Heaton Lodge Junction

9 hours ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

Ah sorry I’ll try again..

Hi Simon,

not sure if you're aware but 2 or 3 of your posted videos have some serious image instability at various points. Pulsating or wavering effects. Comes then slowly goes.

trim 7605C755 D8D6 41A4 B69B 5BEFFABB946A  between 20-40secs is the worst section

trim AFD9229D 17A5 43F4 8BDF F7079BBA2C6E from 1min on

I checked a downloaded version and it's the same so not a result of my watching on-line. I'm wondering if these are artifacts caused during uploading?

Pity because otherwise they're great stuff,

Colin

• Like 1

On 29/02/2020 at 18:59, HeatonLodge40 said:

And 80ft in the other direction the feathers now light when the points are set correctly 9451C49F-CF02-43A6-A86E-16E849A15A14.png.fe5e8a5bb7df21b0acb2abf9866a49e4.png

The approaching train looks very close to the junction, is it actually standing behind the protecting signal? If so there is a very substandard overlap.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Grovenor said:

The approaching train looks very close to the junction, is it actually standing behind the protecting signal? If so there is a very substandard overlap.

Yes the protecting signal is 30ft further back. 
This is a photo of the other gantry signal simply to show it working. The train just happens to be standing there 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 hours ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

This is a photo of the other gantry signal simply to show it working. The train just happens to be standing there 

So the track circuits don't  work yet?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

Who knows if that's 30 scale feet or 30 real feet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Who knows if that's 30 scale feet or 30 real feet?

30 real feet. 

The next picture I may put up will be more signals - but with feather, red, green and yellow lights all lit up at the same time, oh and 4 trains all running wrong line. 
See how many comments that generates :) 

• Like 3
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm just on the train from Leeds to Manchester and looking at some very familiar scenes.

It has to said Network Rail has done a cracking job recreating this layout full size!

• Like 3
  • Funny 14

15 hours ago, Argos said:

I'm just on the train from Leeds to Manchester and looking at some very familiar scenes.

It has to said Network Rail has done a cracking job recreating this layout full size!

Surely, NR have left some track off of their layout? :)

Edited by Denbridge
Spelling
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Denbridge said:

Surely, NR have left some track off of their layout? :)

I think we should allow Network Rail some modeller's license, and perhaps the exercising of rule 1 to allow the running of more modern trains........

• Like 3
  • Funny 4

On 04/03/2020 at 23:08, HeatonLodge40 said:

30 real feet. 

The next picture I may put up will be more signals - but with feather, red, green and yellow lights all lit up at the same time, oh and 4 trains all running wrong line. 
See how many comments that generates :) 

:lol_mini::biggrin_mini2::lol::drinks:

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, GeordieBloke said:

just wondering, do you have a substantial O gauge layout that you could post some pictures of so we can critique?

Ha, no, but I'd like to think my comments are taken in the light-hearted way they are intended.

This is a stunning layout, in many ways, and I wish I did have the space, time and finances to achieve even a small percentage of what Simon has.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

I still fail to comprehend how you manage to achieve so much in such short timeframes. I think you have a secret army that comes out at night and does most of it for you . . . . . . . . .  :D

To put things into perspective for you, I have managed to lay (that means glue down) 4 pieces of Peco code 75 track today. That's 4 yards. In a day. With soldered droppers, though!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I still fail to comprehend how you manage to achieve so much in such short timeframes. I think you have a secret army that comes out at night and does most of it for you . . . . . . . . .  :D

To put things into perspective for you, I have managed to lay (that means glue down) 4 pieces of Peco code 75 track today. That's 4 yards. In a day. With soldered droppers, though!

Clearly there must be a big time zone difference between Oxfordshire & Wakfield to achieve his work ethic or Simon has some of those secret helpers you have mentioned...... I think he has self isolated for too long :mocking_mini:

Jim

44 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I guess the more you do the quicker you get at it.!

Soldering droppers onto rail lengths is mind numbing. I solder two pairs per section of rail and used to drill a 2mm hole for the droppers through the board.

I soon learnt that invariably you often need to move the track more than you think to align it correctly, which means making the holes bigger.

So now I just drill huge 20mm holes for the droppers then fill them with clay afterwards. Works a treat.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

So now I just drill huge 20mm holes for the droppers then fill them with clay afterwards. Works a treat.

I knew you had a secret weapon......

Jim