Ely and District MRC model railway exhibition 21 May 2016

terrysoham

The Ely and District model railway club are holding their annual exhibition on 21 May 2016

Exhibition address:  City of Ely Community College, Downham Road, Ely, CB6 3DY

Date: 21 May, 2016

Prices:  Adults £5.00

Children £3.00 (between 5 and 18)

Under age 5 free

Disabled access:  To all areas EXCEPT the stage

Parking:   There is ample free parking on site.  

Web site:  www.elymrc.org.uk

There is a bus service from Broad Street (5 minutes walk from Ely Station) to Downham Road.  Details on our web site.

You won't feel too lonely though...I've just found the older two-way radios that I thought I'd lost several years ago and will bring them down on the day.  Might help with traffic management.

Now all I need to do is find the two newer two-way radios I bought to replace them...can't find those anywhere!

Hello

Bedlam Heath will be there for it's penultimate public appearance, looking forward to the show very much.

Cheers

George

Oh the fun we have! A few weeks ago Chairman Andy visited the local van hire to arrange the vehicle to transport all the barriers/tables/cables etc. that we borrow from the CMRA for our show. Whilst there he was told that the 2nd driver (me) would have to come in with driving license and NI number. He replied that I was already on their books as I hire from them as well - no he MUST come in. So I duly presented myself this morning and guess what? I was told you did not need to come in as we already have your details! DOH! Oh well, never mind, there's always Eurovision! Ha Ha.

I shall be there along with my son - we try to attend each year - its normally very good, this will be the first since my retirement from Network Rail (1 week ago!!)

Regards

SIGTECH (Steve)

• RMweb Gold

A thank you to the Ely club for our invite and to say we all had an enjoyable day.

"Sutton" performed well today with just a few minor niggles (generally operator error) and many thanks to those that voted us best in show, we do appreciate it. 

Personally it was nice for me to put another face to a name from here, (JWeallans)  :bye:

I'm glad that you had a good day. We do try to look after our exhibitors as well as the general public. As usual met some very nice people as well as JW! and had a great day. Big thank-you to all involved - your efforts are truly appreciated. Will be going down to Welwyn GC this morning to return the barriers etc. Then press on with organising the 2017 show.

Hello

Thanks to all at Ely MRC for being such kind hosts and looking after us so well. An excellent show as ever and hope to be back sometime in the future.

Cheers

George

Archived