Larkrail - Sat 16th July 2016 - Bath

Tim Dubya

After being diagnosed with a severe case of Jock Itch, William Bonar Cholmondeley spent the next three months of his life developing a reliable mechanised Sack Scratcher.

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Premium

After being diagnosed with a severe case of Jock Itch, William Bonar Cholmondeley spent the next three months of his life developing a reliable mechanised Sack Scratcher.

We haven't closed our borders yet Porcy, so I'll see you at LarkRail then.

Dunno 'bout that, 'twas a close call last time me n me mates tried ta get froo Barf !

post-20303-0-10395500-1466895199.jpeg

Ivor L.Adder

• RMweb Premium

Ah, you must have attempted to come through via the London Road, Bath's linear car park.

Which one's you then Grahame?

Edited by Tim Dubya

Ah, you must have attempted to come through via the London Road, Bath's linear car park.

Which one's you then Grahame?

No mate, wrong, I sent the advanced party and whilst they were drawing attention I slipped in up stream !

post-20303-0-35470800-1466896394.jpeg

Ize not stoopid !

Capt. Webb-Feat

• Like 2

I'll ave to pump up the tyres on me push bike then see if I can save up enough money to pay the road tolls.

Edited by Porcy Mane

I'll ave to pump up the tyres on me push bike.

Post #50

We could go in convoy ! Can ya ride tandem ? Hic !! :) pardon ( tiz Saturday nite !)

• RMweb Gold

I'm now seriously considering taking a look at the floor plan....

Simon De Souza is unfortunately now unable to attend, but I have just remembered (oops) confirmed Tony Barnes rather magnificent "Draycott Park Colliery", a Protofour layout that has grown out of Chris Challis's 2005 challenge. A serious piece of BR era North Staffordshire industrial action.

A bientot!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Website (at last) updated, Iain Rice is bringing his lovely "Trerice" layout to this year's event.

Simon

A splendid line up Simon although the poster on the Website is last years:-))

See you this evening

Jerry

• RMweb Premium

Before I say this let me stress that I will be doing all that I can to attend, but, is anyone aware that 16 July is also the day of the Bath Carnival??!    I spotted a yellow sign with notice of restrictions in George Street when I drove in the other day.   It was only luck I saw it as I don't normally drive into Bath along the London Road, I usually head for the Odd Down Park & Ride via Coombe Down.   I didn't even know Bath had a carnival and I've lived around here for nigh on 30 years!   Investigation has shown (trawling around BANES website, etc.) that there appears to be a sort of rolling road block on many city centre streets between 12.00 and 20.00 but nowhere can I find any information on altered bus timetables/routes.   This could also have a significant impact on car parking, both centrally and in the Park & Rides, also the termination points of the P&R busses (and the 6 and 7 to Larkhall)  as Dorchester Street and Milsom Street are both covered by the restrictions.

Hopefully this won't deter anyone, but I know how 'frustrated' I get if I come across something disruptive all unbeknownst like!

John

Ah, special catering then with The Captain's Carnival Commestibles  (= salad sarnies in plain English)

Lettuce not get too carried away :)

Should I bring some Black Pudding to compliment them ?

J.O.Liver

• Like 1

We have a carnival?

Carnival?

It isn't even carnival season. That isn't till October, apart from carnivals like St Paul's in Bristol.

What has happened to Bath since I left it over 30 years ago?

As a reminder...

A special event not to be missed! - LARKRAIL 2016, BATH - Saturday 16th July, 10:00-16:30  

A Light Railway and Branch Line Modelling Miscellany

New Oriel Hall, Brookleaze Road (to left side of Larkhall Inn), Larkhall, Bath, BA1 6RA

www.titfield.co.uk

post-14107-0-93356500-1467993571_thumb.jpg

post-14107-0-88583300-1467993602_thumb.jpg

post-14107-0-15673300-1467993660_thumb.jpg

The venue at New Oriel Hall is on the left (up the steps) with the small car park on the right. 

Get there by No.7 bus from Bath City Centre or Bus Station to Larkhall (square).

Or by car - u Unrestricted on-street parking available around Larkhall.

Layouts

‘St Blazey Roundhouse’ 2mm finescale (1:152) – John Greenwood

‘The Pizza’ 2mmNG (1:152) – Mark Fielder, plus a display of American Nn3 (1:160) project layout under construction by Phil Copleston

‘Tillbrook Lane’ OO (1:76) – Thomas Twigg

‘Chewton Mendip’ (in S&D blue guise) EM (1:76) – Tim Tinknell

‘Bawdsey’ (originally 'Strove') EM (1:76) – the late Chris Matthewman's layout exhibited by Paul Marshall Potter

‘Laramie’ and Big Boys with sound! O-gauge (1:48) – Peter Kirmond

'Arigna' (4mm scale, 12mm gauge, Cavan & Leitrim Railway– Andy Cundick

'Trerice' (4mm, P4, 1:76) – Iain Rice

'Draycott Park Colliery' (4mm, 1:76, BR period, North Staffs) – Tony Barnes

'Carbon Footprint Recycling Co.' – Alan Henham

And possibly 'Henstridge' (2mm finescale, 1:152, S&DJR) – John Farmer (ex-Jerry Clifford), although incomplete and may not be on display.  

Demonstrators

Jerry Clifford – 2mm Roadshow with 2mm locos and stock from North Somerset and S&DJR 

Iain Rice – loco construction

Simon De Souza – Highland Railway modelling

Laurie Griffin – 7mm and Highland Railway locomotives

Justin Newitt – with his Rumney Models

Gordon and Maggie Gravett – scenery construction

Dave Easto – Gauge One scratch building

Don Lepper – figure and G1 locomotive painting display

Roger Bird – exquisite Tralee & Dingle Railway diorama and models

Captain Kernow – he is promising to put on a display of his banana selling in his capacity as all round good egg!

Traders

Gas Cupboard Models (Dave Simpson)

Branchlines (Brian Osborn)

The Titfield Thunderbolt Bookshop (Simon Carstens) – shop just 100 metres away!

Edited by Phil Copleston
  • Like 2