GBRF Fuelling Point

Georgie!!

Evening all,

I have been working, again, on the little corner at the back of the layout. I have decide to put some security fencing up around the equipment box. There is also a worker hidden behind the fencing carrying out some work. I still have a couple more ideas for this area, including more workmen and other bits of clutter. One job I need to do is weather the brick walling in places and look at adding graffiti in some spots too. The warehouse buildings still need to be painted too.

post-6787-0-08694500-1481225985_thumb.jpg

I'm expecting a parcel tomorrow that contains some more bits to help me get started on the next area along the back of the layout as this is the next area for me to focus on, after this its then along the backscene along the right hand side of the layout. Then I'm sure there are many more areas.

All the best, George.

• Like 8

I'll just leave these here Georgie......

post-18515-0-59423300-1481379762_thumb.jpeg

post-18515-0-03608600-1481379775_thumb.jpeg

post-18515-0-41252700-1481379786_thumb.jpeg

post-18515-0-05050600-1481379803_thumb.jpeg

Thought you might like them. Would have got some more but the weather and light had deteriorated too much by the time I got to Shrewsbury.

Cheers

Marcus

Edited due to iPad interference with spelling Grrrr!!

Edited by Marcus 37
  • Like 9

I'll just leave these here Georgie.....

Thought you might like them. Would have got some more but the weather and light had deteriorated too much by the time I got to Shrewsbury.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for sharing the photos of 743, I do like the livery on these locos, but I still need to see the real thing.

I also need to get a photo of both my 743 and 746 together on the layout.

All the best, George.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't very much to report on the layout, but I have been working slowly on it over the Xmas period. The main news is that I have been adding fresh ballast around the tracks, especially where weeds and grass seemed to take over. The reason being is that I felt I had gone a little crazy with the grass and thrown it pretty much everywhere, but after doing more searching I decided I needed more ballast and less grass. Also, I realised that I had gone a little crazy with the weathering of the track and it wasn't looking as fresh as I wanted it to, so hopefully this should do the trick.

I have, also, been adding more Wills Kits yard lights and CCTV cameras around the fuelling point. Although the yard lights are non-functional I'm planning on adding some tiny LEDs to these so that pretty much the whole layout will be lit. I still need to wire up the lights around the fuelling point yet.

The work on the backscene is still on going. Most of the materials and scenic items have now arrived, just painting and gluing into position is to be done now really, but still a lot to be done.

After that little update, I will leave a photo of 66702 'Blue Lightening' preparing to leave the front siding:

post-6787-0-16859200-1483044345_thumb.jpg

All the best,

George.

• Like 9

Hi Georgie

Layouts coming on a treat mate. Don't take to many weeds away as there's plenty round Peterborough shed and the VQ lines at the moment which, I found out to annoyance the other night when jumping down to pull a pair of points and got tangled up in a bramble.

I've got the green goddess (779) tomorrow for the first time on 4L22 so I'll try and get you some pic's. If the iPads up to it I'll try and get a night shot on the fuel point.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Hi Georgie

Layouts coming on a treat mate. Don't take to many weeds away as there's plenty round Peterborough shed and the VQ lines at the moment which, I found out to annoyance the other night when jumping down to pull a pair of points and got tangled up in a bramble.

I've got the green goddess (779) tomorrow for the first time on 4L22 so I'll try and get you some pic's. If the iPads up to it I'll try and get a night shot on the fuel point.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Thanks, but don't worry I have removed the main ones that had gotten weathered with the track and no longer looked like weeds. I still have more to add, but maybe not as overgrown as Peterborough depot lol. I would like to add brambles and buddleia bushes to the layout, but I can't find anyone that makes them.

The photos would be great, especially of the fuelling point. They would be most appreciated mate.

Kind regards, George.

Hi Georgie,

The layout is coming on a treat.

