Oak Road - 2013 to present (a fictitious place somewhere in Somerset) - Raising Money for Meningitis Research

I have just been to the West Country on a break and went to various railway stations . Then I watched the virtual exhibition video of this layout. Thinking that the model looked a bit like Castle Cary. As I had got a Class 165 train from Westbury to this station. So when it was announced that the layout was based on Castle Cary, I nearly fell off my chair!! Great work!

They have just finished building a second footbridge for the crowds that come to Glastonbury. This could be your new challenge. 
Included is the iconic HST stop sign and a evening view from your road bridge.9C448257-A4EC-46C5-AC2D-B53C1D382C9F.jpeg.508175e0076b6ea050fdb184c12bb999.jpeg

A9AF7484-B36F-4331-A054-AD19D4A36EEF.jpeg

2C06AAF5-49AE-47F5-AC25-F125DB03F83C.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Congratulations to Mike on the third place finish! Thanks also must go to Mike for running the PGAs on his layout all weekend as well as posing the 3D printed grid in the yard - it looked absolutely superb!

99EE1469-F5E3-4FC8-8EBA-55F7A24D780D.jpeg.9586bbd2338f17ecd166bdb9cd08f8eb.jpeg

345C5D90-81E4-426C-9BA0-9A5CDCCF4E8D.jpeg.6c897fbe9a2c5c1163815b4422a022ae.jpeg

It was a pleasure seeing the layout in the flesh and speaking with Mike, @Temeraireand Rhys over the weekend. Will post some videos up over the next few days.

Kind regards,

Will

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Mike for letting us run a few PGAs on your layout, I am not entirely sure what the working was passing through Oak Road but it looked very good behind the two 37s!!

The Class 56 looked right at home, dare I say the first of many.....

Good to see you, Ian and Rhys. Hope you had a good weekend.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I’ve just had confirmation that Oak Road will be attending Ally Pally next year. That’ll be the second ‘Big’ show in a row! 

Unfortunately, the layout is all packed up in storage for the foreseeable future so I won’t be doing much work on it but hopefully that’ll change in the New Year. 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I was just watching the Hornby Mag video on GETS and spotted the Bus with the working destination display.

Could I ask how it was achieved as I really like the idea of it for my layout.

I meant to get over to the layout at GETS all weekend to say hello, but Mr Wild is a slave driver (he isn’t really, I promise!) so couldn’t get chance!

Simon

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 31/10/2021 at 20:48, St. Simon said:

Hi Mike,

I was just watching the Hornby Mag video on GETS and spotted the Bus with the working destination display.

Could I ask how it was achieved as I really like the idea of it for my layout.

I meant to get over to the layout at GETS all weekend to say hello, but Mr Wild is a slave driver (he isn’t really, I promise!) so couldn’t get chance!

Simon

The bus was done by Michael Lomax, they’re £125 I believe. I’m actually auctioning one off (or I will be when I can get to it) on the Oak Road Facebook page to raise money for Meningitis Now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• 1 month later...