First Loco in DB Cargo and Malcolm Livery emerges

Of a side note, the removal of the 'Schenker' part of the branding is beginning, so far 66185 and 90036 have lost theirs.

66055/056 have both come out in new DB livery with large DB logos on the side and have been named. 

Additionally, 90036 is with VTEC for use on shuttles between KGX and Newark North gate to cover for 91 maintenance. Only one will be going on hire and only KGX drivers will be trained on them. Hence the Newark limit. 

• 1 year later...

If it's a marketing exercise then I really don't understand what the livery is trying to say?  If it's to fit in with their strapline Greener Cleaner <something> Services then why do they need a picture of Canada or Norway or wherever it is?  Why not a picture of the Lake District or some other UK scenic area?

Its the Scottish highlands, they're Scottish - and the Greener Cleaner thing, its an electric locomotive, which makes it cleaner than a diesel.

I'm a bit late to this thread, I know; but does anyone remember "Freight Connection '92" held at the NEC in the optimistic days of RfD?

To draw attention to the impending opening of the Channel Tunnel three RfD 90s were painted in the liveries of mainland European railways, and one (or maybe all 3 - I was there but it is 25 years ago) were brought to the NEC. Comparing the photos of the 90 painted in DB livery then with how it is applied currently shows an amazing similarity;  maybe DB just dusted off the old paperwork. Or maybe it was an omen we failed to spot...