Heaton Lodge Junction

19 hours ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

Yes I chose the HST logo for the reasons Rob & MGRxtreme said above - even the public know what it is. 
Steam loco no good cos there is far more diesel on HLJ. 
Personally I’d have had a screaming 56! 

Now a diverted HST (did happen) and a pair of screaming Paxman Valenta's restarting from a red signal would be something to behold - especially with a clag-generator on the exhausts! 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, ferret1956 said:

The weirdest thing I ever saw was a brand new gleaming blue electric, prob an AL6/86 being towed westbound through Mirfield by an incredibly filthy and clanky (even by their standards) 2-8-0 "Aussie". 

Between August 1965 and March 1966 E3101 - E3140 crossed the Pennines from Doncaster to the ECML.  I'm not sure what routes they took but via Huddersfield would not surprise me.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 06/10/2021 at 18:25, TheSignalEngineer said:

Between August 1965 and March 1966 E3101 - E3140 crossed the Pennines from Doncaster to the ECML.  I'm not sure what routes they took but via Huddersfield would not surprise me.

AC Electrics to Doncaster were normally taken via Woodhead hauled by Class 76 locomotives.

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

So this is where the the reassembly starts. 
Fortunately I’ve a friend with me whose a mathematical genius..

This first board has to be an exact distance from two walls and aligned to an angle that is also pre calculated..(see second pic with laser measure on a jig).

The big issue is if this isn’t done meticulously, then if all the 50 frames down one side (as they are being joined)  are as much as 1mm out then the curves joining both the scenic and fiddle yard won’t meet up. And you can’t shift 6 tons of layout easily ..

There are the types of things us minions would never have even contemplated!!!! Those flight cases are getting me excited to be back on the road with my PF tribute band next year!!!! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ianLMS said:

There are the types of things us minions would never have even contemplated!!!! Those flight cases are getting me excited to be back on the road with my PF tribute band next year!!!! 

Hmmm. A Vox AC 50 in each and the Dead's Wall of Sound would start to look a bit tame!

Wouldn't mind an hour in that empty basement with a cranked Marshall (or 5) though!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

I know what you mean about flight cases they are brilliant!

I’ll probably put dividers in them and use them for the freight stock. 
Locos will be going in the flight cases with drawers. Other drawers will be for a full set of spares/track repair/scenic repair/track cleaning etc 

• Like 10

18 hours ago, ferret1956 said:

Hmmm. A Vox AC 50 in each and the Dead's Wall of Sound would start to look a bit tame!

Wouldn't mind an hour in that empty basement with a cranked Marshall (or 5) though!

I was thinking the same thing! I've seen well known touring bands with smaller set ups!

Regards 

Guy

• Agree 2

Going to be on telly next week I believe.  Hopefully I'll be well enough to be able to leave the house and get to the market hall by early December.  100 yard walk to the bus stop, 100 yard (or less) from bus station into the hall.  Can't get much handier than that!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 06/10/2021 at 16:39, AndrewT said:

Now a diverted HST (did happen) and a pair of screaming Paxman Valenta's restarting from a red signal would be something to behold - especially with a clag-generator on the exhausts! 

Not in the right era xc trains ran ecs from Neville hill to Manchester pic for Manchester to Cornwall summer trains

7 hours ago, Crepello said:

Just wondering if advance tickets will be available. I'll be travelling from London and don't want to be disappointed. 

Yes from tomorrow when the website goes live you should be able to buy an eTicket on britainsbiggestmodelrailway.com 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bradfordbuffer said:

170 ft of 0 gauge.....you won't be disappointed....have you seen pictures on line...(ps I know what you are asking)

But imagine how impressive a layout this size but using N scale track and stock, it would cover half of West Yorkshire.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3