For Brambles somewhere on my Rannoch thread I've written the details of how I did mine and you can see if you like them but basically get a block of rubberised horsehair it's cheap and lasts for ages. Cut it up into a bramble sized bush to suit. Tear it in half by hand which will give you a nice bramble effect and a flatter side. Big blob of PVA and stick in position. Press it down and sprinkle on some brown scatter. When it's dry brush on some PVA and sprinkle on some of the gaugemaster dark green leaves and job done.

Marcus some great prototype pics, see the tube map lurking at the fuel point too.

All the best

Mark

Hi Georgie,

The layout is coming on a treat.

For Brambles somewhere on my Rannoch thread I've written the details of how I did mine and you can see if you like them but basically get a block of rubberised horsehair it's cheap and lasts for ages. Cut it up into a bramble sized bush to suit. Tear it in half by hand which will give you a nice bramble effect and a flatter side. Big blob of PVA and stick in position. Press it down and sprinkle on some brown scatter. When it's dry brush on some PVA and sprinkle on some of the gaugemaster dark green leaves and job done.

Marcus some great prototype pics, see the tube map lurking at the fuel point too.

All the best

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the information regarding the brambles. I will have a look on your thread and certainly look into giving them a go. They sound fairly straight forward to make, and very effective. Thanks.

Hi Georgie

Here's the pictures from yesterday. Unfortunately by the time I got to Peterborough it was pitch black and thick fog so no pics on the shed I'm afraid.

Hope you like them.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

I love them! Thank you very much for the photos, really appreciate it. Great photo of the fuelling point too, it will come in handy for the future.

Here's a photo of my 66779 'Evening Star' filling up before heading out on 4L22 working :mosking:

post-6787-0-99383500-1483216206_thumb.jpg

I would just like to thank everyone who has liked, commented, followed and helped me with my layout over 2016, and wish you all happy new year!

All the best, George.

• Like 12

Lovely models there George, looks really good! 

Now that GB have been sold the logos are being modded too to remove the arches either side and the europorte logo removed, but the side emblems seem to be staying unless theres another new livery planned

Lovely models there George, looks really good! 

Now that GB have been sold the logos are being modded too to remove the arches either side and the europorte logo removed, but the side emblems seem to be staying unless theres another new livery planned

Hi Tom,

Thank you for letting me know with regards to the logo. I noticed on the photo from Marcus that 779's small GB logo on the front looked different. I'm going to have to look out and see what changes are made to the fleet of class 66's. Thanks again.

Cheers, George.

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

Thank you for letting me know with regards to the logo. I noticed on the photo from Marcus that 779's small GB logo on the front looked different. I'm going to have to look out and see what changes are made to the fleet of class 66's. Thanks again.

Cheers, George.

66758 has had its modded for sure, the 59 has also had its done as seen here

I spotted 66715/748 the other day and both still have full logos but i'll keep an eye out.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the information regarding the brambles. I will have a look on your thread and certainly look into giving them a go. They sound fairly straight forward to make, and very effective. Thanks.

Hi Marcus,

I love them! Thank you very much for the photos, really appreciate it. Great photo of the fuelling point too, it will come in handy for the future.

Here's a photo of my 66779 'Evening Star' filling up before heading out on 4L22 working :mosking:

attachicon.gif20161231_1324561.jpg

I would just like to thank everyone who has liked, commented, followed and helped me with my layout over 2016, and wish you all happy new year!

All the best, George.

Good work all round.

I particularly like this one.

Another loco fleet update today.

Firstly, 66732 'GBRF The first decade 1999-2009 John Smith - MD' had to go back to Doncaster depot for repairs on its headlights due to faulty wires. 732 has now re-entered traffic in full working order.

