York Show 2017

john new

Many thanks Stephen

Have had a look at their website. Bit concrned that they are 50 miles from York and not clear if they can collect fares on the bus. I will try to get a quote from them, but we need a bus for three days over Easter.

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Unless a bus service from the station to the Racecourse is provided, I won't be going (the 11 doesn't count whether or not it is running).

Agreed regarding the 11 for 2017.  Regrettably after checking the latest timetable I found that the information we had on the route was obsolete and the composite York bus map is misleading. Thanks for the prompt to recheck First's website and I apologise for the YMRS website info' being inaccurate for a while.

Regarding buses we know the service bus options have a low frequency but there do remain service bus links to/from the racecourse (Saturday only) on routes 21 & 26 and our travel page has links to the operators website and/or timetable. Bus links section

I can't update regarding the 197 events link bus situation at this stage except to say options are being considered.

Edited by john new

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just having a look at exhibitions coming up and note nothing posted for a while about the Easter York Model Railway Show.

Perhaps some one connected with the exhibition can give us all a update.

I trust it's all on plan as we are exhibiting the club layout "Whiteacres" and my own layout "Alsone Quay"

Eltel

Just having a look at exhibitions coming up and note nothing posted for a while about the Easter York Model Railway Show.

I trust it's all on plan as we are exhibiting the club layout "Whiteacres" and my own layout "Alsone Quay"

Eltel

we have had are booking info but that was back in November

• RMweb Gold

Eltel

Why should it not be 'all on plan' just because it hasn't been updated here?

• RMweb Premium

I am not suggesting it isn't on plan.

My posting was to promote the exhibition and was meant as a positive post.

Why do,people always see the negative ?

Eltel

• RMweb Gold

A visit to the York how is becoming a bit a tradition for a couple of us in North Devon !

Last year had a weekend in York, so enjoy the exhibition, NRM and of course ale from several pubs!

Back again this year, but respective wives in tow!

Will be getting our advance tickets when at the Stafford show.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Eltel

Lots going on behind the scenes. Website, and here, will be updated when the info' is confirmed and ready to report in public. If you follow our Facebook Page you will see we do post from time to time so are still active. Don't know about our other exhibitors but I know I am looking forward to it expectantly (SLS Stand and Admin/Help Desk team)

Edited by john new

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately I don't do Facebook

Good to hear your are all hard at work, I know the feeling well as own exhibition at Stafford is the first weekend February just a few days away.

Please come and say hello i will be operating Oil Drum Lane

Eltel/Terry

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Lots going on behind the scenes. Website, and here, will be updated when the info' is confirmed and ready to report in public. If you follow our Facebook Page you will see we do post from time to time so are still active. Don't know about our other exhibitors but I know I am looking forward to it expectantly (SLS Stand and Admin/Help Desk team)

Follow up  - We did of course add a completely new page to the website only a few days ago - links to pages with helpful tips for modellers. Any suggestions for more links to add to that page welcomed. For beginners and advanced.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A visit to the York how is becoming a bit a tradition for a couple of us in North Devon !

Last year had a weekend in York, so enjoy the exhibition, NRM and of course ale from several pubs!

Back again this year, but respective wives in tow!

Will be getting our advance tickets when at the Stafford show.

As in recent years my better half and I will be spending a few days in York staying not too far fron the venue and I will hopefully be there for most of Saturday - I must sort out that advance ticket...

Edited by Gilbert

• RMweb Gold

If things go ok will be there again. Great show,great venue with friendly atmosphere.Best show food/ drink IMHO.No need for packed lunch.You can actually sit and eat well in comfortable,congenial surroundings.Dedicated return bus from the station and of course it's York a national jewel.What more do you need for a special day out or stay over.?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If things go ok will be there again. Great show,great venue with friendly atmosphere.Best show food/ drink IMHO.No need for packed lunch.You can actually sit and eat well in comfortable,congenial surroundings.Dedicated return bus from the station and of course it's York a national jewel.What more do you need for a special day out or stay over.?

Comment on the above re the bus link to avoid any possible disappointment. The days the dedicated bus link will be running is one of the questions still WIP. This link, Service 197, is provided as a commercial operation when there are Racecourse events and it is not organised by YMRS. Until last year it ran for the three days, however, last year the operator decided it was profitable to only run Sat Only (See earlier debate &/or 2016 Show thread). When I last checked and updated the show travel page in October 2016 two other local bus options remain available on Sat Only so there should be a Saturday link irrespective of what happens this year regarding Service 197. However the frequency of service is low on these and obviously seating will be limited. First Bus route 11 runs on Saturdays BUT the nearest stop is on Bishopthorpe Rd, so still leaves quite a walk if you use that from the Railway Station.

Our How to get to the Show page will be fully rechecked a week or so prior to the show dates to ensure we are showing the latest transport/travel issues for 2017 and as part of that all the current links to the local bus timetables will be rechecked/verified.

Edited by john new

• RMweb Gold

As in recent years my better half and I will be spending a few days in York staying not too far fron the venue and I will hopefully be there for most of Saturday - I must sort out that advance ticket...

We will pick up our advance tickets at Stafford show.

The York Tap looks worth a visit!

• RMweb Gold

This marks a change in policy from the days of Mike Cook. It is obvious from his memoirs that, at that time, the York show DID arrange the special buses.

The Saturday is generally too busy for me. If there isn't a special bus on the Sunday I won't be going. There ARE other shows...

This marks a change in policy from the days of Mike Cook. It is obvious from his memoirs that, at that time, the York show DID arrange the special buses.

The Saturday is generally too busy for me. If there isn't a special bus on the Sunday I won't be going. There ARE other shows...

Taxi?    Just a thought.......spoil yourself!

• RMweb Premium

As I have previously posted catch a ordinary service bus, and if you have a bus pass even bettter.

All the York bus routes and timetables are on the internet

Eltel

• Like 1

Then why not try Monday?

• RMweb Gold

Suggest getting a group together and arrange a joint taxi. 

• RMweb Gold

Then why not try Monday?

Sadly re the bus as Monday is a Bank Hol it may end up on all standard buses as a Sunday service (Therefore blank) day. That is one of the things that will be in the pre-show update.