Kernow/Bachmann announcement at Great Central Railway model event (17 June)

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold

It was quoted as 'pull-push'  (and I can can read a message in that although many might not).

Knowing my track record it's probably the one I've just built as a cut'n'shut. Although none of the donor parts was from Bachmann it would fit with one of their promised retooling jobs.

"Pull & Push" was used by the LMS.

Maybe a LMS Driving Trailer or even a Midland Railway 1P 0-4-4T as used on the S&DJR? Not that far away from Kernow, closer than the IOW anyway.

Bachmann have form for producing Midland Railway locomotives such as the 1F 0-6-0T, 3F 0-6-0, 4F 0-6-0 and 4P 4-4-0. Only needs a passenger tank to fill the gap. :)

Just wishful thinking.

Jason.

Push-Pull could also be an all new 14XX!!

Remember Kernow's contracts are from end of 2013, Hattons from end of 2014.

I hope not, I've seen enough duplication's, but it would not surprise me either.

Much truth in that, but I think I would rather see five pages of discussion over a potential range of models that could be produced, rather than this nebulous game of hinting.

We'll get to that in good time of course.

By the time the model is being shipped there will be a tedious procession of posts after posts of "My xxxxxx <arrived on the doormat> / <appeared in the post> / <appears to be lost in transit. What's become of zzzzzz (delivery service)> today. (Choose your ending.)

Threads such as don't frustrate all of the readers all of the time, but will inevitably frustrate some of the readers some of the time.

• RMweb Gold

Push-Pull could also be an all new 14XX!!

Remember Kernow's contracts are from end of 2013, Hattons from end of 2014.

I hope not, I've seen enough duplication's, but it would not surprise me either.

The 14xx class only saw very limited use west of the Tamar, though.

J.

• RMweb Gold

Aha, if Graham M has been consulted, then a Z class tank could be on the cards.

They pushed and pulled a lot.

As did the E1Rs before them (in Exeter) and they were also used in North Devon, including over the North Devon & Cornwall Junction Light Railway. 

J

Aha, if Graham M has been consulted, then a Z class tank could be on the cards.

They pushed and pulled a lot.

Good thought, as in their later days in BR service, were used as bankers on the Exeter bank, thus putting them into Kernows favoured Cornwall and Devon location.

Could it be the Class 116 and Class 120 that they are going to reveal at the Great Central Railway. As on the bottom of the Class 117 and Class 121 page the following quote is shown. 

Quote from the WR Suburban DMU (Class 117 & Class 121 Page "We have not forgotten about the Class 116 and Class 118 and further news about these will be added to this web page when it becomes available."

Could it be the Class 116 and Class 120 that they are going to reveal at the Great Central Railway. As on the bottom of the Class 117 and Class 121 page the following quote is shown. 

Quote from the WR Suburban DMU (Class 117 & Class 121 Page "We have not forgotten about the Class 116 and Class 118 and further news about these will be added to this web page when it becomes available."

It's not likely to be the 116/118 dmus as the original commission for those from Kernow was after this Bachmann commission and was originally with DJ Models, only withdrawn because Bachmann announced their intentions of producing the 117 and 121 later as full range models. Also Bachmann has not yet sent the research material for the 117/121 for CAD drawing yet, according to their recent new model update and any potential 116/118 for Kernow would presumably be dealt with within those drawings.

If it is a Z class, then I hope 30952 will be done. She was very nearly preserved so would sell well for later layouts as a "what if?". I would add it to the bluebell part of my collection.

She was also based at Exmouth until the end so a strong Cornish connection.

• RMweb Gold

If it is a Z class, then I hope 30952 will be done. She was very nearly preserved so would sell well for later layouts as a "what if?". I would add it to the bluebell part of my collection.

She was also based at Exmouth until the end so a strong Cornish connection.

When did Exmouth move?

Mike.

Archived