Two new locos have been assigned to the Fuelling point now making the fleet a total of 26. The first loco to arrive was 66708 'Jayne'. I wanted this loco modelling as its a bit of celebrity having brought the last class 66's to Doncaster and also my missus has the same middle name too. Here is the loco waiting permission to enter the fuelling point:

post-6787-0-90546500-1483900105_thumb.jpg

The other loco to join the fleet is 66737 'Lesia'. I like this loco for the giant 37 on the side of the loco. Also, note the red highlighted wheels and around the buffers too. Here is the loco arriving into the headshunt to stable in the bottom siding, no.1 siding:

post-6787-0-07568200-1483900694_thumb.jpg

66748 has now gone for repainting to be updated. Although I do love the loco in grey livery, it was starting to bug me a little knowing the real version had been repainted and also named too. 704 and 746 have both also gone for some attention. There is also another loco to be assigned to the fuelling point, but more to be revealed in the future.

There hasn't been any work on the layout this week, mainly due to me back at work. Hoping to get sometime soon to progress a little further with things.

All the best, George.

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing really to report on the layout I'm afraid, I have been a little busy with work and family. I have started to do a little work on the warehouses along the backscenes of the layout. A couple have been stuck to the backscene in there final position, and one other has had a roller shutter door fitted, just now requires painted with the rest of them.

I will leave you all with a photo of 66732, 66779 and 66719 stabled in the sidings together on a quiet Sunday afternoon.

post-6787-0-08154200-1486302849_thumb.jpg

That's all for now, all the best,

George

• Like 11

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

It has been a while since I last updated the thread, but I'm afraid there still isn't really an update on the layout as such. The layout is currently sat in storage for now whilst we still try and move house, also our second baby arrived the other week, so modelling time is pretty much gone. I am still, however, having the class 66 fleet worked on and more new locos resprayed to join the collection.

For a while now  have been muttering on about how there will be other loco classes than just class 66s to break things up a little, I can now say its finally come true! After searching around the internet I have finally found GBRF livered 20901. The loco was a little cheap as it needs a little work doing to the outside, mainly on the loco numbers, logos and the TOPs panels as they seemed to have all been scratched off, also I'm wanting to get both buffer beams fully detailed and the loco weathered too. Just need to find some class 20 spares.  

post-6787-0-69464300-1496682134_thumb.jpg

Whilst I had the layout very briefly set up, I also took a photo of 66704 stabled in the siding:

post-6787-0-26083400-1496682214_thumb.jpg

That's all for now.

All the best,

George.

• Like 13

• 1 month later...

With the layout still in storage and various modelling bits in storage boxes packed up and the house saga still on ongoing has meant for no proper layout updates just stock updates and I'm here with another stock update. Some of you may have seen photo I posted on the Kernow model centre thread of there new Bachmann release of GB Railfreight 66709 'Sorrento'. The printing quality of the ship is fantastic along the sides, I'm also going to add a DCC sound chip to the loco. Although I do already have 709, the re-sprayed loco I have is now in line to be painted into another GB loco to join my ever growing fleet of class 66s.

post-6787-0-17724200-1500234068_thumb.jpg

I haven't had the chance yet to fit its nameplates, pipework and deflectors to the loco, once I have chance I will do so. The other new loco to arrive is another new Bachmann release GB Railfreight loco 66711 'Sense'. Again, it is already a loco I have, but I purely purchased the loco to replace the version I have as that loco doesn't run well at all, just stop starts all over the place. Most of it is due to it being a 8pin chip version and before was a Freightliner model and quite an old model, so its fair to say was a rookie mistake on my part.  

post-6787-0-42673600-1500235307_thumb.jpg

Both locos were just fresh out there boxes and plonked on the layout for photos. Also, I have been a little busy doodling new trackplans for a layout. It has slightly come to my attention that with the amount of locos I now have a new larger layout is required to house them all, hopefully 10ft should do it. The current layout isn't going yet until at least the house saga is over!  

That's all for now,

Cheers, George.

• Like 5

Hi George,

Hope you get your house move sorted soon and understand your lack of modelling time since baby number 2 arrived, our second is 6 months already and you do get the odd hour back sometimes.

Cracking line up from the GBRF fleet, 66709 does look good and was a bit of a surprise from Kernow will need to save up for it as I can find an excuse to run it on Rannoch. Nice to see 37737 as that seems to appear a lot in ophotos on the West Highland Line too.

All the best

Mark