buffers. Stock using normal, scissors or suspended type gangways should have the buffers touching, as should stock to loco.

Dave.

Yes, excuse my shorthand. I was referring to the BR Mk 1 stock in the video.

• Like 1

I’m well aware of the coupling issue thanks. Give me a chance!

Im modifying the GUV coupling by unscrewing the coupling housing and dropping a blob of hot glue half way along the spring - which cuts the spring travel by 50%. Crude but it works 

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Never seen Tetris played with layout boards! Hope all goes well with preparations Simon, looking forward to seeing it on show and seeing the culmination of all your hard work.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Wakefield - I will definitely be there. Can't wait.

I hope to meet you, and the team(?).

I'll bring a couple of Fanta's, a curly-wurly, and a bag of salt-n-shake crisps.

(I will have eaten the sandwiches on the the way there though!)

Kev.

• Like 2

For those who have not been there are plenty of decent real ale bars in Wakefield.

Travellers arriving by train can get the free city bus from either Kirkgate or Westgate to the bus station.  The market is next to the bus station and it can be accessed without crossing a road.

Walking to/from Kirkgate Fernandes and Wetherspoons are en route.

Walking from/to Westgate you are near to many bars including the Hop.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, AMJ said:

For those who have not been there are plenty of decent real ale bars in Wakefield.

Travellers arriving by train can get the free city bus from either Kirkgate or Westgate to the bus station.  The market is next to the bus station and it can be accessed without crossing a road.

Walking to/from Kirkgate Fernandes and Wetherspoons are en route.

Walking from/to Westgate you are near to many bars including the Hop.

Doesn't the free bus drop you off at the pubs en-route? hehehehe :D:D:D:drink_mini::drink_mini:

• Funny 3

Seriously. A fiver?????? 

I paid more  than that for some seriously underwhelming shows 20 odd years ago. 

Obviously as a Yorkshireman, I am as tight as the proverbial, but.... 

I can see me having 20 quidsworth at least if work permits! 

Best of luck with the venture Simon, I've been looking forward to this! 

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

On 29/09/2021 at 08:28, HeatonLodge40 said:

Here is a copy of the advert appearing in most of the modelling press in November..

C919E55A-6258-449B-8D6A-5173204AA09D.png

Not being pedantic - but an original liveried HST is hardly representative of this magnificent model...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

8 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

Not being pedantic - but an original liveried HST is hardly representative of this magnificent model...

I agree, but its a train/loco that a lot of younger folk can still recognise and pester Mum/Dad to take them. 

Smart marketing I reckon. 

I'd prefer a nice Coal sector 60 oe summat but.... 

Or GT3, or..... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I agree a HST to the general public is something they can relate to, a class 20, 37 or whatever loco is your favourite will likely be relevant to a train fan.

I think Simon is marketing HLJ to not just train and model fans, this is to be an attraction for all, of any age  and irrespective of if you are a modeller or spotter.

I agree clever icon used

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

I agree , I thought the whole vision of the layout was not to appeal to us nerds ( who are automatically aroused by it ) but enthuse the general public - a lot of folk will know what that train is , in the same way the privatised railway kept the arrows of indecision as a station sign as its instantly recognisable 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4