Knowle Wagon Works

TTTE

I've received the replacement instructions, allen key and drill from Tom, many thanks for the prompt service.

I've done a couple of axles and it is now working well. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance, to complement those posted by Mark.

I think most of my problem was that without the very small allen key, I could not adjust the drill length. It was set quite short, and I suspect was not drililng far enough in to get the full diameter at the hole entry.

The bearing are a very tight fit in the hole, and require use of pliers to force it in, but that is no bad thing because the bearing is then rigidly in place without the need for any glue etc.

• Like 2

Another vote for this tool, Bachmann Jubilee which is known for it's apparent bad haulage capacity.

Thirty coaches, most fitted with brass axle bearings using this tool.

Dave Franks.

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Having read this thread, I've now got one of these.  Tom responded very quickly indeed to my query, it was easy to buy  and got one in the post  straight away, Very good service indeed.

I've redrilled the bearing holes on some Cooper Craft GWR wagons   where the top hat bearings wern't aligned too well. After refitting the bearings  and the axles, the wheels spun much more freely.The tool was was easy to use, and because it fits between the axle holes the bearings can be fitted in correct alignment with each other.

I'm now fitting brass bearings to an old white metal tender having drilled holes to the right depth with this tool.

So it is a good way of getting brass bearings to fit in the right place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another satisfied customer...

Since receiving the tool recently, I have been in the garage every night drilling out a complete rake of coaches - now the most free-running on the layout. Excellent tool, works very well.

Many thanks.

Are there any upcoming shows where this tool can be bought?

Easiest way is to email me or send me a PM and I can post one to you directly. Postage is only £1.50.

Regards, Tom

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...