Oak Road - 2013 to present (a fictitious place somewhere in Somerset) - Raising Money for Meningitis Research

Looks really good Mike, the boulders have come out well.. 

I might have to get a mini Mike. In fact if we got the whole gang scanned we would be as collectable as the NatWest piggies!

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, pitbull1845 said:

Looks really good Mike, the boulders have come out well.. 

I might have tonget a mini Mike. In fact if we got the whole gang scanned we would be as collectable as the NatWest piggies!

Cheers mate. That would be an excellent idea!!

• Like 2

Nice to hear you are keeping well Mike. I dream of getting poster boards on mine, haven't done a thing since last August......although we have moved!!!!!!

Boulders look good, I though you were going to say you sieved for them in the garden!!! And as others have said Mini-Mike would make a useful addition on many layouts.......you going to be scanned again using a traditional SLR :D

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, scoobyra said:

Things have certainly been a little odd of late with the Coronavirus Pandemic putting restrictions on the whole country, so I downed tools on Oak Road and moved outside to create Oak Garden....an OO Gauge 85’ double track loop with an 8’ long, foot high viaduct, a triangular junction and a main station based on Totnes. It’s taken a whole month to build the framework and get some track down, and I still don’t have a complete loop! 

This will give you an idea of what I’m up to.....

1F4A7579-12A5-4AE0-BF64-4EF670E71FA2.jpeg.e901a5d2d14d4c24af2b0ba758d8d0a9.jpeg

If the weather holds up I may actually get a whole loop by next weekend

Anymore pictures?  That’s a huge layout. Will be really cool running hats at scale line speed. Are you going to do a separate thread?

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, GWRPhil said:

Anymore pictures?  That’s a huge layout. Will be really cool running hats at scale line speed. Are you going to do a separate thread?

Assume they’ll be ‘stovepipe’ hats running at scale line speed ??!! :laugh_mini2:

cheers,

Phil.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, GWRPhil said:

There’s a load of pictures on Instagram #oakroadmr

Edited by scoobyra
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, scoobyra said:

There’s a load of pictures on Instagram #oakroadmr

If only I had instagram account. In our house we agreed years ago we wouldn’t have anything Facebook related. A long story why. 

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

52 minutes ago, GWRPhil said:

If only I had instagram account. In our house we agreed years ago we wouldn’t have anything Facebook related. A long story why. 

Hi

I've the same 'problem'

Cheers Bill

• 2 months later...
On 16/09/2020 at 15:06, scoobyra said:

Sorry for the complete lack of updates on both Oak Road and the outdoor layout known as Oak Garden, but unfortunately, everything has had to take a backseat due to my Father's health. The garden layout will cease to exist, probably from the end of this month, or possibly October if the weather stays nice, and Oak Road will stay firmly tucked up in the office downstairs at work for the foreseeable future. Richard from Hornby Magazine is coming down in two weeks time to do a feature on how Oak Road came about, why I count rivets and my association with Meningitis Now, but that'll be it.

I've got a few videos to post up on YouTube of the garden railway at some point and I'll pop a link on here for anyone who'd like to see how far it got. 

Very sorry to read about your father's health. I hope his health improves.

Regards Gary 

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...