York Show 2017

john new

Have a great weekend George

Be careful with John, remember he gets silly if he has to much chocolate, you know what he is like, find him sitting under the layout with chocolate all around his mush !

Don't give him any orange smarties !!

Richard

The 2016 Show was held over the weekend of 26th, 27th & 28th March. So those good at maths can easily work it out!

Peter

Sorry - 55 weeks between 2016 and 2017 is correct - my sums teacher would be horrified.

But definitely only 50 weeks to the 2018 Show

John and I are looking forward to exhibiting North Foreland for the second time....I've got to drive from Melton Mowbray to Birmingham to pick up the layout, then back to Melton ready to leave for York first thing on Friday. I think everything is ready - we've got the pubs map printed, so that's the vital job sorted!

Peter

.imagine being a CAMRA member and having to survey that lot each year for the GBG!

My mate is... and does (not for the GBG Just for the fun of it.)

He also finds time to make the odd post on this forum.

• RMweb Premium

Two Stafford Railway Circle layouts are in the loading area of the clubroom ready for loading on to the van for the York Exhibition

They are Whiteacres a large 4mm Scale layout which is set in a fictitious area on the Staffordshire/ Derbyshire borders set in the 1992 to 2000 period all locomotives are digital operation with all having sound chips frited

Many modified and weathered locomotives that ran in this colourful period.

Please do come and say hello to the team we are on the ground floor.

The other layout is on the top floor, Terry Robinson Stafford Railway Circle club member Alstone Quay which is making its last appearance, as after the exhibition it has a new owner.

The layout is a 0.16.5 narrow gauge layout depicting a small harbour scene.

Likewise come and say hello

Terry Robinson (Eltel)

York is always one of my favourite shows. I'll be there on Sunday wearing my Middleton Railway fleece jacket and if I have any left I'll be carrying copies of the 2017 time table so ask me for one alternatively​ see the website in my signature.

Well the floor(s) are marked out and the tables set as requested. The Show opens on Saturday morning at the usual and published times. We are hoping to modify the arrangements for the advance ticket holders so please don't just go around the back as in previous years but follow the clearly signposted route. Because of certain restrictions placed on us by the Racecourse's health & safety team you may find some changes in front of the main entrance. So please would all visitors follow the signs for the entrance and the queuing arrangements.

Again a gentle reminder we can only take cash at the door again this year.

See you at the Show

Peter

My mate is... and does (not for the GBG Just for the fun of it.)

He also finds time to make the odd post on this forum.

As per Keith...the York Tap...a massive selection of well kept real ales (with something for every taste)...and the added bonus of being smack bang on a railway platform...sit and drink beer and watch trains...and if you have to go to a model railway exhibition during the day...you can always nip in on the way back (someone will always put you on the right train home)...

• RMweb Gold

As per Keith...the York Tap...a massive selection of well kept real ales (with something for every taste)...and the added bonus of being smack bang on a railway platform...sit and drink beer and watch trains...and if you have to go to a model railway exhibition during the day...you can always nip in on the way back (someone will always put you on the right train home)...

Spent a pleasant hour there this lunchtime. Now looking forward to tomorrow..

• RMweb Gold

Duncan;s Mine is all set up and in place.

Thanks to Mrs steve1 for assistance and making sure the drape is fixed properly!

steve

Funny thing drapes. SWMBO popped in and adjusted ours totally on the SLS stand too.

• RMweb Gold

I am guessing Sunday is usually quietest? As provided we make it I have a 13 month old in a buggy and a wife who might need to sit down frequently for a rest.

Saturday morning definitely to be avoided given the scenario you've described. Sun and Mon both quieter as you say; weather on the day makes a difference as to which. Hope you come and have a good day.

theres always been something going on getting to this show but this year's engineering work has put me off coming because it would mean getting a replacement coach and then on a diverted route and the national enquiry website isn't clear how the route will be diverted and how much longer it will take. so it looks like sadly i'll be missing the show this year

I really can't see the point in that layout...

Nowt like a bit of constructive criticism!  

You might just as well have said, "what's the point of railway modelling." You may not derive any pleasure from viewing that particular model but others obviously do or it would not have got an invite to York.

Silly statement.

P