Kernow/Bachmann announcement at Great Central Railway model event (17 June)

Paul.Uni

And very expensive,considering the current release of the Midland Pullman weighs in at around the £500 mark. :nono:

Yes it would be impossible for Bachmann to make a full 6 car unit but they could always model it on the last mainline working Hastings unit in the 90s 203001 ( 1011) which was only a four car unit working the Hastings-Ashford line but its a dream it will never happen .

I think there was one post earlier that mentioned it but I would take a guess and say that it might be an LBSCR Terrier.

If I'm not mistaken the rebuilt A1X engines were used for pull-push (or was it push-pull...). They would also fit into shunting yards so that term could apply to that as well. They were used on the Isle of Wight so would be go with the O2 models. A couple of the original A1's worked for the LSWR and as well as a couple of A1X's worked for the GWR so they would fit those roles as well. They could be painted in so many different colour schemes it could last Kernow for years to come. The amount of variations could warrant all those documents in the original picture. There's a good number of them preserved. And lastly they fit the role of being 'cute' so even if they don't fit into your modelling area it would be hard to resist a good up to date version of them!

Though I am probably most likely completely wrong... I can still dream though! :)

• RMweb Gold

They might announce a model of one of the 2-coach converted Ironclad push-pull sets (sets 381-385)

http://www.semgonline.com/files/BR_SR_Carriages/PushPull.pdf (description/gen)

http://www.semgonline.com/coach/pp_01.html (image)

Having said that, I suspect they'll go for a loco or unit instead.

From my own viewpoint, that would be great, but another pull-push set when we are still awaiting (though hopefully not for too much longer) the Gate Set? 

John

• RMweb Gold

Mind you, the 4-Cor units were introduced in 1937-38 and operated to Portsmouth (for the IoW)......

I'd just like the 1938 car stock.

But yes it seems IoW and push-pull. 2 1/2 years to go from documents to EP suggest it is more complex than coach or wagon, indicating powered item.

Whilst a Terrier would be wonderful I would think that Bachmann would want it to be part of its main range rather than a Kernow exclusive.

Luke

The 38 stock motor cars were refurbished at Eastleigh before being shipped in pairs to IOW. I cant put my finger on the location but this was one of the test runs to prove them on the mainland. If memory serves only one IOW ferry had the headroom for a lorry plus carriage in the centre of the ferry and it was a slow process as only one could go across at a time.

• RMweb Gold

The photo is at Haslemere

o00o just realised which does have a 4-COR connection .................. :O

But do we really regard 4-Cors as pull-push? They have motors each end! A later generation of EMU, however, did not. 

• RMweb Gold

But do we really regard 4-Cors as pull-push? They have motors each end! A later generation of EMU, however, did not.

If I recall some ex 4-Cor coaches were used in the test push-pull set before the Bournemouth electrification scheme went ahead. And I think some if them then ended up in the 6-TC Oxted set. But I think this is a rather tenuous link somewhat....

Is this announcement likely to be a Kernow-commissioned special livery (likely West Country themed) of whatever general catalogue item it is that Bachmann Branch-Line plans to announce as a new product at the GCR event next month.  

Unless I am confusing the GCR event with the "members day" event where Bachmann usually announces their new product?

The Bachmann Collectors' Club has also indicated that they will shortly announce two related special models with an incentive to purchase both.

Is this announcement likely to be a Kernow-commissioned special livery (likely West Country themed) of whatever general catalogue item it is that Bachmann Branch-Line plans to announce as a new product at the GCR event next month.

No. ;)

• RMweb Premium

38 stock?

C-stock?

hmmm, Vivarail's D-train? It's rumoured to be working on the Gunnislake Branch to make the Cornish connection and the reversal at Bere Alston means each end pulls and pushes on every trip....

• RMweb Gold

That section of the Circle line in the picture on the newsletter I believe was part of the Metropolitan line....

The LU 4-TC set is used on the Met pulled and pushed usually by Sarah Siddons and a Class 20 or steam locos....

Seeing as Bachmann have Underground liveried 20's and Heljan produce the Met Electric loco and the Class 33/1 i'd be surprised if it wasn't a 4-TC set....

But i've been wrong before....

Could the connection be as simple as A.) It's electric multiple unit stock and B.) It works off of electric rails.
If so, the 4-TC idea looks highly appealing.

Regards,
Matt

Archived