Larkrail - Sat 16th July 2016 - Bath

Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

And looking like Sid James, I trust.

Or at least wearing a Sid James mask.

Or at the very least, laughing like him.

I'll do my best - but as I will only be wearing a very small badge I should be easy to spot.

I think I'd better take my RMweb name badge to make sure I know who I am.  Other folk can readily identify me from my avatar picture - if they look very closely using a powerful magnifying glass.

We can't really miss ya Mike

post-20303-0-34351700-1468617185.jpeg

See ya there :)

G

• RMweb Gold

A lot of the show is set up, everything appears to fit, and I'm writing this surrounded by bread, lettuces, crisps and sundry other items in preparation for the catering tommorow.

I look forward to welcoming visitors old and new to Larkhall, currently putting the modelling world to rights and drinking tea with Steve Cook and Iain Rice - happy days.

Thanks to all (well most!) of you contributors for running this thread, here's a snap of Trerice from this evening's setting up.

post-19301-0-98697400-1468622454.jpg

See you tomorrow!

Yay, even.

Simon

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Oh well it all went Baldrick, will see if alarm can wake me up after a few hours kip! Still train means I can have a snooze on the way over and back before resuming main snooze!

Two years ago I got a chauffeur driven special bus service straight to the station in the lovely vintage bus after a highly entertaining chat with the chap driving :)

Multiple alarms set!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Lovely as usual, cake excellent too.

Got the motor and gearbox for project X and after a demo from Gordon I pootled over to the shop and now sitting reading more about his grass etc in a warm and sunny Bath, (note the big B! ;) )

• Like 3

A spectacularly grand day out. First time at the event, wonderful layouts and a great relaxed atmosphere! I would like to thank Morgan and Robin for finding the pub! And thanks to Rod for driving!!

In the calendar for next year already...

Mike

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

A thoroughly great day out. 

Very relaxed atmosphere, excellent company, super layouts and trade support. 

Even CK's sandwiches were pretty good as well!

Many thanks to all involved,

Aidan

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Proper pub, excellent show too !

YAY :)

They don't take cards but sheep, pigs and goats are all legal tender in the Larkhall Inn (are women allowed in there yet?).

Brilliant show as always - thank you once again Simon and all that made it possible.

Nice to put faces to names and I even saw a train set or two.

The conversion about girls on trains was fascinating, thanks Grahame ;)

Porcy, I was asked if I was you but I'm not so you're alright.

YAY!

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to Simon and all his collaborators for a highly enjoyable day. It was great to meet some fellow RMWebbers.

If the gent who was reminiscing about his times on Brighton buses frequents this forum, I should like to say its a very long time since I've heard such choice anecdotes.

I couldn't resist buying the Oakwood volume on the Llanelley & Mynydd Mawr from the Thunderbolt. Then on the way to the station I popped into a charity shop in Walcott Street which turned out to have a decent selection of railway books; I was wavering over a nice but slightly pricey copy of David L.Smith's Tales of the Glasgow & South Western when the shop shut. Then I popped into the bookshop on the road to station and came out with a nice volume of Heath Robinson cartoons and Peter Johnson's Great Western Narrow Gauge at half price.

Edited by Andy Kirkham
  • Like 2

The conversion about girls on trains was fascinating, thanks Grahame ;)

Bu**er! I now wish I'd pumped up the tyres on me push bike. That sort of conversation at a model railway show would have made all the pedaling worthwhile.

Porcy, I was asked if I was you but I'm not so you're alright.

That'll teach you to wander about nekked displaying a tattoo of Vladimir on your buttock. Come to think about it, I was regularly was mistaken for Freddy Boswell in my yoof.

Sounds like a good time was had by all.  So without any feeling of guilt, go forth and get plastered. (If your not already)

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

If the gent who was reminiscing about his times on Brighton buses frequents this forum, I should like to say its a very long time since I've heard such choice anecdotes.

I was wielding the controls on the layout that conversation was taking place in front of and it was extremely difficult to concentrate on both operating and enjoying the anecdotes at the same time!

A thoroughly enjoyable day!

• Like 2

This part of the West Country has always fascinated me, especially the architecture. It's a real delight to see the bucolic Bath stone buildings and most worthy of modelling. Lots of original faded signs almost on every street corner.

post-20303-0-55785100-1468743834_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-23748400-1468743848_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-68975800-1468743861_thumb.jpeg

And of course who could fail not to be draw by this well photographed area of Bath ....

post-20303-0-05741100-1468743874_thumb.jpeg

And pleased nobody really needed these during the day either ! There's always something happening in this vibrant city, excellent day out thank you Simon and all involved, deffo back next year :)

post-20303-0-56493600-1468743883_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3