Heaton Lodge Junction

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I still fail to comprehend how you manage to achieve so much in such short timeframes. I think you have a secret army that comes out at night and does most of it for you . . . . . . . . .  :D

He painted the floor so the carpet fairies couldn't nick the stuff as he went along. As they had nothing left to do he trained them to put the ballast down instead.

3 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

To put things into perspective for you, I have managed to lay (that means glue down) 4 pieces of Peco code 75 track today. That's 4 yards. In a day. With soldered droppers, though!

I used 25 lengths of code 75 and 10 sets of points during a week when we were snowed in. That's probably about the same rate as you.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I still fail to comprehend how you manage to achieve so much in such short timeframes. I think you have a secret army that comes out at night and does most of it for you . . . . . . . . .  :D

To put things into perspective for you, I have managed to lay (that means glue down) 4 pieces of Peco code 75 track today. That's 4 yards. In a day. With soldered droppers, though!

Face it Mick, you're just slowing down! :notme:

• Funny 2

"in amongst all this madness at least I’m isolated in the basement"

Club visit sadly now not possible, particularly as several of us are in the self-isolation category.  Looking good Simon.

Edit - I mean the layout!

Edited by 5050
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

I used to have the same problem at the winery. Ended up buying a tool trolley. Made a big difference. About £150 as I recall.

Reading the original post, I'm trying to work out if your reply was to do with exercise Joseph, or the need for a toilet.  :jester:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

The way you have taken this picture at a quick glance.....  I thought you had somehow persuaded Precision Paints to make you 2.5 litre tins as they look like they are on your work bench rather than the shelf....

C23B6C77-05D8-41F6-A824-BC952DA419B1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, HeatonLodge40 said:

C23B6C77-05D8-41F6-A824-BC952DA419B1.jpeg

We have something in common! I have a fan heater just like that.

I still have trouble coming to terms with the sheer scale of what you are doing. Taking a week to dismantle your layout, moving it 4' and then reassembling it does put a certain perspective to it. If I moved mine 4' it would then be outside.

In awe!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Pattersons Tankers of Batley had the old loco sheds as their base. Ran mainly Volvo F7's up to early 80's then moved on to DAF's. Old man Patterson also had the pig-farm at the rear of the sheds....as anyone who lived in Mirfield in the 70's and early 80's will testify when the wind came from a certain direction!

I notice you've some Hoyer tankers - you re-liverying to Pattersons? There's lots of images of Pattersons Tankers on a Google Image Search... but a lot are on Flickr and copyright - so I can't post on here.

• RMweb Premium

I seem to remember that Hoyer did a lot of work out of ICI 8at Huddersfield  back then and were seen around that area quite a lot, along with Hanson Haulage.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

1 hour ago, AndrewT said:

Pattersons Tankers of Batley had the old loco sheds as their base. Ran mainly Volvo F7's up to early 80's then moved on to DAF's. Old man Patterson also had the pig-farm at the rear of the sheds....as anyone who lived in Mirfield in the 70's and early 80's will testify when the wind came from a certain direction!

I notice you've some Hoyer tankers - you re-liverying to Pattersons? There's lots of images of Pattersons Tankers on a Google Image Search... but a lot are on Flickr and copyright - so I can't post on here.

Yes Ive a lot of images of Patterson’s Tankers, eventually yes I’ll repaint the Hoyer trailers.
However the Hoyer trailers have 3 axles and Pattersons being much earlier versions just two.

When I finish HLJ later this year I’ll have a go at modifying them.

My plate is full at the moment however..

• Like 4
  • Agree 1