2nd, small Cardiff show, Saturday 21st Jan 2017.

naturol

The organisers and supporters of the above show are chuffed to announce their second extravaganza.

Again, at the scout headquarters, Pontcanna, Cardiff.

Sponsored and assisted again by Peter from Lord and Butler

The thread will progress over the next few months to hopefully contain images of the works and details of those attending,

So please make a note on your E diary,

Anyone wishing to take part is to forward details to either myself of Brian R. (BR2975).

Paul.

Ah - looks like another worthwhile trip to the Principality coming up; good to see you're repeating the event fellahs.

You're more than welcome Mike.

However, you may need a visa by the time the show comes around !!!

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Paul,

Will the show be running for the whole of January 2017, or do you have a  specific date for it yet? :angel:

I need to get Margam geared up for accommodation, as they are a bit short on warm muddy hollows at that time of year!

Has someone sneaked the date into the heading when you weren't looking?  Crafty move on someone's part  :jester:  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Has someone sneaked the date into the heading when you weren't looking?  Crafty move on someone's part  :jester:  :jester:

Mike,

Thanks for pointing that out.

All I can say is what a sneaky trick!

That person is now off my Clarke's pie and a pint of Brains dark list when I find out who it was!

Hello all.

Provisional list for the show.

Tony ( Pontypridd modellers). US based layout

Wayne Crowley. China clay EM layout

Marc smith. Wales, rails, rain and steel

Cardiff bay modellers. TBC

Baz and son. Penny lane depot

Steve Dodd. TBC

Rob Gunstone. Sheep lane

Brian Rolley TBC

Paul Rolley. Celsa. O gauge. If applicable.

Demonstrating

Paul Gandy

Al Reynolds

Further inclusions will be added in due course.

Paul

Wayne will be exhibiting his layout titled " Trevanna dries"

Crickey I'm on the list! Better get my butt into gear on some stock otherwise it'll just be a bubble car shuttle along the branch!  :onthequiet:

Seriously though, it's good that we're holding this show again. I took Dragon Steels last year so it will be nice to take the new layout along and I look forward to it.

Cheers,

Sorry for the double posting but I thought I'd post a pic for those who might not be familiar with the layout.

Here's a quick taster shot of Trevanna Dries.

post-6773-0-97030800-1478458114.jpg

Although the picture shows a class 153 working the Newquay shuttle, the layout will be operating to an earlier mid 1980's mode as I haven't started working on my CDA wagons yet and Clay Hoods are easier to have ready.

Cheers,

Wayne

Sorry for the double posting but I thought I'd post a pic for those who might not be familiar with the layout.

Here's a quick taster shot of Trevanna Dries.

attachicon.giftrevanna.jpg

Although the picture shows a class 153 working the Newquay shuttle, the layout will be operating to an earlier mid 1980's mode as I haven't started working on my CDA wagons yet and Clay Hoods are easier to have ready.

Cheers,

Wayne

Hello Wayne, is this wagon any use to you, handbuilt it about 20 years ago needs bogies ( got some Cambrian ones somewhere) buffers and some tlc!

post-19557-0-77808800-1478465350_thumb.jpg

Baz

Hi Baz,

Interesting you've posted that as I dug out my Skits one this evening only to find that it has a bow along the solebar and bits of the lip are missing!  :no:

That looks a nice model you've built there, would be interesting to compare the two.

Hello all.

Provisional list for the show.

Tony ( Pontypridd modellers). US based layout

Wayne Crowley. China clay EM layout

Marc smith. Wales, rails, rain and steel

Cardiff bay modellers. TBC

Baz and son. Penny lane depot

Steve Dodd. TBC

Rob Gunstone. Sheep lane

Brian Rolley TBC

Paul Rolley. Celsa. O gauge. If applicable.

Demonstrating

Paul Gandy

Al Reynolds

Further inclusions will be added in due course.

Paul

The US layout is not mine but owned by Reg Owens and represents Pontypridd MRC although I probably will be there helping.

Also any exhibitors may well be asked to attend the Ponty show as I am a couple of layouts shirt, I need more steam, n gauge or O gauge.

Apologies to Paul for hijacking the thread.

Tony

Archived