Heaton Lodge Junction

• 2 weeks later...

There is an article in the current Modeller which says "the council will also be running a 'road train' over the three weekends of the event to pick up passengers from Westgate section and the local shopping centre" this is a direct quote from the article, i dont know what a "Westgate section" is, suppose it's supposed to be station. No idea why "local shopping centre"?, if it means Trinity walk then thats literally just across the road, The Ridings isnt far away either. Kirkgate station is not mentioned at all which is kind of funilly ironic since its on the same line as the model

3 hours ago, sir douglas said:

There is an article in the current Modeller which says "the council will also be running a 'road train' over the three weekends of the event to pick up passengers from Westgate section and the local shopping centre" this is a direct quote from the article, i dont know what a "Westgate section" is, suppose it's supposed to be station. No idea why "local shopping centre"?, if it means Trinity walk then thats literally just across the road, The Ridings isnt far away either. Kirkgate station is not mentioned at all which is kind of funilly ironic since its on the same line as the model

Some one mention train! The 'bashers' will be out in force......my Lords!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, sir douglas said:

Westgate station on the Leeds to Doncaster line.. kirgate is on Normanton to Barnsley/ huddersfield line both served by direct trains from Leeds area

Yes what the local council say and what they do are two different things. 

Might be worth mentioning to those of you you who are planning to come along - there isn’t any catering but plenty of coffee shops within 100yds.

Council are very keen to get a ‘throughput’ of people which I somehow doubt will happen.

West Section is a typo in the local paper - yes meant to say Westgate Station 

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

11 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Watch your back lifting that lot Simon! 

I’m pushing it Andy, it’s got wheels! 

Meant to say ..The new Heljan 73 will be making a debut as will the 56 (pulling a huge MGR train).  
An outrageously loud Class 55 ‘Alycidon’ will be on a special with double headed ‘50’s on another 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

Lots of activity as HLJ gets packed up. Some very late nights ahead! 
Locos are going in these flight case trunk drawers, can you spot the odd one out? 

6153A523-BF38-4A5D-8A04-6271ACC6C440.png

I can see a really useful blue engine.... And Thomas! 

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Lots of activity as HLJ gets packed up. Some very late nights ahead! 
Locos are going in these flight case trunk drawers, can you spot the odd one out? 

6153A523-BF38-4A5D-8A04-6271ACC6C440.png

Four are really useful engines.

The other one is a d*lt*c.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 20/11/2021 at 23:31, bradfordbuffer said:

Sorry miss read your post...I presume you where commenting on some one else's typos!....just trying to be nice and helpful....not my usual style but hayho

Sometimes you even get thanked...but not always....

Many years ago, the family and I arrived at Gatwick, our luggage did not.  Fortunately MrsD had the car keys, and we reported the issue, and drove home.  The luggage was dropped off the following day, and on the Monday, I flew from Gatwick to Pisa for work, returning on Thursday or Friday, through the same terminal.

As I was passing, I wandered over to the lost luggage desk inside the customs hall, and thanked the bloke for the rapid solution of our lost luggage the previous weekend.  The conversation went something like this;

”can I help you ?”

”I just wanted to say thanks for getting our luggage back to us so quickly last weekend”

”you what?”

”thanks for…”

” ‘ere, Bert, there’s some geezer out ‘ere saying’ thanks”

”WOT?”

” ‘e’s saying “thanks”!”

” Bloody hell”

”cheers mate, no one has ever said thanks before”

”oh, well, err,  ta ta, then”

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

The 44 carts are beginning to form a queue for the trucks tomorrow..

I haven’t forgotten to prioritise the loading order 

41503D15-FC0C-4C41-82A3-34CDE005CA24.jpeg

4B3ECE3C-47E3-4561-A1AE-B7557E85F54B.jpeg

And I used to worry about four 5x3s in a Transit.... Glad the tea's packed though. Priorities! 

5 hours ago, Crepello said:

Despite Bradford Buffer's comment, I can't wait to see (and hear!) 55009. I'll have to get Andy to think about a thumbs-down thingemmybob!

Err not my comment on deltic! Read WHO posts...I like anything banger blue! Even southern shandy drinkers units!

• Like 3
  • Funny 2