Larkrail - Sat 16th July 2016 - Bath

Tim Dubya

Well I had a very enjoyable morning for my first Larkrail visit on Saturday. A lovely selection of fine layouts and a spot of lunch courtesy of the good Cap'n. The show had very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, marvellous.

Good to catch up with some of the Taunton regulars, and to hear some firsthand tales from Mike about his recent nautical jaunt.

Also nice to see the ever genial Simon and I spent a half hour or so in his enchanted emporium, a magical place that transformed me from wealthy man to pauper.....

Still, I shall be a well read pauper!

Picked up this on a whim;

post-6861-0-14904100-1469051791_thumb.jpeg

Fascinating stuff, it contains maps, plans and photographs spanning build to decommissioning. Incredible to think of all this beneath our feet.

IN one photo of a vast underground cavern I am sure I can makes out the shapes of mothballed 9Fs and Black 5s and even The Fell in the gloom.

I will post the image......Oh, wait a mo, some urgent knocking on the door...

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps for next year all attendees who are on here might wear a badge. I missed quite a few whom I would like to have met!

...a few more snaps...

Draycott Park

post-6728-0-37347400-1469083822_thumb.jpg

Chewton Mendip

post-6728-0-51129800-1469083896_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-30430300-1469084225_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-59213500-1469084244_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-65708900-1469084272_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-21556000-1469084300_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Perhaps for next year all attendees who are on here might wear a badge. I missed quite a few whom I would like to have met!

This is a good idea which I have suggested before.

Um.  Er - John, were you wearing a badge? :-)

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Chris

...errmm ..wrist duly slapped Chris!

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps for next year all attendees who are on here might wear a badge.

Or a Fez . . . ;)

Could be very confusing for the canteen though with badges so may I suggest checking with Simon that he doesn't rely on badges for identifying his exhibitors for food, as a courtesy, as all profits are for charity ;)

• Like 1

Um. Er - John, were you wearing a badge? :-)

Chris

I didn't attend (due to distance & work) but do like the idea of a RMWEB badge, even if its only a standard style which can be downloaded and printed off, which those who want to can then wear for recognition? Point taken re possible confusion with Exhibitor badges, but hopefully they would look sufficiently different?

• Like 2

Perhaps for next year all attendees who are on here might wear a badge.

Rather than name badges, I suggest we all turn up to Larkrail next year wearing 'Captain Kernow' look-alike masks and costumes. That should put the cat amongst the proverbial bananas  :sarcastic:    

post-14107-0-38303900-1469096552.jpg

Edited by Phil Copleston

• RMweb Gold

Will Tim have to work up to the event by placing multiple mirrors around the Pasty Emporium to get used to seeing his face everywhere? Details, details chaps!!

Is this fixation with bananas turning him into a Minion?

post-6968-0-64638600-1469097268.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Chris

He was when I was talking to him at one point - not like our RMweb badges tho' Chris, far more discreet.

• 4 years later...
On 14/06/2016 at 12:25, The Stationmaster said:

Previously the 'day runabout' thingy ticket has offered better value than buying two singles.  

The return 'bus stop is right outside the hall - and both are of course but a short step from Mr Castens excellent retail emporium where it is advisable only to tread if you either feel are wealthy or have a slush fund suitably secreted from she who might ask awkward questions.  (I'm not saying don't go there but it seems inevitable that you will not leave empty handed as there is an excellent range of diverse subjects on the shelves and thus might face interrogation on return home).

Such a common problem. I just refer to My partner as' The Household Authorities'